Assistant Professor, Division of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2008||Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Lubbock and El Paso, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2004||University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, BS, Human Biology|
|2004||University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, BS, Psychology|
|2011-2014||Clinical Fellowship, Hematology / Oncology, Columbia University - New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY|
|2008-2011||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2013||ASCO Young Investigator Award|
|2002||College Scholar Award|
|2000||Jesse H. Jones Scholarship|
|2000||George McCorp Scholarship|
- Crew KD, Xiao T, Thomas P, Terry MB, Maurer M, Kalinsky K, Feldman S, Brafman L, Refice SR, Hershman DL. Safety, Feasibility, and Biomarker Effects of High-Dose Vitamin D Supplementation Among Women at High Risk for Breast Cancer. International Journal of Food Science, Nutrition and Dietetics (IJFS) ISSN 2326-3350, 2015.
- Kukafka R, Yi H, Xiao T, Thomas P, Aguirre A, Smalletz C, David R, Crew K.. Why breast cancer risk by the numbers is not enough: Evaluation of a decision aid in multi-ethnic low-numerate women. J Med Internet Res 17(7):e165, 2015.
- Reimers LL, Sivasubramanian PS, Hershman DL, Terry MB, Greenlee H, Campbell J, Kalinsky K, Maurer M, Jayasena R, Sandoval R, Alvarez M, Crew KD. Breast cancer chemoprevention among high-risk women and those with ductal carcinoma in situ. Breast Journal, 2015.
- Sivasubramanian PS, Crew KD. Biomarker endpoints for early-phase cancer prevention studies. Curr Breast Cancer Rep 5:194-201, 2013.
- M Brewster A, Thomas P, Brown P, Coyne R, Yan Y, Checka C, Middleton L, Do KA, Bevers T. A System-Level Approach to Improve the Uptake of Antiestrogen Preventive Therapy among Women with Atypical Hyperplasia and Lobular Cancer In Situ. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29618460.
- Thomas PS, Klimitchek A, Nelson B, Garvin M, Feng L, Damani S, Bevers T. A Patient Centered Intervention for Adaptation of Cancer Risk Reduction Guidelines in Breast Cancer Survivors. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2016.
- Thomas PS, Guo X, Xiao T, Namburi S, Ha R, Zhao B, Terry MB, Hershman DL, Refice S, Crew KD. Changes in breast density with mammography and breast MRI among high-risk postmenopausal women. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2014.
- Yi H, Xiao T, Sivasubramanian PS, Aguire AN, Smalletz C, Crew KD, Kukafka R. Evaluation of an early prototype of a patient-centered decision aid to improve accuracy of breast cancer risk perception. American Medical Informatics Association Annual Meeting, 2014.
- Sivasubramanian PS, Crew KD, Kalinsky K, Hershman DL, Maurer MA, Greenlee H, Reimers LL, Terry MB. Correlation between risk benefit index and uptake of breast cancer chemoprevention. American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, Chicago, Il, 2014.
- Sivasubramanian P, Xiao T, Hershman DL, Maurer M, Kalinsky K, Feldman S, Brafman L, Refice S, Kranwinkel G, Crew KD. Effects of vitamin D supplemantation on breast imaging and blood-based biomarkers of breast cancer risk. AACR Frontiers in Cancer Prevention, National Harbour, MD, 2013.
- Crew KD, Sivasubramanian P, Aguirre A, Smalletz C, Ngan MC, Xiao T, Kukafka R. Identifying women at high-risk for breast cancer in the primary care setting. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, Tx, 2013.
- Xiao T, Crew KD, Sivasubramanian P, Aguirre AN, Smalletz C, Kukafka R. Development of a patient-centered decision aid to improve accuracy of breast cancer risk perception. AACR Frontiers in Cancer Prevention, National Harbor, MD, 2013.
- Sivasubramanian P, Reimers L, Campbell J, Greenlee H, Terry MB, Hershman D, Maurer M, Kalinsky K, Awad D, Xiao T, Sandoval R, Alvarez M, quirarte A, Crew KD. Uptake of breast cancer chemoprevention among high-risk women and those with ductal carcinoma in situ. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, Tx, 2013.
- Sivasubramanian P, Aguirre A, Smalletz C, Ngan MC, Xiao T, Kukafka R. Pilot study of a 1-year intervention of high-dose vitamin D in women at high risk for breast cancer. Poster Presentation at San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2012.
|Title:||Microrna Expression in Benign Breast tissue as a Biomarker of Breast Cancer Risk|
|Funding Source:||American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)|