Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2008||Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Lubbock and El Paso, TX, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2004||University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, BS, Human Biology|
|2004||University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, BS, Psychology|
|2011-2014||Clinical Fellowship, Hematology / Oncology, Columbia University - New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY|
|2008-2011||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2017||Excellence in Research Award Faculty Finalist|
|2015||AACR/ASCO Methods in Clinical Cancer Research Workshop Award|
|2013||ASCO Young Investigator Award|
|2002||College Scholar Award|
|2000||Jesse H. Jones Scholarship|
|2000||George McCorp Scholarship|
- Thomas PS, Class CA, Gandhi TR, Bambhroliya A, Do KA, Brewster AM. Demographic, clinical, and geographical factors associated with lack of receipt of physician recommended chemotherapy in women with breast cancer in Texas. Cancer Causes Control 30(4):409-415, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30868330.
- Coletta AM, Marquez G, Thomas P, Thoman W, Bevers T, Brewster AM, Hawk E, Basen-Engquist K, Gilchrist SC. Clinical factors associated with adherence to aerobic and resistance physical activity guidelines among cancer prevention patients and survivors. PLoS One 14(8):e0220814, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31369653.
- Brewster AM, Thomas P, Brown P, Coyne R, Yan Y, Checka C, Middleton L, Do KA, Bevers T. A System-Level Approach to Improve the Uptake of Antiestrogen Preventive Therapy among Women with Atypical Hyperplasia and Lobular Cancer In Situ. Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 11(5):295-302, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29618460.
- Bojadzieva J, Amini B, Day SF, Jackson TL, Thomas PS, Willis BJ, Throckmorton WR, Daw NC, Bevers TB, Strong LC. Whole body magnetic resonance imaging (WB-MRI) and brain MRI baseline surveillance in TP53 germline mutation carriers: experience from the Li-Fraumeni Syndrome Education and Early Detection (LEAD) clinic. Fam Cancer 17(2):287-294, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28988289.
- Reimers LL, Sivasubramanian PS, Hershman D, Terry MB, Greenlee H, Campbell J, Kalinsky K, Maurer M, Jayasena R, Sandoval R, Alvarez M, Crew KD. Breast cancer chemoprevention among high-risk women and those with ductal carcinoma in situ. Breast J 21(4):377-86, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25879521.
- Kukafka R, Yi H, Xiao T, Thomas P, Aguirre A, Smalletz C, David R, Crew K. Why breast cancer risk by the numbers is not enough: Evaluation of a decision aid in multi-ethnic low-numerate women. J Med Internet Res 17(7):e165, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26175193.
- Crew KD, Xiao T, Thomas PS, Terry MB, Maurer M, Kalinsky K, Feldman S, Brafman L, Refice SR, Hershman DL. Safety, Feasibility, and Biomarker Effects of High-Dose Vitamin D Supplementation Among Women at High Risk for Breast Cancer. Int J Food Sci Nutr Diet 2015(Suppl 1):1-16, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 28480224.
- Yi H, Xiao T, Thomas PS, Aguirre AN, Smalletz C, Dimond J, Finkelstein J, Infante K, Trivedi M, David R, Vargas J, Crew KD, Kukafka R. Barriers and Facilitators to Patient-Provider Communication When Discussing Breast Cancer Risk to Aid in the Development of Decision Support Tools. AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2015:1352-60, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26958276.
- Sivasubramanian PS, Crew KD. Biomarker endpoints for early-phase cancer prevention studies. Curr Breast Cancer Rep 5:194-201, 2013.
- Guerrieri-Gonzaga A, Serrano D, Thomas P, Crew KD, Kumar NB, Gandini S, Vornik LA, Lee J, Cagnacci S, Vicini E, Accornero CA, D'Amico M, Guasone F, Spinaci S, Webber TB, Brown PH, Szabo E, Heckman-Stoddard B, Bonanni B. Alternative dosing of exemestane in postmenopausal women with ER-positive breast cancer. Design and methods of a randomized presurgical trial. Contemp Clin Trials:106498. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34216815.
- Thomas PS. Diagnosis and Management of High Risk Breast Lesions. J Natl Compr Canc Netw 16(11):1391-1396, 2018. PMID: 30442737.
- Parijatham S. Thomas, MD; Therese B. Bevers, MD; Habib Rahbar, MD; Erin I. Neuschler, MD Optimizing MRI Breast Cancer Screening: A Multidisciplinary Perspective, 2015.
- Thomas PS, Brown PH. Commentary on Breast- Cancer risk in Families with Mutations in PALB2. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly 26(3):206-208, 2015.
- Thomas PS, Anisha B. Patel, Diane Liu, J. Jack Lee, Seema Khan, Miguel Muzzio, Alejandro Contreras, Lana Vornik, Eileen P. Dimond, Marjorie Perloff, Brandy Heckman-Stoddard and Powel H. Brown.. Interim analysis of a phase I dose escalation study of topical bexarotene in women at high risk for breast cancer. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2020.
- Guerrieri-Gonzaga A, Thomas P, DeCensi A, Crew KD, Kumar N, Gandini S, Vornik L, Heckman-Stoddard B, Szabo E, Dimond E, Lee J, Liu D, Lazzeroni M, Cagnacci S, Serrano D, D'Amico M, Guasone F, Buttiron Webber T, Brown P, Bonanni B. Alternative dosing of exemestane before surgery in postmenopausal patients with stage 0-II estrogen receptor positive breast cancer: design and methodology. Poster Presentation at San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2019.
