About Dr. Melissa M. Chen
Dr. Melissa Chen is a Clinical Neuroradiologist interested in the evaluation of brain tumors using advanced imaging techniques and head/neck imaging. She is committed to quality improvement and patient-centered value based care. Melissa graduated with a B.S. from the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania and a degree in medicine from the University of Texas Health Science Center. Melissa currently serves as the Alternate Advisor for the American Society of Neuroradiology to the AMA Relative Value Scale (RVS) Update Committee and is the Vice Chair of the Economics Committee for the American College of Radiology’s Patient Family Centered Care Commission.
Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2010||University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2001||University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA, BS, Economics with a concentration in Finance and Accounting|
|2016-2017||Clinical Fellowship, Oncological Neuroradiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2015-2016||Clinical Fellowship, Neuroradiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2011-2015||Clinical Residency, Radiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX|
|2010-2011||Clinical Internship, Medicine Internship, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX|
|2015||Moorefield Economics and Health Policy Fellowship to the American College of Radiology, Texas Radiological Society Foundation|
|2015||Summit Scholarship, Radiology Leadership Institute|
|2014||Stewart R. Reuter Radiology Resident of the Year Award, The University of Texas Health Science Center|
- Katabathina VS, Amanullah FS, Menias CO, Chen MM, Valente PT, Chintapalli KN, Prasad SR. Extrauterine Pelvic Serous Carcinomas: Current Update on Pathology and Cross-sectional Imaging Findings. Radiographics 36(3):918-32, 2016. PMID: 27163599.
- Gunderman RB, Chen MM. The Limits of Economics. J Am Coll Radiol 12(9):981-2, 2015. PMID: 26355207.
- Restrepo CS, Chen MM, Martinez-Jimenez S, Carrillo J, Restrepo C. Chest Neoplasms with Infectious Etiologies. World J Radiol 3(12):279-88, 2011. PMID: 22224176.
- Kiel JW, Hollingsworth M, Rao R, Chen MM, Reitsamer HA. Ciliary Blood Flow and Aqueous Humor Production. Prog Retin Eye Res 30(1):1-17, 2011. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20801226.
- Chen MM, May A, Ginsberg LE. Advanced cutaneous malignancy of the head and heck with perineural tumor spread along cervical nerves: a plexus of cancer. American Society of Head and Neck Radiology Proceedings, 2017.