About Dr. Hu
Dr. Hu was a founding faculty member in the School of Health Professions (SHP) and played an important role in MD Anderson achieving degree granting status by the Texas Coordinating Board in 2002, the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools (SACS) accreditation in 2005, the addition of the junior year curriculum approval in 2008, and SACS reaffirmation in 2010 and 2021. He was also instrumental in the approval and as founding director of the Molecular Genetic Technology program by the Texas Coordinating Board in 2005, Diagnostic Genetics program in 2012, and the program’s professional accreditation by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) in 2005 and its reaffirmation in 2010 and 2018.
Dr. Hu has taught over 35 courses within the SHP and has served or is currently serving as Chair or as member on 45 institutional committees. He is on the editorial board for 9 journals and has received over 45 recognitions and awards. Professionally, he has served as the President for The Association of Clinical Scientists, President for the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, President for Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory Science, Education Director and Chair of the Genetics Educators Committee for the Association for Genetic Technologist (AGT), Chair of the Molecular Scientific Assembly, Member of the Continuing Education Approval Committee, and Awards Subcommittee Chair for the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science, a member of the Review Committee for Accredited Programs and Board of Directors for the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), and has served as a clinical laboratory science programs site visitor for 22 years. He is currently serving President Elect for AGT. Dr. Hu regularly presents at state, national, and international levels on topics including genetics research, clinical laboratory sciences, and education.
Professor, School of Health Professions, Division of Academic Affairs, Sr VP Office, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Director, Molecular Genetic Technology Program, School of Health Professions, Division of Academic Affairs, Sr VP Office, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Director, Graduate Program in Diagnostic Genetics, School of Health Professions, Division of Academic Affairs, Sr VP Office, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2008||Trident University International, Cypress, CA, USA, PHD, Healthcare Administration and Molecular Genetics|
|1995||Lamar University, Beaumont, TX, USA, MS, Microbiology|
|1991||Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA, BA, Psychology|
|2009||American Society for Clinical Pathology - Cytogenetics|
|2004||American Society for Clinical Pathology - Molecular Biology|
|1995||American Society for Clinical Pathology - Medical Laboratory Science|
Associate Professor, Department of School of Health Professions, Division of Academic Affairs, Sr VP Office, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2009 - 2017
Assistant Professor, Department of School of Health Professions, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2004 - 2009
Instructor, Department of School of Health Professions, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2002 - 2004
Education Coordinator, Department of School of Health Professions, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2000 - 2002
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, CCSG CRCE Internal Advisory Board, 2019 - Present
Member, UT Health Student Services Council, 2019 - Present
Member, Faculty Career Track Task Force, 2019 - Present
Member, Operations Priority Task Force #3, 2018 - Present
Member, Steering Committee - NCI R25 Youth Enjoy Science Research Education Program, 2018 - Present
Member, MD Anderson Cancer Center President Search Committee, 2017 - Present
Member, GAP Africa Faculty Working Group, 2016 - Present
Member, Trainee Alumni Faculty Association Futures Taskforce Committee, 2015 - Present
Ad Hoc, Education Council, 2014 - Present
Member, SHP Executive Leadership Committee, 2014 - Present
Member, Regents' Outstanding Teaching Award Nominations Advisory Committee, 2013 - Present
Member, Faculty Achievement Awards Committee, 2013 - Present
Member, SHP Dismissal Committee, 2013 - Present
Member, MD Anderson Cancer Center Presidential Search Committee, 2011 - Present
Member, MD Anderson Cancer Center School of Health Professions Dean Search Committee, 2011 - Present
Member, Academy for Health Science Education Developer Grant Application Review Committee, 2011 - 2013
Member, Faculty Senate - Education Committee, 2011 - 2013
Member, Faculty Senate - Salary Committee, 2011 - 2013
