Professor, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1993-1996||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN|
|1992-1993||Clinical Residency, Pediatrics Level 3, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|1991-1992||Clinical Residency, Pediatrics Level 1/2, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|1990-1991||Clinical Residency, Pediatrics Level 3 - Chief Resident, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut|
|1989-1990||Clinical Residency, Pediatrics Level 2, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut|
|1988-1989||Clinical Internship, Pediatrics Level 1, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut|
|1996||American Board of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology|
|1993||Flex Examination (Parts I & II)|
|1993||American Board of Pediatrics|
|1992||Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Provider|
|1992||Pediatric Advanced Life Support|
|1991||Basic Life Support|
|1989||FMGEMS (Parts I & II)|
Associate Professor, Department of Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine, Memphis, TN, 2005 - 2010
Associate Member, Department of Department of Hematology/Oncology, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, 2004 - 2010
Assistant Professor, Department of Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine, Memphis, TN, 2000 - 2005
Associate Staff, Department of Department of Pediatrics, Le Bonheur Children's Medical Center, Memphis, TN, 1997 - 2000
Assistant Member, Department of Department of Hematology/Oncology, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, 1996 - 2004
Cancer Education Committee, Member, Pediatric Oncology Track, American Society of Clinical Oncology, Houston, TX, 2012 - 2015
|2005||Honored member Strathmore's Who's Who|
|2001||Member of the National Registry of Who's Who|
|1994||Lester Fellowship Award|
|1994||Best Doctors in America|
|1984||Deans Honor List, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon|
- McCarville MB, Billups C, Wu J, Kaufman R, Kaste S, Coleman J, Sharp S, Nadel H, Charron M, Lederman H, Don S, Shochat S, Daw NC, Shulkin B.. The role of PET-CT in assessing pulmonary nodules in children with solid malignancies. Am J Roentgenol 201(6):W900-W905, 2013. e-Pub 2013.
- Kaste SC, Brady SL, Yee B, McPherson VJ, Kaufman RA, Billups CA, Daw NC, Pappo AS. Is routine pelvic surveillance imaging necessary in patients with Wilms’ tumor?. Cancer 119(1):182-8, 2013. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22736193.
- Leary SE, Wozniak AW, Billups CA, Wu J, McPherson V, Neel MD, Rao BN, Daw NC. Survival of pediatric patients after relapsed osteosarcoma: the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital experience. Cancer 119(14):2645-53, 2013. PMID: 23625626.
- Daw NC, Neel MD, Rao BN, Billups CA, Wu J, Jenkins JJ, Quintana J, Luchtman-Jones L, Villarroel M, Santana VM. Frontline treatment of localized osteosarcoma without methotrexate: Results of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital OS99 trial. Cancer 117(12):2770-8, 2011. PMID: 21656756.
- Juergens H, Daw NC, Geoerger B, Ferrari S, Villarroel M, Aerts I, Whelan JS, Dirksen U, Hixon ML, Yin D, Wang T, Green S, Paccagnella L, Gualberto A. Preliminary efficacy of the anti-insulin like growth factor type 1 receptor antibody figitumumab in patients with refractory Ewing Sarcoma. Journal of Clinical Oncology 29(34):4534-40, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 22025154.
- Kaste SC, Waszilycsak GL, McCarville MB, Daw NC. Estimation of potential excell cancer incidence in pediatric thallium-201 imaging. AJR Am J Roentgenol 194(1):245-249, 2010. PMID: 20028929.
- Daw NC, Gregornik D, Rodman J, Marina N, Wu J, Kun LE, Jenkins JJ, McPherson V, Wilimas J, Jones DP. Renal function after ifosfamide, carboplatin, and etoposide (ICE) chemotherapy, nephrectomy, and radiotherapy in children with Wilms tumor. European Journal of Cancer 45(1):99-106, 2009. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18996004.
- Hinds PS, Gattuso JS, Billups CA, West NK, Wu J, Rivera C, Quintana J, Villarroel M, Daw NC. Aggressive treatment of nonmetastatic osteosarcoma improves health-related quality of life in children and adolescents. Eur J Cancer 45(11):2007-2014, 2009. PMID: 19450974.
