About Nadia Hameed
I am an anatomic and clinical pathologist with training in gynecologic pathology. I joined MD Anderson Cancer Center as an Assistant Professor in 2022 after completing my fellowship trainings in both Gynecologic Pathology and Surgical Pathology at the same institution. I have a special interest in ovarian and endometrial tumors. I routinely assess gynecologic pathology cases, including those sent to MD Anderson for referral from outside institutions. I have participated in research projects in pathology, with focus on ovarian neoplasms.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2005||Baghdad University Teaching Hospital, Baghdad, IRQ, Internship, Medicine and Surgery|
|2002||University of Baghdad, Baghdad, IRQ, MBChB, Medicine and Surgery|
|2021-2022||Clinical Fellowship, Gynecologic Pathology, University of Texas-M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2020-2021||Clinical Fellowship, Surgical Pathology, University of Texas-M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2016-2020||Clinical Residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL|
|2020||American Board of Pathology|
|2004||Distinguished Resident Award, Baghdad Teaching Hospital|
- Rothrock AT, Hameed N, Cho WC, Nagarajan P, Ivan D, Torres-Cabala CA, Prieto VG, Curry JL, Aung PP. BRAF V600E immunohistochemistry as a useful tool in the diagnosis of melanomas with ambiguous morphologies and immunophenotypes. J Cutan Pathol 50(3):223-229, 2023. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 36377266.
- Nitecki R, Hameed N, Bhosale P, Shafer A. Growing teratoma syndrome. Int J Gynecol Cancer 33(2):299-303, 2023. e-Pub 2023. PMID: 36746506.
- Haque M, Hameed N, Perry CT, Carter E, Mneimneh WS. Malignant Peritoneal Mesothelioma in the setting of a Ventriculo-Peritoneal Shunt: A novel clinical presentation. Clin Med Insights Oncol 12:1179554918779583, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29899672.
- Haque M, Hammed N, Mneimneh WS Ovarian Sertoli-Leydig Cell Tumor presenting with non-specific symptoms, in an elderly patient with family history of Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 150:S78, 2018.
- Hameed N, Euscher E, Ramalingam P, Marques-Piubelli M, Lawson B, Malpica A. Reporting Lymph Node Metastasis Size and Extracapsular Extension for Ovarian, Fallopian Tube and Peritoneal Carcinoma is Not Clinically Relevant. Mod Path 35(2):754, 2022.
- Hameed N, Ramalingam P, Marques-Piubelli M, Euscher E, Malpica A. Histologic Features of Ovarian Background Tissue in Primary Mucinous Ovarian Tumors Versus that of Metastasis. Mod Path 35(2):753, 2022.