Member, QEP Advisory Committee, 2010 - Present
Member, Summer Research Program Committee, 2009 - Present
Member, UT Second Life Project Piolt Committee, 2009 - 2010
Member, Mike Hogg Award Committee, 2009 - Present
Subcommittee Chair, Member, Quality Enhancement Plan Steering Committee (QEP), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), 2008 - 2010
Member, Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Service (CLAS) Focus Group, 2008 - Present
Member, Education Role Recognitin Committee, 2007 - 2013
Chair, Member, The Alumni and Faculty Association, 2007 - Present
Judge Chair, Trainee Research Day, 2007 - 2014
Judge Chair, Member, Trainee Excellence Awards Committee, 2007 - Present
Member, MD Anderson Cancer Center Academy Of Health And Sciences Task Force Committee, 2007 - 2008
Chair, Member, Educator Of The Month/Year Award Selection Committee, 2005 - 2009
Member, Faculty Senate, 2005 - Present
Chair, Molecular Genetic Technology Program Advisory Committee, 2004 - Present
Member, Learning Management System (LMS), 2004 - 2005
Member, Enterprise Learning Solution (ELS) Steering Committee, 2004 - 2005
Chair, Molecular Genetic Technology Program Admissions Committee, 2003 - Present
Member, School of Health Professions Curriculum Committee, 2002 - Present
Chair, Subcommittee Chair, Member, Education Week Committee, 2001 - 2005
Member, National Laboratory Week, 2001 - 2002
Chair, Subcomittee Chair, Member, Education Resource Committee, 2000 - 2013
Member, Cytogenetic Technology Program Admissions Committee, 2000 - 2006
Co-Chair, Member, Cytogenetic Technology Advisory Committee, 2000 - Present
Member, Cytogenetic Technology Program Curriculum Committee, 2000 - 2006
Member, Clinical Laboratory Science Program Admissions Committee, 2000 - 2006
Member, Clinical Laboratory Science Program Advisory Committee, 2000 - 2006
Member, Clinical Laboratory Science Program Curriculum Committee, 2000 - 2006
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana, 2017 - Present
Black Lion Hospital, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2016 - Present
Gondar University, Gondar, Ethiopia, 2016 - 2017
Team Lead, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar, 2015 - 2013
Qatar University, Doha, Qatar, 2012 - 2013
Clinical Laboratory Science Institute, On-line, 2011 - 2012
Clinical Laboratory Science Institute, On-Line, 2011 - 2012
Team Lead, Country of Cuba, Havana, Cuba, 2006 - 2012
Team Lead, Mayo Clinic Cytogenetics Training Program, Rochester, MN, 2006 - 2007
|2019||University of Texas Kenneth I. Shine Academy of Health Science Education|
|2019||MD Anderson Distinguished Educator|
|2018||Clinical Scientists of the Year, Association of Clinical Scientists|
|2016||UrEssential Award, CardinalHealth|
|2013||ASCLS Bio-Rad Achievement Award, American Society for clinical Laboratory Science|
|2012||The University of Texas System Regent's Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award, University of Texas Board of Regents|
|2012||Regional Member Award, American Society for Clinical Pathology|
|2011||Young Clinical Scientists Of The Year Award, Association of Clinical Scientists|
|2011||Outstanding Achievement Award, Association of Genetic Technologists|
|2011||H.A. Bardwell Award, Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory Science|
|2011||Omicron Sigma Award, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science - National Level|
|2008||Theriot Award for Development of Significant Materials in Media Equipment, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science|
|2008||Scientific Research Award, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science|
|2008||Faculty Educator of the Month, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2008||Joseph Waurin Award for Excellence in Education, Association of Genetic Technologists|
|2008||Lamar University Alumni Spotlight, September|
|2008||Omicron Sigma Award, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science - Regional Level|
|2007||Outstanding Service Award, Texas Association for Clinical Laboratory Science|
|2007||Spirit of Community Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Trainee and Alumni Affairs|
|2007||Omicron Sigma Award, American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science - State Level|
|2004||Staff Educator of the Month, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Education Resource Committee|
|2003||Outstanding Educator, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Education Week|
- Song J, Yu A, Munoz D, Han S, Nimmakayalu M, Hu PC, Dong J. Impact of Using Median vs. Mean in Calculating ERBB2 FISH Results in Breast Cancer. Cancer Med J 4(3):87-96, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34095900.
