Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics - Research, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1993||Universidad Central de Venezuela, Luis Razetti School of Medicine, Ciudad Universitaria, Caracas, VEN, MD, Medicine|
|2006-2009||Research Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2004-2005||Clinical Fellowship, Solid Tumors, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2001-2004||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1998-2001||Pediatric Residency, Driscoll Children's Hospital, Department of Medical Education, Corpus Christi, TX|
|1992-1993||Clinical Internship, Hospital Universitario de Caracas, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Ciudad Universitaria, Caracas|
|1989-1991||Clinical Internship, Hospital Carlos J. Bello, Cruz Roja Venezolana, Caracas|
|1986-1993||Clinical Residency, Medical Doctor, Universidad Central de Venezuela, "Luis Razetti" School of Medicine, Ciudad Universitaria, Caracas|
Instructor, Department of Pediatrics - Research, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2010
Member, Fellowship Evaluation Committee, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2014 - Present
Member-Expert Internal Panel, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center - AAMC Early Career Women Faculty Professional Development, Houston, TX, 2012 - Present
Pediatrics Tumor Board Task Force, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2016
Director, Research Training Program for Clinical Fellows, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2017
Research Associate, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX, 1996 - 1997
Institutional Committee Activities
Faculty Senator, Faculty Senate Representation for the Department of Pediatrics, 2014 - 2021
Associate Member, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 2014 - Present
Protocol Reviewer, Clinical Research Committee (CRC), 2011 - Present
Member, High Resolution Electron Microscopy Facility (HREMF) Oversight Committee, 2009 - Present
|2015||Pediatric Clinical Innovator Award/Pediatric Multidisciplinary Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2012||MD Anderson Women Faculty Accepted to Attend The 2012 AAMC Professional Development Seminars, The University of Texas MD Anderson Women Faculty|
|2012||Bio Houston Annual Luncheon Celebrating Women Invited to attend in Science, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2007||Mike Doiron Memorial 18th Annual Legends of Friendswood Education Foundation Award, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center and The Legends of Friendswood Education Foundation|
- Santiago-O'Farrill JM, Kleinerman ES, Hollomon MG, Livingston A, Wang WL, Tsai JW, Gordon NB. Phosphorylated heat shock protein 27 as a potential biomarker to predict the role of chemotherapy-induced autophagy in osteosarcoma response to therapy. Oncotarget 9(2):1602-1616, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29416717.
- Rodriguez CO, Crabbs TA, Wilson DW, Cannan VA, Skorupski KA, Gordon N, Koshkina N, Kleinerman E, Anderson PM. Aerosol Gemcitabine: Preclinical Safety and In Vivo Antitumor Activity in Osteosarcoma-Bearing Dogs. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 23(4):197-206, 2010. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19803732.
- Gordon N, Kleinerman ES. Aerosol Therapy for the Treatment of Osteosarcoma Lung Metastases: Targeting the Fas/FasL Pathway and Rationale for the use of Gemcitabine. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 23(4):189-96, 2010. PMID: 20528149.
- Gordon N, Koshkina NV, Jia SF, Khanna C, Mendoza A, Worth LL, Kleinerman ES. Corruption of the Fas pathway delays the pulmonary clearance of murine osteosarcoma cells, enhances their metastatic potential, and reduces the effect of aerosol gemcitabine. Clin Cancer Res 13(15 Pt 1):4503-10, 2007. PMID: 17671136.
- Hahn KM, Johnson PH, Gordon N, Kuerer H, Middleton L, Ramirez M, Yang W, Perkins G, Hortobagyi GN, Theriault RL. Treatment of pregnant breast cancer patients and outcomes of children exposed to chemotherapy in utero. Cancer 107(6):1219-26, 2006. PMID: 16894524.
- Gordon N, Arndt CA, Hawkins DS, Doherty DK, Inwards CY, Munsell MF, Stewart J, Koshkina NV, Kleinerman ES. Fas expression in lung metastasis from osteosarcoma patients. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27(11):611-5, 2005. PMID: 16282894.
- Gordon N, Mullen CA, Tran H, Worth L, Gomez Almaguer D, Chan KW. Fludarabine and once-daily intravenous busulfan for allogeneic bone marrow transplantation for Chediak-Higashi syndrome. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25(10):824-6, 2003. PMID: 14528111.
- Gordon N, Kleinerman ES. The Role of Fas/FasL in the Metastatic Potential of Osteosarcoma and Targeting this Pathway for the Treatment of Osteosarcoma Lung Metastases. Cancer Treat Res 152:497-508, 2010. PMID: 20213411.
- Santiago-O’Farrill JM, Hollomon M, Kleinerman ES, Gordon N. HSP27 as a potential factor to determine the fate of Gemcitabine- induced autophagy in osteosarcoma: Survival vs. death. AACR Annual Meeting 2015, Philadelphia, PA April 18-22, 2015.
- Dhupkar PM, Yu L, Kleinerman ES, Gordon N. Immune modulation of Natural Killer cell adoptive transfer for the treatment of Osteosarcoma lung metastastasis: Targeting the PD-1/ PDL-1 signaling pathway. AACR Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy: A New Chapter, December 1-4, 2014, Orlando, FL, 2014.
- Gordon N, Daw NC, Anderson PM, Guma S, Chien H-C, Zinner R, Subbiah V, Hajair J, Kleinerman ES, Naing A. Aerosol interleukin-2 for the treatment of patients ≥12 years old with lung metastases from osteosarcoma: a phase I trial. SITC 29th Annual Meeting, November 7-9, 2014, National Harbor, MD, 2014.
- Santiago-O’Farrill J, Hollomon M, Kleinerman ES, Gordon N. HSP27 as a potential Factor to Determine the Fate of Gemcitabine-Induced Autophagy in Osteosarcoma: Survival vs. Death. Lost Pines Conference 2014. Cell Death and Metabolism, November 21-22, 2014, 2014.
- Gordon N, Kleinerman ES. The Role of Fas/FasL in the Metastatic Potential of Osteosarcoma and Targeting this Pathway for the Treatment of Osteosarcoma Lung Metastases. In: Pediatric and Adolescent Osteosarcoma. 1st. Springer, 497-508, 2010.
|Title:||Aerosol IL-2 Feasibility in OS patients 12-18 years and for lung NK cell expansion|
|Title:||Autophagy and heat shock protein 27 in osteosarcoma response to chemotherapy|
|Funding Source:||Hyundai Hope on Wheels|
|Title:||Interplay between autophagy and phosphorylated heat shock protein 27 in Osteosarcoma following aerosol Gemcitabine|
|Funding Source:||TJ Martell Foundation|
|Title:||Strategic Alliance: Effect of NKTR-214 treatment alone vs combination NKTR-214+Anti-PD1 in Osteosarcoma primary tumor and pulmonary metastasis|
|Funding Source:||Nektar Therapeutics|
|Title:||Immunotherapy for sarcomas|
|Funding Source:||Philanthropic Funds|
|Title:||Houston Tri Delta Organization|
|Funding Source:||Philanthropic Funds|
|Title:||Phase I study of aerosol Gemcitabine for patients with solid tumors and lung metastases|
|Funding Source:||Gateway for Cancer Research|