Patricia A. Brock, MD
Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine
Present Title & Affiliation
Associate Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2023||The University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA, MA, Health Care Transformation|
|1983||University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1975||Ball State University, Muncie, IN, USA, BSN, Nursing|
|2019-2021||Leadership, Leadership Institute, HOUSTON, TX|
|2013-2014||Heart of Leadership Training, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2012-2013||Graduate Certificate, Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Management, Rice University - Jesse H Jones Graduate School of Business, Houston, TX|
|1985-1988||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, The University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX|
|1984-1985||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, Parkland Hospital, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Dallas, TX|
|1983-1984||Clinical Internship, Surgery, Parkland Hospital, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Dallas, TX|
|1990||American Board of Surgery|
Experience & Service
Deputy Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2015 - Present
Clinical Instructor, Department of Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2004 - 2010
Clinical Instructor, Department of Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, 1990 - 1991
EC Transformation project-Co Sponsor, The University of Texas MD Anderson, Houston, TX, 2020 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Department of Internal Medicine Grand Rounds, 2010 - Present
- Marcelo Sandoval MD a, Adriana H. Wechsler MD a, Zahra Alhajji MD a, Jayne Viets-Upchurch MD a, Patricia Brock MD a, Demis N. Lipe MD b, Aisha Al-breiki MD c, Sai-Ching J. Yeung MD a. Evaluation and management of acute high-grade immunotherapy-related neurotoxicity. Elsevier 9(3), 2023. e-Pub 2023.
- Sai‐Ching Jim Yeung MD, PhD, Aiham Qdaisat MD, Patrick Chaftari MD, Demis Lipe MD, Jeffrey Merlin MD, Eva Rajha MD, Adriana Wechsler MD, Marcelo Sandoval MD, Jayne Viets MD, Aisha Al‐Breiki MD, Mohsin Shah MD, Ramesh Pandey MD, Mona Kamal MD, PhD, Osama Khattab MD, Katy Toale PharmD, Monica Wattana MD, Ahmed Elsayem MD, Susan Gaeta MD, Patricia Brock MD, Cielito Reyes‐Gibby DrPH, Kumar Alagappan MD. Diagnosis and management of immune‐related adverse effects of immune checkpoint therapy in the emergency department. JACEP Open 1(6):1637-1659, 2020.
- Viets-UpChurch J, Silvestre J, Rice TW, Brock Patricia, Todd K. Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression: A Review. Emergency Medicine 46(1), 2014.
- Hoxhaj S, Davila JA, Modi P, Kachalia N, Malone K, Ruggerio MC, Miertschin N, Brock P, Fisher A, Mitts B, Giordano TP. Using Nonrapid HIV technology for routine, opt-out HIV screening in a high-volume urban emergency department. Ann Emerg Med 58(1 Suppl 1):S79-84, 2011. PMID: 21684414.
- Jordan PH, Brock PA, Pikoulis E. Glucagon facilitates end-to-end pancreaticojejunostomy. J Am Coll Surg 184(4):401-2, 1997. PMID: 9100688.
- Brock PA, Jordan PH, Barth MH, Rose AG. Portal vein aneurysm: a rare but important vascular condition. Surgery 121(1):105-8, 1997. PMID: 9001559.
- Bland KI, Kuhns JG, Buchanan JB, Dwyer PA, Heuser LF, O'Connor CA, Gray LA, Polk HC. A clinicopathologic correlation of mammographic parenchymal patterns and associated risk factors for human mammary carcinoma. Ann Surg 195(5):582-94, 1982. PMID: 7073355.
- Hall AJ, Brock PA, Merriman KW, Page VD, Reyes-Gibby CC, Elsayem AF. Altered mental status and the role of neuroimaging in the emergency center of a comprehensive cancer center. European Delirium Conference, 2013.
Grant & Contract Support
|Title:||HIV Testing at MD Anderson’s Emergency Center and Medical Oncology Program at LBJ; implementation of routine testing for HIV at MD Anderson’s Emergency Center and Medical Oncology Program at LBJ|
|Funding Source:||Gilead Sciences Inc|
|Title:||Safe and appropriate disposition of patients from the Emergency Department who require a short hospital stay|
|Funding Source:||Division of Internal Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center|