- Jiang W, Cai G, Hu P, Wang Y. Personalized medicine of non-gene-specific chemotherapies for non-small cell lung cancer. Acta Pharm Sin B 11(11):3406-3416, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34900526.
- Shah M, Takayasu T, Zorofchian Moghadamtousi S, Arevalo O, Chen M, Lan C, Duose D, Hu P, Zhu JJ, Roy-Chowdhuri S, Riascos RF, Chen H, Luthra R, Esquenazi Y, Ballester LY. Evaluation of the Oncomine Pan-Cancer Cell-Free Assay for Analyzing Circulating Tumor DNA in the Cerebrospinal Fluid in Patients with Central Nervous System Malignancies. J Mol Diagn 23(2):171-180, 2021. PMID: 33531134.
- Chu C, Wu H, Xu F, Ray JW, Britt A, Robinson SS, Lupo PJ, Murphy CRC, Dreyer CF, Lee PDK, Hu PC, Dong J. Phenotypes Associated with 16p11.2 Copy Number Gains and Losses at a Single Institution. Lab Med 51(6):642-648, 2020. PMID: 32537635.
- Mallampati S, Zalles S, Duose DY, Hu PC, Medeiros LJ, Wistuba II, Kopetz S, Luthra R. Development and Application of Duplex Sequencing Strategy for Cell-Free DNA-Based Longitudinal Monitoring of Stage IV Colorectal Cancer. J Mol Diagn 21(6):994-1009, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31401123.
- Shi X, Duose DY, Mehrotra M, Harmon MA, Hu P, Wistuba II, Kopetz S, Luthra R. Non-invasive genotyping of metastatic colorectal cancer using circulating cell free DNA. Cancer Genet 237:82-89, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31447070.
- Khogeer H, Rahman H, Jain N, Angelova EA, Yang H, Quesada A, Ok CY, Sui D, Wei P, Al Fattani A, Pierce S, Loghavi S, Lamb A, Hu P, Thakral B, Kanagal-Shamanna R, Jorgensen JL, Jabbour EJ, Kantarjian HM, Medeiros LJ, Khoury JD. Early T precursor acute lymphoblastic leukaemia/lymphoma shows differential immunophenotypic characteristics including frequent CD33 expression and in vitro response to targeted CD33 therapy. Br J Haematol 186(4):538-548, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31115909.
- Donaldson K, Buchanich JM, Grigson PS, Deneke E, Donaldson K, Vrana KE, Sacks DB, Kuehn GJ, Cardamone D, Pesce A, Smiley S, Nickley J, Krock K, Thomas R, Wilkerson ML, Farag HA, Challa SR, Tice AM, Wolk DM, Prichard J, Grant ML, Regmi S, Kerbacher B, Quinton LE, Farag HA, Tice AM, Wolk DM, Olson J, Haynes A, Yu E, McCully KS, Assi J, Wong M, Zarrin-Khameh N, Nifong TP, Hawker CD, Carlton GT, Rivera JM, Foulis PR, Zuraw A, Morlote D, Peker D, Reddy V, Harada S, Crutchfield C, Zander D, Barbhuiya MA, Pederson EC, Straub ML, Scott SC, Neibauer TL, Salter WF, Creer MH, Zhu Y, Bornhorst JA, Theobald JP, Algeciras-Schimnich A, Cao L, Knox J, Hardy R, Texas HJ, McGuire MF, Hunter RL, Brown RE, Hicks J, Hicks J, Cai Z, Brown RE, Ali Y, Cheng KC, Katz SR, Ding Y, Vanselow DJ, Yakovlev MA, Lin AY, Clark DP, Vargas P, Xin X, Copper JE, Canfield VA, Ang KC, Wang Y, Xiao X, De Carlo F, van Rossum DB, La Rivière PJ, Newell J, Hossler C, Roche M, Warrick J, Phaeton R, Kesterson J, Donaldson K, Myers C, Barrios R, Mintz P, Robyak K, Hamilton C, McGhee P, Pederson C, Straub M, Scott S, Neibauer T, Salter W, Creer M, Zhu Y, Hamilton C, Robyak K, McGhee P, Pederson C, Straub M, Scott S, Neibauer T, Salter W, Creer M, Zhu Y, Singh N, Morlote D, Vnencak-Jones C, Yemelyanova A, Harada S, Shah M, Moghadamtousi SZ, Lan C, Duose D, Hu P, Esquenazi Y, Luthra R, Ballester LY, Koenig AN, Liu CG, Zhang J, Kalia A, Al-Habib A, Van Arsdall M, Dhingra S, Patel K, Tatevian N. Abstracts of Presentations at the Association of Clinical Scientists 139th Meeting Hershey, PA, May 15-18, 2019. Ann Clin Lab Sci 49(3):403-416, 2019. PMID: 31308044.
