Meet Paul Graham, M.D.
About Dr. Graham
Dr. Graham graduated from The University of Texas Medical School at Houston and completed his General Surgery residency at The University of Alabama at Birmingham. He then completed an Endocrine Surgery fellowship at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston. Dr. Graham is board certified by the American Board of Surgery. He is a member of the American College of Surgeons and the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons. Dr. Graham holds an academic appointment as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgical Oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center. His interests include the management of both benign and malignant thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, and neuroendocrine diseases as well as the use of minimally-invasive techniques in the surgical management of endocrine disorders. Additional Languages spoken: Spanish.
Associate Professor, Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2007||University of Texas Medical School of Houston, Houston, TX, USA, MD, Medical|
|2002||Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA, BS, Biology|
|2012-2013||Surgery Fellowship, Endocrine Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA|
|2008-2012||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL|
|2007-2008||Clinical Internship, General Surgery, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL|
|2013||American Board of Surgery|
- Silva AM, Hess K, William MD, Clark CN, Christakis I, Graham PH, Grubbs EG, Lee JE, Busaidy NL, Perrier ND. A Prognostic Scoring System to Risk Stratify Parathyroid Carcinoma. J Am Coll Surg 224(5):980-987, 2017. PMID: 28427885.
- Long KL, Etzel C, Rich T, Hyde S, Perrier ND, Graham PH, Lee JE, Hu MI, Cote GJ, Gagel R, Grubbs EG. All in the family? Analyzing the impact of family history in addition to genotype on medullary thyroid carcinoma aggressiveness in MEN2A patients. Fam Cancer 16(2):283-289, 2017. PMID: 27864651.
- Voss RK, Feng L, Lee JE, Perrier ND, Graham PH, Hyde SM, Nieves-Munoz FL, Cabanillas Me, Cote G, Gagel RF, Grubbs EG. Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma in MEN2A: ATA Moderate or High-Risk RET Mutations Do Not Predict Disease Aggressiveness. JCEM, 2017. PMID: 28609830.
- Sullivan M. Graham PH, Alexander EK, Ruan DT, Nehs MA, Gawande AA, Moore FD Jr, Howitt BE, STrickland KC, Krane JF, Barletta JA, Cho NL. A Prognostic Scoring System to Risk Stratify Parathyroid Carcinoma. J Am Coll Surg, 2016. PMID: 28017809.
- Christakis IA, Potylchansky E, Silva AM, Nates JP, Prieto PA, Graham PH, Grubbs EG, Lee JE, Perrier ND. Cervical hematoma following an endocrine surgical procedure: The MD Anderson experience. Surgery 160(2):377-83, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27063343.
- Long KL, Graham PH, Grubbs EG, Lee JE and Perrier ND. Intraoperative use of Indocyanine Green to Confirm Perfusion of Remnant Tissue in Cortical-Sparing Retroperitoneocopic Adrenalectomy. Clin Surg 1:1111, 2016.
- Morris LF, Romero Arenas MA, Cerny J, Berger JS, Borror CM, Ong M, Cayo AK, Graham PH, Grubbs EG, Lee JE, Perrier ND,. Streamlining variability in hospital charges for standard thyroidectomy: Developing a strategy to decrease waste. Surgery, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25456929.
- Starker LF, Prieto PA, Liles JS, Tran Cao HS, Grubbs EG, Lee JE, Perrier ND, Graham PH. In Brief. Endocrine incidentalomas. Curr Probl Surg 53(5):212-217, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27325541.
- Starker LF, Prieto PA, Liles, JS, Tran Cao HS, Grubbs EG, Lee JE, Perrier ND, Graham PH. Endocrine Incidentalomas. Curr Probl Surg:219-246, 2016. PMID: 27325542.
- Shoultz T, Rosen PDS, Reddy S, Graham PH, Chen H, Wang TN. Thyroid resection for an Undiscovered Intrathyroidal Parathyroid Gland is Justified in Select Patients with Primary Hyperparathyroidism. IAES, Basel, Switzerland, 2017.
- Kutahyalioglu M, Ibrahim E, Williams MD, Dadu R, Habra MA, Hu M, Jimenez C, Waguespack S, Ying AK, Graham PH, Busaidy NL. Malignant struma overii: a case series. AACE 26th Annual Scientific and Clinical Congress Austin, 2017.
