About Dr. Weaver
Dr. Olena Weaver is a board certified diagnostic radiologist with fellowship training in Breast and Women's Imaging. She has a background in general and breast surgery and has experience in both academic and private practice settings. She joined MD Anderson Cancer Center in 2014 with the goal of providing the highest quality clinical service to patients, as well as pursuing research aimed at improving patient outcomes and developing effective healthcare policies.
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
High-risk breast pathology
Breast cancer in elderly population
Screening and diagnostic breast imaging, all modalities
Minimally invasive breast interventions
Multidisciplinary approach to breast cancer diagnosis and treatment
|1999||Bogomolets National Medical University, Kiev, UKR, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|2011-2012||Clinical Fellowship, Breast and Women's Imaging, Magee-Women's Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA|
|2007-2011||Clinical Residency, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO|
|2005-2006||Clinical Residency, Preliminary Surgery, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, MO|
|1999-2001||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, Kiev Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Kiev|
|2011||American Board of Radiology|
Director of Bone Densitometry, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center/Memorial Hermann Breast Screening Network, Houston, TX, 2016 - 2020
Physician Leader, DXA Program, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center/Memorial Hermann Breast Screening Network, Houston, TX, 2014 - 2016
General Radiology, Sun City Imaging, Unknown, 2012 - 2014
Surgeon, Kiev Municipal Oncological Hospital, Unknown, 2001 - 2001
|2010||Resident-delegate, Missouri Radiological Society to the American College of Radiology Annual Meeting and Chapter Leadership Conference|
|2009||Ultrasound Resident Grant, Toshiba and The Society of Radiology|
- Natesan R, Santiago L, Kalambo M, Martaindale S, Legha R, Weaver O, Batsell R, Wei W, Leung JW, Yang WT. The impact of patient demographics on the section of breast imaging centers. Am J Roentgenology 209:3:W184-W193, 2017.
- Li X, Weaver O, Desouki MM, Dabbs D, Shyum S, Carter G, Zhao C. Microcalcification is an important factor in the management of breast intraductal papillomas diagnosed on core biopsy. Am J Clin Pathol 138(6):789-795, 2012. PMID: 23161711.
- Weaver O, Stazzone MM, Bhalla S. Progressive pulmonary calcification in a child after orthotopic liver transplantation. Pediatr Radiol 36(6)(6):546-51, 2006. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 16568296.
- Yaremchuk AY, Zotov AS, Weaver O, Drozdov VM, Gotlieb VA. Comparative assessment of different methods of examination for diagnosis of palpable breast lumps. Materials of 10th international conference of oncologists, 2001.
- Weaver O, Arribas E, Adrada B, Moseley TW, Scoggins ME. The feasibility of a new built-in specimen radiography solution for the optimization of stereotactic breast biopsy workflow. 107th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting Program, 2021.
- Weaver O, Cohen E, Perry R, Tso HH, Phalak K, Srinivasan A, Bassett R, Leung WT. Does lateral arm technique decrease the rate of clip migration in stereotactic and tomosynthesis-guided biopsies?. 107th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting Program, 2021.
- Shin K, Weaver O, Caudle A, Kuerer H, Wei W, Yang, WT. Sonographic features of benign and malignant axillary nodes post neoadjuvant chemotherapy. 101st Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting Program, 2015.
- Weaver O, Muzaffar R, Altinyay ME, Perman WH, Doherty CM, Snell S. Incidental breast lesion in FDG PET/CT: correlation with pathology and anatomical breast imaging. 87th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting Program, 2011.