- Bolivar AM, Luthra R, Mehrotra M, Chen W, Barkoh BA, Hu P, Zhang W, Broaddus RR. Targeted next-generation sequencing of endometrial cancer and matched circulating tumor DNA: identification of plasma-based, tumor-associated mutations in early stage patients. Mod Pathol 32(3):405-414, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30315273.
- Ye W, Hannigan B, Zalles S, Mehrotra M, Barkoh BA, Williams MD, Cabanillas ME, Edeiken-Monroe B, Hu P, Duose D, Wistuba II, Medeiros LJ, Stewart J, Luthra R, Roy-Chowdhuri S. Centrifuged supernatants from FNA provide a liquid biopsy option for clinical next-generation sequencing of thyroid nodules. Cancer Cytopathol 127(3):146-160, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30620446.
- Hu PC, Zhang J, Dai H, Shen J, Hu Q, Wei S. [Standards and requirement for technologists in clinical genetics laboratories in the United States]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 36(1):44-53, 2019. PMID: 30722092.
- Jiang W, Cai G, Hu PC, Wang Y. Personalized medicine in non-small cell lung cancer: a review from a pharmacogenomics perspective. Acta Pharm Sin B 8(4):530-538, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30109178.
- Takahashi K, Wang F, Morita K, Yan Y, Hu P, Zhao P, Zhar AA, Wu CJ, Gumbs C, Little L, Tippen S, Thornton R, Coyle M, Mendoza M, Thompson E, Zhang J, DiNardo CD, Jain N, Ravandi F, Cortes JE, Garcia-Manero G, Kornblau S, Andreeff M, Jabbour E, Bueso-Ramos C, Takaori-Kondo A, Konopleva M, Patel K, Kantarjian H, Futreal PA. Integrative genomic analysis of adult mixed phenotype acute leukemia delineates lineage associated molecular subtypes. Nat Commun 9(1):2670, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29991687.
- El Naofal M, Kim A, Yon HY, Baity M, Ming Z, Bui-Griffith J, Tang Z, Robinson M, Grubbs EG, Cote GJ, Hu P. Role of CDKN2C Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization in the Management of Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma. Ann Clin Lab Sci 47(5):523-528, 2017. PMID: 29066476.
- Waters R, Xie Y, Huang G, Hadidi K, Lohman E, Soloway R, Hu P, Dong J. Investigating Predictive Models Based on Circulating Cell-free INK4A DNA Methylation, Alpha-fetoprotein, Platlet Count, and Age for Diagnosis and Prognosis of Hepatocellular Carcinoma. J Clin Pathol Microbes 1(1):1-6, 2016. e-Pub 2016.
- Caitlin Evers, Khushali Patel, Varduhi Petrosyan, Clay Morrison, Viju Varghese, Randy A. Chu, Aymen Baig, Erika Thompson, Michael Chase, Peter C. Hu, Awdhesh Kalia. Draft Genome Sequences of Four Genetically Distinct Human Isolates of Streptococcus dysglactiae subsp. equismilis. Genome Announcements 3(5), 2015. e-Pub 2015.
