Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1992||University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA, BA, Psychology|
|2002-2005||Clinical Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2001-2002||Clinical Internship, Harbor-UCLA Hospital, Los Angeles, CA|
|2006||American Board of Anesthesiology|
|2011||Faculty Excellence Award in Teaching and Evaluation, Fulbright and Jaworski, L.L.P|
- Ning MS, Venkatesan AM, Stafford RJ, Bui TP, Carlson R, Bailard NS, Vedam S, Davis R, Olivieri ND, Guzman AB, Incalcaterra JR, McKelvey FA, Thaker NG, Rauch GM, Tang C, Frank SJ, Joyner MM, Lin LL, Jhingran A, Eifel PJ, Klopp AH. Developing an intraoperative 3T MRI-guided brachytherapy program within a diagnostic imaging suite: Methods, process workflow and value-based analysis. Brachytherapy 19, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31786169.
- Bailard NS, Ortiz J, Flores RA. Additives to local anesthetics for peripheral nerve blocks: Evidence, limitations, and recommendations. Am J Health Syst Pharm 71(5):373-385, 2014. PMID: 24534592.
- Chang LC, Raty SR, Ortiz J, Bailard NS, Mathew SJ. The emerging use of ketamine for anesthesia and sedation in traumatic brain injuries. CNS Neurosci Ther 19(6):390-395, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23480625.
- Ortiz J, Suliburk JW, Wu K, Bailard NS, Mason C, Minard CG, Palvadi RR. Bilateral transversus abdominis plane block does not decrease postoperative pain after laparoscopic cholecystectomy when compared with local anesthetic infiltration of trocar insertion sites. Reg Anesth Pain Med 37(2):188-92, 2012. PMID: 22330261.
- Kim TW, Bailard N, Coveler LA. The anesthetic management of a child with chronic hypotension for renal transplantation. J Clin Anesth 18(4):297-299, 2006. PMID: 16797433.
- Bailard NS. Medication safety: Unique aspects in ASCs. In: A Manual of Practice Management for Ambulatory Surgery Centers. Springer, 2019.
Letters to the Editor
- Bailard N, Rebello E. Aprepitant and fosaprepitant decrease the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives. Br J Clin Pharmacol 84: 602-603, 2018.
- Bailard NS, Flores RA. Could Opioid sparing, rather than a direct non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug effect, be responsible for improved survival after conservative breast surgery?. Br J Anaesth 114: 527, 2015.
- Flores RA, Bailard N, Palvadi R. Methodological weaknesses of block study make analyzing results very difficult. AANA J 82: 336, 2014.
- Gil Franco F, Bailard N. Peripheral nerve stimulator response triggered by proximity to electrosurgical unit. Anesth Analg 14: 1142-1143, 2012.