Meet Melissa Chen, M.D.
About Dr. Melissa M. Chen
Dr. Melissa Chen is a Clinical Neuroradiologist interested in the evaluation of brain tumors using advanced imaging techniques and head/neck imaging. She is committed to quality improvement and patient-centered value based care. Melissa graduated with a B.S. from the Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania and a degree in medicine from the University of Texas Health Science Center. Melissa currently serves as the Alternate Advisor for the American Society of Neuroradiology to the AMA Relative Value Scale (RVS) Update Committee and is the Vice Chair of the Economics Committee for the American College of Radiology’s Patient Family Centered Care Commission.
Assistant Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2010||University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2001||University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA, BS, Economics with a concentration in Finance and Accounting|
|2016-2017||Clinical Fellowship, Oncological Neuroradiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2015-2016||Clinical Fellowship, Neuroradiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2011-2015||Clinical Residency, Radiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX|
|2010-2011||Clinical Internship, Medicine Internship, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX|
|2015||Summit Scholarship, Radiology Leadership Institute|
|2015||Moorefield Economics and Health Policy Fellowship to the American College of Radiology, Texas Radiological Society Foundation|
|2014||Stewart R. Reuter Radiology Resident of the Year Award, The University of Texas Health Science Center|
- Chen MM, Chen SR, Diaz-Marchan P, Schomer D, Kumar VA. Anterior Inferior Cerebellar Artery Strokes Based on Variant Vascular Anatomy of the Posterior Circulation: Clinical Deficits and Imaging Territories. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 27(4), 2018. PMID: 29150242.
- Chen MM, Rosenkrantz AB, Nicola GN, Silva E, McGinty G, Manchikanti L, Hirsch JA. The Qualified Clinical Data Registry: A Pathway to Success within MACRA. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 38(7):1292-1296, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28522660.
- Katabathina VS, Amanullah FS, Menias CO, Chen MM, Valente PT, Chintapalli KN, Prasad SR. Extrauterine Pelvic Serous Carcinomas: Current Update on Pathology and Cross-sectional Imaging Findings. Radiographics 36(3):918-32, 2016. PMID: 27163599.
- Gunderman RB, Chen MM. The Limits of Economics. J Am Coll Radiol 12(9):981-2, 2015. PMID: 26355207.
- Restrepo CS, Chen MM, Martinez-Jimenez S, Carrillo J, Restrepo C. Chest Neoplasms with Infectious Etiologies. World J Radiol 3(12):279-88, 2011. PMID: 22224176.
- Kiel JW, Hollingsworth M, Rao R, Chen MM, Reitsamer HA. Ciliary Blood Flow and Aqueous Humor Production. Prog Retin Eye Res 30(1):1-17, 2011. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20801226.
- Wang KY, Yen CJ, Chen MM, Variyam D, Acosta TU, Reed B, Wintermark M, Lincoln CM. Reducing Inappropriate Lumbar Spine MRI for Low Back Pain: Radiology Support, Communication and Alignment Network. J Am Coll Radiol. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28969974.
- Chen MM MACRA: What Is It and Why You Should Care?. The Viewbox, Texas Radiological Society Newsletter, 2016.
- Wang KY, Chen MM, Johnson JM, Schomer DF, Liu HL. Effect of Vascular Input Function Selection on Quantitative Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI for Differentiating Pseudo-progression from True Progression in Glioblastomas. The Cancer Imaging and Intervention Conference, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Proceedings, 2018.