- Maro Ohanian, Uri Rozovski, Hagop M. Kantarjian, Sanam Loghavi, Yang O. Huh, Lynne Abruzzo, Guillermo Garcia-Manero, Farhad Ravandi, Michael Andreeff, Steven M. Kornblau, Gautam Borthakur, Martin Nguyen, Francesco Stingo, Peter Hu Patricia Fox, L. Jeffrey Medeiros, Zeev Estrov, Carlos E. Bueso-Ramos, Jorge E. Cortes,. MYC Expression Is Prognostic in Therapy Related Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) and AML with Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)-Related Changes. Blood 124(21), 2014. e-Pub 2014.
- Juroske, D., Anamani, D., Ayad, M., Bixenman, H., Gu, J., Hu, P., Kochmar, S., Pettersen, R., Yuhas, J., Grosbach, A.. Proposal to ASCP Board of Certification for Consideration of a Specialist Level Molecular Biology Examination. Journal of the Association of Genetic Technologists 40(2):69, 2014.
- Gengming Huang, Joseph D. Korcker, Jason L. Kirk, Lucas r. Wieck, Shehzad N. Merwat, Roger D. Soloway, Hyunsu Ju, John Peterson, Anthony O. Okorodudu, Nihal E. Abdulla, Andrea Duchini, Lucas Circalese, Cristiana Rastellini, Peter C. Hu, Jianli Dong. Evaluation of INK4A Promoter Methylation using Pyrosequencing and Circulating Cell-free DNA from Patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma, 2014.
- Peining Li, PhD; Katherine Wilcox, BS; Peter C Hu, PhD; Randi E. Zinberg, MS; Chunli Yu, MD; Marilyn M. Li, MD; Liming Bao, MD, PhD; Bai-Lin Wu, MM, PhD. Tertiary Education System for Genetic Technologists, Counselors and Specialists, 2014.
- Esqueda D, Xu F, Moore Y, Yang Z, Huang G, Lennon PA, Hu PC, Dong J. Lack of correlation between HERV-K expression and HIV-1 viral load in plasma specimens. Ann Clin Lab Sci 43(2):122-5, 2013. PMID: 23694785.
- Garza MN, Pulido LA, Amerson M, Ali FA, Greenhill BA, Griffin G, Alvarez E, Whatley M, Hu PC. A professional development model for medical laboratory scientists working in the immunohematology laboratory. Clin Lab Sci 25(1):2-6, 2012. PMID: 22458043.
- Fraase K, Hart J, Wu H, Pang X, Ma L, Grant F, Li A, Lennon A, Hu PC, Dong J. BK virus as a potential co-factor for HPV in the development of cervical neoplasia. Ann Clin Lab Sci 42(2):130-4, 2012. PMID: 22585607.
- Ali FA, Pulido LA, Garza MN, Amerson MH, Greenhill B, Brown KN, Lim SK, Manyam VR, Nguyen HN, Prudhomme CC, Regan LE, Sims WR, Umeh AU, Williams R, Tillman PK, Hu PC. A professional development model for medical laboratory scientists working in the Core Laboratory. Clin Lab Sci 25(2):67-73, 2012. PMID: 22693774.
- Amerson MH, Pulido L, Garza MN, Ali FA, Greenhill B, Einspahr CL, Yarsa J, Sood PK, Hu PC. A professional development model for medical laboratory scientists working in the microbiology laboratory. Clin Lab Sci 25(2):74-7, 2012. PMID: 22693775.
- Lamothe B, Lai Y, Hur L, Orozco NM, Wang J, Campos AD, Xie M, Schneider MD, Lockworth CR, Jakacky J, Tran D, Ho M, Dawud S, Dong C, Lin HK, Hu P, Estrov Z, Bueso-Ramos CE, Darnay BG. Deletion of TAK1 in the myeloid lineage results in the spontaneous development of myelomonocytic leukemia in mice. PLoS One 7(12):e51228, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 23251462.
- Lennon PA, Hu P. Clinical Molecular Testing: Entry-Level or Specialist Certification?. Clinical Laboratory Science 24(4):19-21, 2011.
