Associate Professor, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Program Director ad interim, Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of Gastrointestinal (GI) Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Assistant Professor, Department of Department of Internal Medicine, Division of The UT John P. and Katherine G. McGovern Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX
|2005||Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2001||Rice University, Houston, TX, USA, BA, Economics|
|2008-2011||Clinical Fellowship, Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2005-2008||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA|
Director, Didactic Core Curriculum, Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2016 - Present
Director, Medical Oncology Fund of Knowledge Exam, MDACC Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program, Houston, TX, 2014 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Faculty Leader, Education Committee, MDACC Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program, 2019 - Present
Vice Chair, MDACC Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, 2019 - Present
Member, Executive Committee, MDACC Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program, 2016 - Present
|2018||President's Recognition for Faculty Excellence (Education and Mentorship Advancement), MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2018||Education Scholars Program, American Society of Clinical Oncology|
|2017||Leadership in Education Award, Division of Cancer Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2017||Emil J. Freireich Award for Excellence in Education, Department of Clinical Education, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2017||The Vicente Valero LBJ Clinician Educator of the Year Award, MDACC Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program|
|2015||The Vicente Valero LBJ Clinician Educator of the Year Award, MDACC Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program|
|2015||Teacher of the Year, MDACC Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program|
|2013||The Vicente Valero LBJ Clinician Educator of the Year Award, MDACC Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program|
|2013||Teacher of the Year, MDACC Hematology/Oncology Fellowship Program|
- Wo JY, Anker CJ, Ashman JB, Bhadkamkar NA, Bradfield L, Chang DT, Dorth J, Garcia-Aguilar J, Goff D, Jacqmin D, Kelly P, Newman NB, Olsen J, Raldow AC, Ruiz-Garcia E, Stitzenberg KB, Thomas CR Jr, Wu QJ, Das P. Radiation Therapy for Rectal Cancer: Executive Summary of an ASTRO Clinical Practice Guideline. Pract Radiat Oncol 11(1):13-25, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33097436.
- Singhi EK, Dupuis MM, Ross JA, Rieber AG, Bhadkamkar NA. Medical Hematology/Oncology Fellows' Perceptions of Online Medical Education During the COVID-19 Pandemic. J Cancer Educ 35(5):1034-1040, 2020. PMID: 32888144.
- Wang XS, Shi Q, Bhadkamkar NA, Cleeland CS, Garcia-Gonzalez A, Aguilar JR, Heijnen C, Eng C. Minocycline for Symptom Reduction During Oxaliplatin-Based Chemotherapy for Colorectal Cancer: A Phase II Randomized Clinical Trial. J Pain Symptom Manage 58(4):662-671, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31254639.
- Parkes A, Nusrat M, Di Tomasso PM, Davis L, Ogbonnaya S, Iwuorie M, Patel S, Abraham TG, Mack R, Bhadkamkar NA, Ma H, Nazario LA, Ramondetta L, Rosenstock A, Rieber AG. Successful Implementation of a Multidisciplinary Chemotherapy Efficiency Initiative at a Community Hospital. J Oncol Pract 15(6):JOP1800541, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30990730.
- Ramsey SD, Unger JM, Baker LH, Little RF, Loomba R, Hwang JP, Chugh R, Konerman MA, Arnold K, Menter AR, Thomas E, Michels RM, Jorgensen CW, Burton GV, Bhadkamkar NA, Hershman DL. The Prevalence of Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and HIV Infection among Newly Diagnosed Cancer Patients Treated in Academic and Community Oncology Practices: SWOG S1204. JAMA Oncol 5(4):497-505, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30653226.
- Unger JM, Hershman DL, Arnold KB, Loomba R, Chugh R, Hwang JP, O'Rourke MA, Bhadkamkar NA, Wang LX, Siegel AB, Cooley TP, Berenberg JL, Bridges BB, Ramsey SD. Stepwise Development of a Cancer Care Delivery Research Study to Evaluate the Prevalence of Virus Infections in Cancer Patients: SWOG S1204. Future Oncol 12(10):1219-31, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26952901.
- Hoffmann MS, Leslie LA, Jacobs RW, Millas S, Surabhi V, Mok H, Jhaveri P, Kott MM, Jackson L, Rieber A, Bhadkamkar NA. Reducing the time from diagnosis to treatment of patients with stage II/III rectal cancer at a large public hospital. J Oncol Pract 12(2):e257-62, 2016. PMID: 26869658.
- Garrett CR, George B, Viswanathan C, Bhadkamkar NA, Wen S, Baladandayuthapani V, You YN, Kopetz ES, Overman MJ, Kee BK, Eng C. Survival benefit associated with surgical oophorectomy in patients with colorectal cancer metastatic to the ovary. Clin Colorectal Cancer 11(3):191-4, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22280844.
- Garrett CR, Hassabo HM, Bhadkamkar NA, Wen S, Baladandayuthapani V, Kee BK, Eng C, Hassan MM. Survival advantage observed with the use of metformin in patients with type II diabetes and colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer 106(8):1374-8, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22421948.
- Mian BM, Bhadkamkar N, Slaton JW, Pisters PW, Daliani D, Swanson DA, Pisters LL. Prognostic factors and survival of patients with sarcomatoid renal cell carcinoma. J Urol 167(1):65-70, 2002. PMID: 11743277.
- Sahin IH, Kazmi SM, Yorio JT, Bhadkamkar NA, Kee BK, Garrett CR. Rare Though Not Mutually Exclusive: A Report of Three Cases of Concomitant KRAS and BRAF Mutation and a Review of the Literature. J Cancer 4(4):320-2. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23569465.
- Rieber AG, McQuade JL, Bhadkamkar NA, Lopez G, Lee RT. Commentary on "Enterolactone concentrations and prognosis after postmenopausal breast cancer: assessment of effect modification and meta-analysis". Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly 25(4):321-2, 2015.
- Yorio JT, Bhadkamkar NA, Kee BK, Garrett CR. A Primer on the Current State-of-the-Science Neoadjuvant and Adjuvant Therapy for Patients with Locally Advanced Rectal Adenocarcinomas. Int J Surg Oncol 2012:863034. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22666572.
- Jacobs R, Hoffmann MS, Leslie LA, Jackson LW, Rieber AG, Bhadkamkar NA. Reducing the time from diagnosis to treatment of patients with stage II/III rectal cancer at a large county hospital. J Clin Oncol 32(30S):141, 2014.
- Uemura M, Krishnan S, Kaseb AO, Bhadkamkar NA, Javle MM, Avritscher RA. Hepatocellular Carcinoma. In: The MD Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology. 3rd ed. McGraw-Hill, 2016.
- Bhadkamkar NA, Crane CH, Rodriguez-Bigas MA, Kopetz S, Eng C. Colorectal Cancer. In: The MD Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology. 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Bhadkamkar NA, Javle MM, Avritscher R, Krishnan S, Kaseb AO. Hepatobiliary Malignancies. In: The MD Anderson Manual of Medical Oncology. 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- Bhadkamkar NA, Khuri FR. Retinoids and rexinoids in lung cancer. In: Lung Cancer. 3rd ed. Blackwell, 2007.