Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Dr. Garcia subspecializes in pediatric leukemia and lymphoma, including acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute myeloid leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma and mature B-cell lymphomas.
|2012||The University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX, USA, DO, Medicine|
|2008||Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA, BBA, Spanish Minor, Management Major|
|2018-2019||Research Fellowship, Oncology Basic Science Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2015-2018||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2012-2015||Clinical Residency, Pediatrics, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX|
|2019||American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology|
|2015||American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatrics|
Assistant Professor, Department of Hematology/Oncology, Division of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, The Children's Hospital of San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, 2021 - 2022
Section Lead for Translational Clinical Trials, Pediatric Leukemia & Lymphoma, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2022 - Present
- Garcia MB, Schadler K, Basen-Engquist K, et al.. Findings of MD Anderson's Translating Energy Balance from Bench to Communities Conference. CA: A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 2023.
- Garcia M, Schadler K. The Role of Exercise and Physical Activity in Osteosarcoma for Patients and Survivors. Journal of Cancer Biology 1(2):48-52, 2020.
- Marmonti E, Savage H, Zhang A, Morrell MG, Bedoya CAF, Harden A, Buzbee M, Schadler K. Modulating sphingosine-1-phosphate receptors to improve chemotherapy efficacy against Ewing sarcoma. International Journal of Cancer 147(4):1206-1214, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 31922252.
- Morrell MBG, Baker R, Johnson A, Santizo R, Liu D, Moody K. Dietary intake and micronutrient deficiency in children with cancer. Pediatric Blood Cancer 66(10), 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31286672.
- Morrell MBG, Alvarez-Florez C, Zhang A, Kleinerman ES, Savage H, Marmonti E, Park M, Shaw A, Schadler KL. Vascular modulation through exercise improves chemotherapy efficacy in Ewing sarcoma. Pediatric Blood Cancer 66(9), 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31136074.
- Garcia MB, Ness KK, Schadler KL. Exercise and Physical Activity in Patients with Osteosarcoma and Survivors. In: Current Advances in Osteosarcoma. Springer, 193-207, 2020.
|Title:||Measuring the Clinical and Psychosocial Impact of the CHEF Teaching Kitchen in Pediatric Cancer Patients and Survivors|
|Funding Source:||Culinary Health Education for Families (CHEF)|