About Dr. Garg
Dr. Naveen Garg is an Assistant Professor of Radiology in the Abdominal Imaging section at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. He obtained his M.D. from The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas in 2004. He completed his residency from St. Vincent Hospital, in Worchester, Massachusetts in 2005, and his fellowship in body MRI from The University of Texas Houston before joining MD Anderson Cancer Center in 2010. Dr. Garg is interested in improving the practice of radiology by more effective utilization of computing resources and data. His research interests include development of radiologist user interface tools, imaging segmentation, search and analytics of the electronic medical record.
Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Medical and Radiology Informatics
Search and Analytics of Electronic Medical Record
|2004||UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2000||University of Georgia, Athens, GA, USA, BS, Biology|
|2005-2009||Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, St. Vincent Hospital, Worcester, MA|
|2004-2005||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, University of Texas at Houston, Houston, TX|
|2017||American Board of Preventive Medicine|
|2009||American Board of Radiology|
- Chauhan A, Garg N, Menias CO, Devine CE, Bhosale PR, Balachandran A. Tumor thrombus as a rare presentation of lymphoma: a case series of 14 patients. AJR Am J Roentgenol 204(4):W398-404, 2015. PMID: 25794089.
- Viswanathan C, Truong M, Sagebiel T, Garg N, Bhosale P. Imaging of chemotherapy-related iatrogenic abdominal and pelvic conditions. Radiol Clin North Am 52(5):1029-40, 2014. PMID: 25173656.
- Burger JA, Keating MJ, Wierda WG, Hartmann E, Hoellenriegel J, Rosin NY, Weerdt I, Jeyakumar G, Ferrajoli A, Cardenas-Turanzas M, Lerner S, Jorgesen JL, Nogueras-Gonzalez GM, Zacharian G, Huang X, Kantarjian H, Garg N, Rosenwald A, O'Brien S. Safety and activity of ibrutinib plus rituximab for patients with high-risk chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: a single-arm, phase 2 study. Lancet Oncology, 2014.
- Surabhi VR, Garg N, Frumovitz M, Bhosale P, Prasad SR, Meis JM. Aggressive angiomyxomas: a comprehensive imaging review with clinical and histopathologic correlation. AJR Am J Roentgenol 202(6):1171-8, 2014. PMID: 24848813.
- Wodarz D, Garg N, Komarova NL, Benjamini O, Keating MJ, Wierda WG, Kantarjian H, James D, O'Brien S, Burger JA. Kinetics of CLL cells in tissues and blood during therapy with the BTK inhibitor ibrutinib. Blood 123(26):4132-5, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24829205.
- Kang HC, Menias CO, Gaballah AH, Shroff S, Taggart MW, Garg N, Elsayes KM. Beyond the GIST: mesenchymal tumors of the stomach. Radiographics 33(6):1673-1690, 2013. PMID: 24108557.
- Neperud J, Mahvash A, Garg N, Murthy R, Szklaruk J. Can imaging patterns of neuroendocrine hepatic metastases predict response yttruim-90 radioembolotherapy?. World J Radiol 5(6):241-7, 2013. PMID: 23807902.
- Ganeshan DM, Salem U, Viswanathan C, Balachandran A, Garg N, Silverman P, Bhosale P. Complications of oncologic therapy in the abdomen and pelvis: a review. Abdom Imaging 38(1):1-21, 2013. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22644726.
- Cooper AB, Slack R, Fogelman D, Holmes HM, Petzel M, Parker N, Balachandran A, Garg N, Ngo-Huang A, Varadhachary G, Evans DB, Lee JE, Aloia T, Conrad C, Vauthey JN, Fleming JB, Katz MH. Characterization of anthropometric changes that occur during neoadjuvant therapy for potentially resectable pancreatic cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25519927.
