Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Genitourinary Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2008||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Internal Medicine|
|2004||Rice University, Houston, TX, USA, BA, Biology|
|2012-2014||Clinical Fellowship, Hematology/Oncology (C0-Chief Fellow 2012-2014), Washington University/Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO|
|2011-2012||Clinical Fellowship, Hematology/Oncology, The University of Texas-Southwestern, Dallas, TX|
|2009-2011||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Washington University/Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO|
|2008-2009||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, Washington University/Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO|
|2014||American Board of Internal Medicine in Oncology|
|2014||American Board of Internal Medicine in Hematology|
|2011||American Board in Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine|
Experience & Service
Physician Leader for Houston Methodist West Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee, Methodist West (HMW) Hospital, Houston, TX, 2021 - 2023
Oncologist and Hematologist, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX, 2019 - 2023
Medical Director of Oncology Program Development & Outreach, Methodist West (HMW) Hospital, Houston, 2019 - 2023
Medical Oncology NAPBC Accreditation for HMW Hospital, Methodist West (HMW) Hospital, Houston, TX, 2019 - 2023
Medical Oncology Cancer Committee for Methodist West Hospital, Methodist West Hospital (MWH), Houston, TX, 2019 - 2023
Medical Oncology Leader for Rectal Cancer Center of Excellence, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX, 2017 - 2019
Moderator of Bimonthly Rectal Cancer Tumor Board, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX, 2017 - 2019
Medical Executive Committee Member, St. Luke's Hospital, St. Louis, MO, 2016 - 2017
Chair of Universal Lynch Cancer Screening Policy, St. Luke's Hospital, St. Louis, MO, 2015 - 2017
Blood Utilization Review Committee Member, St. Luke's Hospital, St. Louis, MO, 2015 - 2017
Oncology Steering Committee Member, St. Luke's Hospital, St. Louis, MO, 2015 - 2017
Head of Internal Medicine Residency Board Review Series, St. Lukes Hospital, St. Louis, MO, 2015 - 2017
Honors & Awards
|2014||Missouri Oncology Society Outstanding Fellow Award, Missouri Oncology Society|
|2012||Young Investigator Award for Research, American Pancreatic Association and Japan Pancreas Society|
|2008||Baylor College of Medicine Matthew Carter Award for Community Service and Outreach, Baylor College of Medicine|
|2007||Baylor College of Medicine Competitive Award for Academic Excellence, Baylor College of Medicine|
|2003||Phi Beta Kappa Rice University Chapter for Academic Excellence, Rice University|
- Clement Chung, Alison Rome, Monica Desai, Fred Abanonu, Cesar De la Casas. Optimizing Multidisciplinary Toxicity Detection and Management in Patients Undergoing Active Cancer Treatments in Ambulatory Infusion Centers. JCO Oncol Practice 18(9):1553, 2022.
- Ademuyiwa FO, Salyer P, Tao Y, Luo J, Hensing WL, Afolalu A, Peterson LL, Weilbaecher K, Housten AJ, Baumann AA, Desai M, Jones S, Linnenbringer E, Plichta J, Bierut L. Genetic Counseling and Testing in African American Patients with Breast Cancer: A Nationwide Survey of US Breast Oncologists. J Clin Oncol 39(36):4020, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34662201.
- Minas.Economides, Amishi.Shah, CamiloJimenez, Mouhammed.Habra, Monica Desai, MatthewT.Campbell. A Durable Response With the Combination of Nivolumab and Cabozantinib in a Patient with Metastatic Paraganglioma: A Case Report and Review of the Current Literature 11, 2020.
- Amin M, Desai M, Trinkaus K, Brown A, Wang-Gillam A, Tan B, Picus J, Sorscher S, Highkin M, Lears K, Lockhart AC. Phase II trial of levocetirizine with capecitabine and bevacizumab to overcome the resistance of antiangiogenic therapies in refractory metastatic colorectal cancer. J Gastrointest Oncol 10(3):412-420, 2019. PMID: 31183190.
- Desai MD, Saroya BS, Lockhart AC. Investigational therapies targeting the ErbB (EGFR, HER2, HER3, HER4) family in GI cancers. Expert Opin Investig Drugs 22(3):341-56, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23316969.
- Dandona M, Linehan D, Hawkins W, Strasberg S, Gao F, Wang-Gillam A. Influence of obesity and other risk factors on survival outcomes in patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic cancer. Pancreas 40(6):931-7, 2011. PMID: 21747317.
- Subramanian J, Madadi AR, Dandona M, Williams K, Morgensztern D, Govindan R. Review of ongoing clinical trials in non-small cell lung cancer: a status report for 2009 from the ClinicalTrials.gov website. J Thorac Oncol 5(8):1116-9, 2010. PMID: 20592626.
- Dandona M, Gao F, Linehan DC, Wang-Gillam A. Re: ABO blood group and the risk of pancreatic cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 102(2):135-7; author reply 137, 2010. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 20019335.
- Dandona MA, Morgensztern D, Auethevekiat V, Adkins D, Thorstad W, Nussenbaum B, Zhang Q, Kuperman DI. Survival for Nasopharyngeal Cancer Presenting With Metastatic Disease 27(15), 2009.