About Dr. Weaver
Dr. Olena Weaver is a board certified diagnostic radiologist with fellowship training in Breast and Women's Imaging. She has a background in general and breast surgery and has experience in both academic and private practice settings. She joined MD Anderson Cancer Center in 2014 with the goal of providing the highest quality clinical service to patients, as well as pursuing research aimed at improving patient outcomes and developing effective healthcare policies.
Assistant Professor, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
High-risk breast pathology
Breast cancer in elderly population
Screening and diagnostic breast imaging, all modalities
Minimally invasive breast interventions
Multidisciplinary approach to breast cancer diagnosis and treatment
|1999||Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev, UKR, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|2011-2012||Clinical Fellowship, Breast and Women's Imaging, Magee-Women's Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA|
|2007-2011||Clinical Residency, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO|
|2005-2006||Clinical Residency, Preliminary Surgery, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO|
|1999-2001||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, Kiev Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Kiev|
|2011||American Board of Radiology|
Director of Bone Densitometry, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center/Memorial Hermann Breast Screening Network, Houston, TX, 2016 - Present
Physician Leader, DXA program, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center/Memorial Hermann Breast Screening Network, Houston, TX, 2014 - 2016
General Radiology, Sun City Imaging, N/A, 2012 - 2014
Surgeon, Kiev Municipal Oncological Hospital, N/A, 2001 - 2001
|2010||Resident-delegate, Missouri Radiological Society to the ACR Annual Meeting and Chapter Leadership Conference|
|2009||Ultrasound Resident Grant, Toshiba and The Society of Radiology|
- Natesan R, Santiago L, Kalambo M, Martaindale S, Legha R, Weaver O , Batsell R, Wei W, Leung JW, Yang WT. The impact of patient demographics on the section of breast imaging centers. American Journal of Roentgenology 209:3:W184-W193, 2017.
- Li X, Weaver O , Desouki MM, Dabbs D, Shyum S, Carter G, Zhao C. Microcalcification is an important factor in the management of breast intraductal papillomas diagnosed on core biopsy. Am J Clin Pathol 138(6):789-795, 2012. PMID: 23161711.
- Weaver OO, Stazzone MM, Bhalla S. Progressive pulmonary calcification in a child after orthotopic liver transplantation. Pediatr Radiol 36(6)(6):546-51, 2006. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 16568296.
- Zotov S, Byelik O, Cheshuk VE. Benign breast diseases and breast cancer (Russian). Kiev:93, 2002.
- Iaremchuk OI, Zotov OS, Byelik OO, Mil’hram SS. Complications of acute lesions in the digestive tract as a direct cause of mortality in patients with advanced forms of neoplasms in palliative and symptomatic treatment. (Ukrainian), Klin. Khir (9):36-8, 2001.
- Yaremchuk AY, Zotov AS,Weaver O,Drozdov VM, Gotlieb VA. Comparative assessment of different methods of examination for diagnosis of palpable breast lumps. Materials of 10th international conference of oncologists, 2001.
- Weaver O , Leung JW. Biomarkers and imaging of breast cancer. American Journal of Roentgenology 210(2):271-278, 2018. e-Pub 2017.
- Shin K, Weaver O, Caudle A, Kuerer H, Wei W, Yang, WT. Sonographic features of benign and malignant axillary nodes post neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Radiological Society of North American, Chicago, IL, Abstract, 2015.
- Weaver O, Muzaffar R, Altinyay ME, Perman WH, Doherty CM, Snell S. Incidental breast lesion in FDG PET/CT: Correlation with pathology and anatomical breast imaging. Radiological Society of North America, 2011.