Assistant Professor, Department of Imaging Physics, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2013||The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX, USA, PHD, Medical Physics|
|2005||The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, BS, Physics|
|2005||The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, BS, Electrical Engineering|
|2018||The American Board of Radiology|
Assistant Professor, The University of Texas McGovern Medical School, Houston, TX, 2016 - 2019
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Online Quality Management System Committee, 2019 - Present
Member, Junior Faculty Committee, 2019 - Present
- Ahmad M, Fahrig R, Pung L, Spahn M, Köster NS, Reitz S, Moore T, Choi JH, Hinshaw W, Xia Y, Müller K. Assessment of a photon-counting detector for a dual-energy C-arm angiographic system. Medical Physics 44(11):5938-5948, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28940528.
- M Ahmad, L Xiang, S Yousefi, L Xing. Theoretical detection threshold of the proton acoustic range verification technique. Medical Physics 42(10):5735-5744, 2015.
- M Ahmad, M Bazalova, R Fahrig, L Xing. Optimized detector angular configuration increases the sensitivity of X-ray fluorescence computed tomography (XFCT). IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging 34(5):1140-1147, 2015.
- Ahmad M, Bazalova M, Xiang L, Xing L. Order of magnitude sensitivity increase in X-ray Fluorescence Computed Tomography (XFCT) imaging with an optimized spectro-spatial detector configuration: theory and simulation. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging 33(5):1119-28, 2014. PMID: 24770916.
- Ahmad M, Pan T. Target-specific optimization of four-dimensional cone beam computed tomography. Medical Physics 39(9):5683-96, 2012. PMID: 22957634.
- Ahmad M, Balter P, Pan T. Four-dimensional volume-of-interest reconstruction for cone-beam computed tomography-guided radiation therapy. Medical Physics 38(10):5646-56, 2011. PMID: 21992381.
- Ahmad, M, Liu Y, Slavens ZW, Low R, Merkle E, Hwang KP, Vu A, Ma J. A method for automatic identification of water and fat images from a symmetrically sampled dual-echo Dixon technique. Magn Reson Imaging 28(3):427-33, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20061107.
- Ahmad M, G Pratx, M Bazalova, L Xing. X-ray Luminescence and X-ray fluorescence computed tomography: new molecular imaging modalities. IEEE Access 2:1051-1061, 2014. e-Pub 2014.