- Tanasanvimon S, Garg N, Viswanathan C, Truong M, Kaur H, Kee BK, Sahin IH, Javle MM, Garrett CR. High prevalence of recurrent thrombosis in subsets of cancer patients with isolated gonadal vein thrombosis: A single center retrospective study. Thromb Res. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24331209.
- Fogelman DR, Holmes H, Mohammed K, Katz MH, Prado CM, Lieffers J, Garg N, Varadhachary GR, Shroff R, Overman MJ, Garrett C, Wolff RA, Javle M. Does IGFR1 inhibition result in increased muscle mass loss in patients undergoing treatment for pancreatic cancer?. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24740741.
- Muralidhar GS, Markey MK, Bovik AC, Haygood TM, Stephens TW, Geiser WR, Garg N, Adrada BE, Dogan BE, Carkaci S, Khisty R, Whitman GJ. Stereoscopic interpretation of low -dose breast tomosynthesis projection images. J Digit Imaging. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24190140.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Garg N. Garglets: various software plugins for PACS in use by over 50 radiologists and trainees at UT MDACC.
- Garg N, Bandari M, Wagner-Bartak N, Neperdu J, Mukai J, Kundra V, Vining D,. Semiautomated measurements of renal cysts. American Journal of Roentgenology 196(5_Supplement):A7 - A10, 2011.
- Garg N, Wagner-Bartak N, Mukai J, Elsayes K, Ernst R, Neperdu J, Kundra V, Vining D. Automated midline shift detection on head CT. American Journal of Roentgenology 196(5_Supplement):A10 - A13, 2011.
- Vining D, Tsimberidou A, Wang J, Garg N. Multimedia structured reporting: a picture is worth a thousand words. American Journal of Roentgenology 196(5_Supplement):A10 - A13, 2011.
- Wagner-Bartak N, Marcal L, Garg N, Szklaruk J. Imaging of extrahepatic bile duct cancer: implications of the revised AJCC staging classification. American Journal of Roentgenology 196(5_Supplement):A149 - A176, 2011.
- Vining DJ, Garg N, Markey MK, Ganapathi T, Komogortsev O. Principles and radiologic applications of eye-tracking technology. American Journal of Roentgenology 196(5_Supplement):A120 - A134, 2011.
- Elsayes K, Menias C, Vikram V, Garg N, Patnana M, Devine C, Platt J. Imaging of the gallbladder wall; a pattern recognition approach on CTR and MRI pathological correlation. The Society of Gastrointestinal Radiologists/Abdominal Radiology Course, 2011.
- Markey M, Bovik A, Stephens T, Haygood T, Geiser W, Garg N, Whitman G. Stereoscopic viewing of tomosynthesis projection images. XIV Medical Image Perception Society Conference 2011, 2011.
- Kramer L, Garg N. Triple inversion recovery imaging of myocardial infarction. Proceedings of Joint Meeting of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine and the European Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine and Biology, 2010.
- Garg N, Cheung A, Kowal D, Mukai J. Summary impressions: selecting how many and which prior radiology examinations to review. Proceedings of 57th Annual Meeting of the Association of University Radiologists, 2009. e-Pub 2009.
- Green A, Garg N. A radiology information system (RIS) search-based approach to rare case interpretation. Proceedings of Annual Meeting of the American Roentgen Ray Society, 2009.
- Garg N. Computer-assisted automatic report generation of DEXA scans. Proceedings of Indian Radiology and Imaging Association Annual Meeting, 2008.
- Pyrros A, Garg N. Faster radiology reporting through the utilization of standardized macros. Proceedings of 56th Annual Meeting of the Association of University Radiologists, 2008.
- Garg N, Akkanti B, Narvy S, Sekra A, Bader D. Mashdot: a web-based medical journal club. American Journal of Roentgenology 188(5_Supplement):A10, 2007. e-Pub 2007.
- Garg N, Chang A. Wiki-based collaborative web page for residents. American Journal of Roentgenology 186(4_Supplement):A30, 2006. e-Pub 2006.