- Ness KK, Rao BN, Daw NC. More than physical function: HRQOL among children and adolescents with lower extremity bone sarcoma. Pediatr Blood Cancer 53(3):310-311, 2009. PMID: 19544376.
- Wright KD, Green DM and Daw NC. Late effects of treatment for Wilms tumor. Pediatric Hematology/Oncology 26(6):407-413, 2009. PMID: 19657990.
- Furman WL, Navid F, Daw NC, McCarville MB, McGregor Lm, Spunt SL, Rodriguez-Galindo C, Panetta JC, Crews KR, Wu J, Gajjar AJ, Houghton PJ, Santana VM, Stewart CF. Tyrosine kinase inhibitor enhances the bioavailability of oral irinotecan in pediatric patients with refractory solid tumors. Journal of Clinical Oncology 27(27):4599-4604, 2009. PMID: 19687340.
- Inaba H, Khan RB, Laningham FH, Crews KR, Pui C-H, Daw NC. Clinical and radiological characteristics of methotrexate-induced acute encephalopathy in pediatric patients with cancer. Ann Oncol 19(1):178-184, 2008.
- Rivera GK, Quintana J. Villarroel M, Santana VM, Rodriguez-Galindo C, Neel MD, Velez G, Ribeiro RC, Daw NC. Transfer of complex frontline anticancer therapy to a developing country: The St. Jude osteosarcoma experience in Chile. Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:1143-1146, 2008.
- Navid F, Willert JR, McCarville MB, Furman W, Watkins A, Roberts W, Daw NC. Combination of gemcitabine and docetaxel in treatment of children and young adults with refractory bone sarcoma. Cancer 113(2):419-425, 2008. e-Pub 2008.
- Weiss A, Khoury JD, Hoffer FA, Wu J, Billups CA, Heck RK, Quintant J, Poe D, Rao BN, Daw NC. Telangiectatic osteosarcoma: The St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's experience. Cancer 109(8):1627-1637, 2007.
- Kaste SC, Fuller CE, Saharia A, Rao BN, Daw NC. Pediatric surface osteosarcoma: Clinical, pathologic, and radiologic features. Pediatr Blood Cancer 47(2):152-162, 2006.
- Daw NC, Billups CA, Rodriguez-Galindo C, McCarville MB, Rao BN, Cain AM, Jenkins JJ, Neel MD, Meyer WH. Metastatic osteosarcoma: Results of two consecutive therapeutic trials at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Cancer 106:403-412, 2006.
- Hartford CM, Wodowski KS, Rao BN, Khoury JD, Neel MD, Daw NC. Osteosarcoma among children aged 5 years or younger: The St. Jude Children's Research Hospital experience. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology 28:43-47, 2006.
- Furman WL, Crews KR, Billups C, Wu J, Gajjar AJ, Daw NC, Patrick CC, Rodriguez-Galindo C, Stewart CF, Dome JS, Panetta JC, Houghton PJ, Santana VM. Cefixime allows greater dose escalation of oral irinotecan: A phase I study in pediatric patients with refractory solid tumors. Journal of Clinical Oncology 24(4)(563-570), 2006.
- Saab R, Rao BN, Rodriguez-Galindo C, Billups CA, Fortenberry TN, Daw NC. Osteosarcoma of the pelvis in children and young adults: The St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's experience. Cancer 103(7):1468-1474, 2005.
- Daw NC, Furman WL, Stewart CF, Iacono LC, Krailo M, Bernstein ML, Dancey JE, Speights RA, Blaney SM, Croop JM, Reaman GH, Adamson PC. Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of gefitinib in children with refractory solid tumors: A Children's Oncology Group Study. Journal of Clinical Oncology 23(25):6172-6180, 2005.
- Daw NC, Santana VM, Iacono LC, Furman WL, Hawkins DR, Houghton PJ, Panetta JC, Gajjar AJ, and Stewart CF. A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of oral topotecan administered once daily for five days for two consecutive weeks to pediatric patients with refractory solid tumors. Journal of Clinical Oncology 22:829-837, 2004.