- Sullivan MC, Graham PH, Alexander EK, Ruan DT, Nehs M, Gawande AA, Moore, FD, Jr, Howitt B, Strickland KC, Krane JF, Barletta JA, Cho NL. Prevalence of Synchronous Thyroid Cancer in Patients with Follicular Variant of Papillary Thyroid Cancer. NESS 2016 Annual Meeting, 2016.
- Voss RK, Feng L, Lee JE, Perrier ND, Graham PH, Hyde SM, Nieves-Munoz FI, Cabanillas ME, Cote G, Gagel RF, Grubbs EG. Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma in MEN2A: ATA Moderate or High-Risk RET Mutations Do Not Predict Disease Aggressiveness. 86th Annual Meeting of the ATA, Denver, Colorado, 2016.
- Thuro BA, Cabanillas ME, Busaidy NL, Dudu R, Jimenez C, Graham PH, Esmaeli B. Thyroid-related Eye Disease in Cancer Patients. International Thyroid Eye Disease Society, London, 2016.
- Silva AM, Vodopivec D, Christakis I, Schwarz K, Lyons G, Long K, Waguespack S, Busaidy N, Hu M, Graham PH, Grubbs EG, Lee JE, Perrier ND. Surgical intervention for primary hyperparathyroidism offers greater bone recovery in patients with sporadic disease compared to those with multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1-related hyperparathyroidism. AAES meeting, 2016.
- Grubbs EG, Nives-Munoz F, Gagel RF, Hu MI, Feng L, Perrier ND, Lee JE, Graham PH, Cote GJ, Williams MD. Reevaluting the significance of multifocality in sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma. SSO Boston, 2016.
- Long KL, Chen H, Grubbs EG, Perrier ND, Lee JE, Graham PH. The Whole Picture: Adequacy of Lymph Node Evaluation in Pre-referral Cervical Ultrasounds Assessment. AACE 25th Annual Scientific and Clinical Congress, Orlando, 2016.
- Christakis I, Starker L, Gilbert C, Conrad C, Katz, M, Qiu W, Silva A, Fellman B, Graham PH, Grubbs E, Yao J, Lee JE, Perrier N. Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (MEN1) Patients Need Close Monitoring and Aggressive Management. 015 Neuroendocrine Tumor Symposium, North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society, 2015.
- Starker L, St. Julien J, Schwarz K, Graham PH, Grubbs E, Lee J, Perrier N.. Postoperative Functional Hypoaldosteronism: From Conn's to Addison's and the pages in between. AAES, Nashville, TN, 2015.
- Cayo AK, Rich TA, Cote G, Williams MD, Morris LF, Romero Arenas MA, Graham PH, Evans DB, Lee JE, Perrier N, Grubbs EG. Selective parafibromin immunostaining is an effective tool in evaluating young non-MEN1 patients with primary hyperparathyroidism for CDC73 mutations. Wiener klinische Wochenschrift(S149), 2014.
- Farhood A, Trotter C, Hu M, Cabanillas M, Jackson M, Rich T, Graham PH, Lee JE, Perrier ND, Grubbs EG. Accuracy of data collected in a hereditary cancer registry, the MEN2 experience. Academic Surgical Congress, 2014.
- Graham PH, et al. Is Total Thyroidectomy Appropriate Surgery for Follicular Variant of Papillary Thyroid Cancer, AAES, Chicago, IL. AAES, Chicago, IL, 2013.
- Graham PH, et al. Re-operative Parathyroid Surgery, A Single Institution Review. University of Alabama Birmingham Resident Research Day, 2011.
- Doursout M-F, Liang YY, Chelly B, Sutton A, Graham PH, Drake R. Lung Expression NF=kB in Prolonged Heart Failure in Rats. J FASEB 19(5):A1090, 2005.
- Romero Arenas MA, Lucas FA, Fowler RG, Morris RS, Rich TA, Cayo AK, Graham PH, Grubbs EG, Lee JE, Scheet PA, Zhao H, Perrier ND. Mutations revealed in whole-exome sequencing implies common tumorigenicity pathways in MEN1-related hyperparathyroidism. American Association of Endocrine Surgeons Annual Meeting. e-Pub 2014.