Paige L. Nitsch, M.S., D.A.B.R.
Department of Radiation Physics, Division of Radiation Oncology - Clinical
Present Title & Affiliation
Senior Medical Physicist, Department of Radiation Physics, Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2007||University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Houston, TX, USA, MS, Medical Physics|
|2005||Texas A & M University, College Station, TX, USA, BS, Radiological Health Engineering|
|2011||American Board of Radiology|
Experience & Service
Associate Member, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Houston, TX, 2016 - Present
Medical Physicist, Department of Radiation Physics, Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2014 - 2015
Director of Safety, Department of Radiation Physics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - 2019
Academic Medical Physicist, Houston Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2014
Junior Medical Physicist, Brigham & Women's Hospital - Dana Farber Cancer Center, Boston, MA, 2007 - 2009
Institutional Committee Activities
Co-Chair, Quality & Safety Committee for Division of Radiation Oncology, 2020 - 2022
Member, Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement for Division of Radiation Oncology, 2019 - Present
Honors & Awards
|2010||JACMP Best Paper Award|
|2007||GSBS Student Travel Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2005||Robert J. Shalek Fellowship|
- Cardenas CE, Nitsch PL, Kudchadker RJ, Howell RM, Kry SF. Out-of-field doses and neutron dose equivalents for electron beams from modern Varian and Elekta linear accelerators. J Appl Clin Med Phys 17(4):6216, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27455499.
- Akhtari M, Nitsch PL, Bass BL, Teh BS. Long-term outcome of accelerated partial breast irradiation using a multilumen balloon applicator in a patient with existing breast implants. Brachytherapy 14(2):289-292, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25443529.
- Abboud M, Nitsch P, Weidman-Johnson M, Schwartz M, Desai S, Lim S, Miltenburg D, Bass B, Teh B. Patients with bilateral breast ductal carcinoma in situ treated with accelerated partial breast irradiation-initial experience. J Radiat Onocl 3(3):293-298, 2014.
- Abboud M, Nitsch P, Paullino A, Blanco A, Bass BL, Shadle KM, Teh BS. Clinical outcomes of patients with tumor bed-to-skin distance (TBS),= 7 mm treated with accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) using multilumen catheter. Journal of Clinical Oncology 30(27), 2012.
- Wolfsberger LD, Wagar M, Nitsch P, Bhagwat MS, Zygmanski P. Angular dose dependence of Matrixx TM and its calibration. J Appl Clin Med Phys 11(1):3057, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20160692.
- Nitsch P, Li Y, Netherton T, Balter P, Gao S, Muruganandham N, Shaitelman S, Frank S, Hahn S, Klopp A, Court L. Radiotherapy treatments using a prototype MCL design, ESTRO 2017 Vienna, Austria. Radiother Oncol 123(1):S835, 2017.
- Balter P, Netherton T, Le Y, Nitsch P, Gao S, Muruganandham N, Shaitelman S, Frank S, Hanh S, Klopp A, Court L. Dose considerations of IGRT using MV projection and MV CBCT on a prototype linear accelerator, ESTRO 2017 Vienna, Austria. Radiother Oncol 123(1):S505, 2017.
- Juneja B, Gao S, Balter P and Nitsch P. Evaluation of the Role of Varian Machine Performance Check (MPC) in Our Daily QA Routine, AAPM 2016 Washington, DC. Med Phys 43(6):3573, 2016. PMID: 28046488.
- Pollard J, Prajapati S, Gao S, Nitsch P, Sadagopan R, Wang X and Balter P. Is the Reproducibility with Respect to Bone of Tumor Position at Simulation for Breath Hold CT Scans Correlated to the Reproducibility for Multiple Breath Hold CBCTs at Treatment in SBRT Thoracic Patients?, AAPM 2016 Washington, DC. Med Phys 43(6):3673, 2016. PMID: 28046884.
- Cardenas C, Nitsch P, Kudchadker R, Howell R, Kry S. Characterization of Electron Beam Out-Of-Field Doses and Neutron Contamination from Modern Varian and Elekta Linear Accelerators, AAPM 2016 Washington, DC. Med Phys 43(6):3849-3850, 2016. PMID: 28047224.
- Nitsch P, Robertson D, Balter P. A Comparison of a 2.5 MV Imaging Beam to KV and 6MV Imaging Beams, AAPM 2015 Anaheim, California. Med Phys 42:3266, 2015.
- Lewis D, Wang X, Gao S, Nitsch P, Pollard J, Sadagopan R, Balter P. A Dosimetric Comparison of Two Treatment Setups for Lung Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT) Patients, AAPM 2015 Anaheim, California. Med Phys 42:3336, 2015.
- Cardenas C, Nitsch P, Kudchadker R, Howell R and Kry S. An Evaluation of Out-Of-Field Doses for Electron Beams From Modern Varian and Elekta Linear Accelerators, AAPM 2015. Med Phys 42:3637, 2015.
- Han Z, Nitsch P, Lyatskaya Y, Makrigiorgos M, Marcus K, Zymanski P. Assessing the Accuracy of Treatment Planning System Calculated Out-of-Target Doses in IMRT and VMAT Plans through 2D Measurements, AAPM 2011 Vancouver, Canada. Med Phys 38:3589, 2011.
- Abboud M, Nitsch P, Paulino A, Blanco A, Bass B, Shadle K, Teh B. Clinical outcomes of patients with tumor bed-to-skin distance (TBS) < 7 mm treated with accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) using multilumen catheter. J Clin Oncol 30(27):182, 2010.
- Pino R, Jones J, Nitsch P, Teh B. Contura Balloon Rotations and its impact on Patient Dosimetry for APBI, AAPM 2010 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Med Phys 37:3329, 2010.
- Han Z, Nitsch P, Lyatskaya Y, Zygmanski P. Comparison of RapidArc and IMRT Peripheral Doses for Pediatric Patients Based on Measure and TPS Doses, AAPM 2010 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Med Phys 37:3235, 2010.
- Nitsch P, Zygmanski P, Marcus K. Comparison of RapidArc and IMRT for Pediatric Patients, AAPM 2009 Anaheim, California. Med Phys 36:2677, 2009.
- Wagar M, Wolfsberger L, Nitsch P, Bhagwat M, Zygmanski P. Correction of Angular Dependence of the MatriXX Evolution Ionization Chamber Array, AAPM 2009 Anaheim, California. Med Phys 36:2604, 2009.
- Nitsch P, Ibbott G, Dieterich S and Followill D. Assessment of CyberKnife's Heterogeneity Dose Calculation Algorithm and Respiratory Tracking System Using A Anthropomorphic Thorax Phantom, AAPM 2007 Minneapolis, Minnesota. Med Phys 34:2641, 2007.
Grant & Contract Support
|Title:||Pre-Clinical Product Evaluation Project for RM1|