Assistant Professor, Department of General Internal Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1994||Central University of Venezuela, "Luis Razetti" School of Medicine, Caracas, VEN, MD, Medicine|
|2010-2012||Clinical Safety and Effectiveness Program, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2001-2002||Clinical Fellowship, Hospice and Palliative Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH|
|1998-2001||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Categorical Internal Medicine Residency Program, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT|
|2012||American Board of Internal Medicine|
|2010||American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine|
|2001||American Board of Internal Medicine|
Project Director, Oncologic Hospitalist Fellowship Program, Department of General Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2017 - Present
Program Director, Onco-Hospitalist Fellowship Program, Section of Hospital Medicine, Department of General Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2017 - Present
Medical Director, Palliative Care Program, Dixie Regional Medical Center, St. George, UT, 2010 - 2011
Medical Director, Intermountain Home Care and Hospice, St. George, UT, 2007 - 2011
Medical Director, Zion's Way Hospice, St. George, UT, 2005 - 2006
Medical Director, Odyssey Hospice, St. George, UT, 2005 - 2006
Medical Director, Southwest Utah Community Health Center, St. George, UT, 2003 - 2006
Medical Director, Southwest Utah Public Health Department, St. George, UT, 2003 - 2006
|2015||MASCC Fatigue Study Group Outstanding Junior Investigator Research Award, MASCC|
- Gonzalez CE, Brito-Dellan N, Banala SR, Rubio D, Ait Aiss M, Rice TW, Chen K, Bodurka DC, Escalante CP. Handoff Tool Enabling Standardized Transitions Between the Emergency Department and the Hospitalist Inpatient Service at a Major Cancer Center. Am J Med Qual 33(6):629-636, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29779398.
- Khan MI, Walsh D, Brito-Dellan N. Opioid and Adjuvant Analgesics: Compared and Contrasted. Am J Hosp Palliat Care 28(5):378-83, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21622486.
- Srivastava M,Brito-Dellan N, Davis MP, Leach M, Lagman R. Olanzapine as an antiemetic in refractory nausea and vomiting in advanced cancer. J Pain Symptom Manage 25(6):578-582, 2003. PMID: 12782438.
- Deborah P. Saunders, Tanya Rouleau, Karis Cheng, Noam Yarom, Abhishek Kandwal, Jamie Joy, Kivanc Bektas, Marianne van de Wetering, Norman Brito-Dellan, Tomoko Kataoka, Karen Chiang, Vinisha Ranna, Anusha Vaddi, Joel Epstein, Rajesh V. Lalla, Paolo Bossi, Sharon Elad. Systematic review of antimicrobials, mucosal coating agents, anesthetics, and analgesics for the management of oral mucositis in cancer patients and clinical practice guidelines On behalf of the Mucositis Study Group of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer / International Society of Oral Nocology (MASCC/ISOO).
- Gonzalez CD, Brito-Dellan N, Banala SR, Rubio D, Ait Aiss M, Rice TW, Chen K, Bodurka DC, Escalante CP. Modified Tool Enabling Standard Transitions of Care Between the Emergency Department and the Hospitalist Inpatient Service at a Major Cancer Center. Division of Internal Medicine 2017 Research Retreat, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 2017.
- N Brito-Dellan. Toxicities of the Ani-PD-1 Immune Checkpoint Antibody Nivolumab in the Acute Inpatient Setting. 2016 Palliative Care in Oncology Symposium, San Francisco, CA, 2016.
- Diane C. Bodurka, Mohamed Ait Aiss, Helene P. Phy, Laeisha R. Day, Varkey Abraham, Karen Chen, Mejia Rodrigo, Shela Razvi, Carmen E. Gonzalez, Norman Brito-Dellan, Srinivas Banala, David Rubio, Nicole Vaughan-Adams, Debra S. Ruiz, Tan Jens, Charles F. Levenback, Michael M. Frumovitz, Behrouz Zand,Carmelita P. Escalante. Improving Transitions of Care Through Implementation of a Standardized Handoff at a Comprehensive Cancer Center. J Clin Oncol 34, 2016 (suppl 7S; abstr 242) 2016 ASCO Quality Care Symposium Meeting, 2016.
- N Brito-Dellan. Utilizing Electronic Technologies to Measure Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) Assessment Completion Time. 2016 Pallaiative Care in Oncology Symposium, San Francisco, CA, 2016.
- Brito-Dellan N. Adjuvant Analgesics in the Acute Inpatient Setting, 2013.
- George M; Hollenberg C; Terrell J;Brito-Dellan N, Brown K; DiMonda D; Halm J; Palla S; Lavis V; Yang A. Standardizing Insulin Mangement in the Hospitalized Cancer Patient, 2012.