- Crews KR, Liu T, Rodriguez-Galindo C, Tan M, Meyer WH, Panetta JC, Link MP, Daw NC. High-dose methotrexate pharmacokinetics and outcome of children and young adults with osteosarcoma. Cancer 100:1724-1733, 2004.
- Rodriguez-Galindo C, Shah N, McCarville MB, Billups CA, Neel MN, Rao BN, Daw NC. Outcome after local recurrence of osteosarcoma: The St. Jude Children's Research Hospital experience (1970-2000). Cancer 100:1928-1935, 2004.
- Cypriano MS, Jenkins JJ, Pappo AS, Rao BN, Daw NC. Pediatric gastrointestinal stromal tumors and leiomyosarcoma: The St. Jude Children's Research Hospital experience and a review of the literature. Cancer 101:39-50, 2004.
- Sanders RP, Drissi R, Billups CA, Daw NC, Valentine MB, Dome JS. Telomerase expression predicts unfavorable outcome in osteosarcoma. Journal of Clinical Oncology 22(18):3790-3797, 2004.
- Stewart CF, Leggas M, Schuetz JD, Panetta JC, Cheshire PJ, Peterson J, Daw NC, Jenkins III JJ, Gilbertson R, Germain GS, Harwood FC, Houghton PJ. Gefitinib enhances the antitumor activity and oral bioavailability of irinotecan in mice. Cancer Research 64(20):7491-7499, 2004.
- Crews KR, Stewart CF, Liu T, Rodriguez-Galindo C, Santana VM, Daw NC. Effect of fractionated ifosfamide on the pharmacokinetics of irinotecan in pediatric patients with osteosarcoma. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology 26(11):764-767, 2004.
- Daw NC, Billups CA, Pappo AS, Jenkins JJ, Mahmoud HH, Krasin MJ, Rao BN. Malignant fibrous histiocytoma and other fibrohistiocytic tumors in pediatric patients. Cancer 97:2839-2847, 2003.
- Rodriguez-Galindo C, Daw NC, Kaste SC, Meyer WH, Dome J, Pappo AS, Rao BN, Pratt CB. Treatment of refractory osteosarcoma with fractionated cyclophosphamide and etoposide. Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology 24:250-255, 2002.
- Daw NC, Mahmoud HH, Meyer WH, Jenkins JJ. Kaste SC, Poquette CA, Kun LE, Pratt CB, Rao BN. Bone sarcomas of the head and neck in children: The St. Jude Children's Research Hospital experience. Cancer 88:2172-2180, 2000.
- Shulkin BL, Davis JC, Navid F, Billups C, Santana V, Reddick Gene, Daw NC. FDG PET/CT in pediatric osteosarcoma: Comparison of standard & delayed scanning. SNMMI Annual Meeting, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2013.
- Al-Rahawan MM, Yang J, Wang C, Aldag JC, de Alarcon PA, West N, Hinds PS, Rubnitz JE, Daw NC. Anemia and health-related quality of life in pediatric patients undergoing treatment for acute myeloid leukemia or osteosarcoma. Presented at the 23rd annual meeting of the American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Montreal, Canada, 2010.
- Mirabello L, Pfeiffer R, Murphy G, Daw N, Patino-Garcia A, Trpisi R, Hoover RN, Douglass C, Schuz J, Craft AW, Savage SA. Height, birth-weight, and osteosarcoma risk in a large meta-analysis. Presented at the 101st AACR annual meeting, Washington, DC (abstract # 5748), 2010.
- Daw NC, Neel MD, Rao BN, Billups CA, Wu J, Jenkins J, Villarroel M, Luchtman-Jones L, Quintana J, Santana VM. Frontline treatment of localized osteosarcoma without methotrexate: results of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital OS99 trial. Presented at the ASCO Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL; Cancer 117(12):2770-8, 2011 27:528s (abstract #10036), 2009. PMID: 21656756.
- Daw NC, Huff V, Anderson PM. Neoplasms of the Kidney. In: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 20. Elsevier Saunders: Philadelphia, PA, 2464-2468, 2013.