- Thomas P, Contreras A, Pruthi S, Jakub J, Krontiras H, Rimawi M, Garber J, Wang T, Hilsenbeck S, Vornik L, Gilmer T, Friedman R, Osbourne K, Heckman-Stoddard B, Dunn B, Kuerer H, Brown P. Effect of low dose lapatinib on breast tissue biomarkers in women with HER2+ or EGFR+ ductal carcinoma in situ. Poster Discussion at San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2018.
- Thomas P, Contreras A, Patel A, Vornik L, Liu D, Lee J, Sepeda V, Mays C, Weber D, Khan S, Dimond E, Perloff M, Heckman-Stoddard B, Brown P. A Phase I Dose Escalation Study of Topical Bexarotene in Women at High Risk for Breast Cancer. Poster Presentation at San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2018.
- Heckman-Stoddard B, Perloff M, Dimond E, Thomas P, Arun B, Brown P, Khan S, Ford L. Development of Topical Breast Cancer Prevention Agents in the National Cancer Institute Division of Cancer Prevention Early Phase Clinical Trials Consortia Program. Milan Breast Cancer Conference, 2017.
- Thomas PS, Klimitchek A, Nelson B, Garvin M, Feng L, Damani S, Bevers T. A Patient Centered Intervention for Adaptation of Cancer Risk Reduction Guidelines in Breast Cancer Survivors. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2016.
- Coletta AM, Marquez G, Thomas P, Thoman W, Austin A, Bevers T, Brewster A, Hawk E, Basen-Engquist K, Lakoski SG. Adherence to Physical Activity Guidelines in a Cancer Prevention and Control Setting: The Impact of Body Mass Index, 2016.
- Thomas PS, Guo X, Xiao T, Namburi S, Ha R, Zhao B, Terry MB, Hershman DL, Refice S, Crew KD. Changes in breast density with mammography and breast MRI among high-risk postmenopausal women. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2014.
- Yi H, Xiao T, Sivasubramanian PS, Aguire AN, Smalletz C, Crew KD, Kukafka R. Evaluation of an early prototype of a patient-centered decision aid to improve accuracy of breast cancer risk perception. American Medical Informatics Association Annual Meeting, 2014.
- Sivasubramanian PS, Crew KD, Kalinsky K, Hershman DL, Maurer MA, Greenlee H, Reimers LL, Terry MB. Correlation between risk benefit index and uptake of breast cancer chemoprevention. American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, Chicago, Il, 2014.
- Xiao T, Crew KD, Sivasubramanian P, Aguirre AN, Smalletz C, Kukafka R. Development of a patient-centered decision aid to improve accuracy of breast cancer risk perception. AACR Frontiers in Cancer Prevention, National Harbor, MD, 2013.
- Sivasubramanian P, Xiao T, Hershman DL, Maurer M, Kalinsky K, Feldman S, Brafman L, Refice S, Kranwinkel G, Crew KD. Effects of vitamin D supplemantation on breast imaging and blood-based biomarkers of breast cancer risk. AACR Frontiers in Cancer Prevention, National Harbour, MD, 2013.
- Crew KD, Sivasubramanian P, Aguirre A, Smalletz C, Ngan MC, Xiao T, Kukafka R. Identifying women at high-risk for breast cancer in the primary care setting. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, Tx, 2013.
- Sivasubramanian P, Reimers L, Campbell J, Greenlee H, Terry MB, Hershman D, Maurer M, Kalinsky K, Awad D, Xiao T, Sandoval R, Alvarez M, quirarte A, Crew KD. Uptake of breast cancer chemoprevention among high-risk women and those with ductal carcinoma in situ. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, San Antonio, Tx, 2013.
- Sivasubramanian P, Aguirre A, Smalletz C, Ngan MC, Xiao T, Kukafka R. Pilot study of a 1-year intervention of high-dose vitamin D in women at high risk for breast cancer. Poster Presentation at San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, 2012.
- Thomas PS, Bevers, TB. Breast History and Clinical Evaluation. In: A Practical Guide to Managing Breast Cancer for Low-Middle Income Countries. National Comprehensive Cancer Network, 2019.
- Bevers T, Thomas PS. In: Chapter 80 – Clinical Management of the Patient at Increased or High Risk. The Breast (Fifth Edition), Pages 1004–1010.e2, 2017.
|Title:||Microrna Expression in Benign Breast tissue as a Biomarker of Breast Cancer Risk|
|Funding Source:||American Society of Clinical Oncology (YIA)|
|Title:||A Patient Centered Intervention for Adaptation of Cancer Risk Reduction Guidelines in Breast Cancer Survivors|
|Title:||A Phase I Dose Escalation Study of Topical Bexarotene in Women at High Risk for Breast Cancer|
|Funding Source:||National Cancer Institute (NCI)|
|Title:||Multicenter Trial of Decision Support for Breast Cancer Chemoprevention|
|Title:||Preventing Breast Cancer in Women with Precancerous Breast Lesions: Implementing a Program Improvement Project to Maximize Breast Cancer Preventive Therapy|
|Funding Source:||Moonshot Grant, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|Title:||A Randomized Phase II Window-of Opportunity Trial of Ruxolitinib in Patients with High Risk and Premalignant Breast Conditions|
|Funding Source:||Incyte Corporation/Johns Hopkins University|