- Pan M, Wang Y, Lin C, Yuan Y, Dong J, Banerjee S, Zhang T, Chen Y, Zhang T, Chen M, Hu P, Zheng S, Zhang J, Qi M. Novel lovd databases for hereditary breast cancer and colorectal cancer genes in the chinese population. Human Mutation, 2011.
- Lin P, Dickason TJ, Fayad LE, Lennon PA, Hu P, Garcia M, Routbort MJ, Miranda R, Wang X, Qiao W, Medeiros LJ.. Prognostic value of MYC rearrangement in cases of B-cell lymphoma, unclassifiable, with features intermediate between diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and Burkitt lymphoma. Cancer, 2011.
- Mulligan S, Hu P, Murphy A, Han J, Tam M, Lin P, Konoplev S, Lennon PA. Variations in MALT1 Gene Disruptions Detected by FISH in 109 MALT Lymphomas Occurring in Different Primary Sites. J Assoc Genet Technol 37(2):76-9, 2011. PMID: 21654070.
- Lennon PA, Deleon E, Reynolds A, Pulido L, Lewing C, Mehta P, Biscanin S, Hai S, Bowman C, Galbincea J, Jakacky J, Hu P. A model for rewarding professional growth in the diagnostic molecular oncology laboratory. J Assoc Genet Technol 37(2):80-3, 2011.
- Hu P, Lee CW, Xu JP, Simien C, Fan CL, Tam M, Ramagli L, Brown BW, Lynch P, Frazier ML, Siciliano MJ, Coolbaugh-Murphy M. Microsatellite Instability in Saliva from Patients with Hereditary Non-polyposis Colon Cancer and Siblings Carrying Germline Mismatch Repair Gene Mutations. Ann Clin Lab Sci 41(4):321-30, 2011. PMID: 22166501.
- Lennon A, Hu P. Clinical molecular testing: subspecialty, entry-level or specialist certification?. Clin Lab Sci 24(4):208-11, 2011. PMID: 22288217.
- Li T, Medeiros LJ, Lin P, Yin H, Littlejohn M, Im W, Lennon PA, Hu P, Jorgensen JL, Liang M, Guo H, Yin CC. Immunohistochemical profile and fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in northern China. Arch Pathol Lab Med 134(5):759-65, 2010. PMID: 20441508.
- Millecker L, Lennon PA, Verstovsek S, Barkoh B, Galbincea J, Hu P, Chen SS, Jones D. Distinct patterns of cytogenetic and clinical progression in chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms with or without JAK2 or MPL mutations. Cancer Genet Cytogenet 197(1):1-7, 2010. PMID: 20113830.
- Tam M, Lin P, Hu P, Lennon PA. Examining Hedgehog pathway genes GLI3, SHH, and PTCH1 and the p53 target GLIPR1/GLIPR1L1/GLIPR1L2 gene cluster using fluorescence in situ hybridization uncovers GLIPR1/GLIPR1L1/GLIPR1L2 deletion in 9% of patients with multiple myeloma. J Assoc Genet Technol 36(3):111-4, 2010. PMID: 20978342.
- Lennon PA, Lovshe D, Deleon E, Reynolds A, Pulido L, Cheong S, Zhao L, Froimpong L, Harper E, Van Fleet T, Honore L, Hu P. Professional Development Model for Cytogenetic Technologists at University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Sets High Standards. The Journal of the Association of Genetic Technologists 36(4), 2010.
- Han XY, Sizer KC, Thompson EJ, Kabanja J, Li J, Hu P, Gómez-Valero L, Silva FJ. Comparative sequence analysis of Mycobacterium leprae and the new leprosy-causing Mycobacterium lepromatosis. J Bacteriol 191(19):6067-74, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19633074.
- Yang Z, Morrison R, Oates C, Sarria J, Patel J, Habibi A, Seyedjafari R, Hu P, Lennon A, Li A, Dong J. HIV-1 Genotypic Resistance Testing on Low Viral Load Specimens Using the Abbott ViroSeq HIV-1 Genotyping System. LabMedicine 39(11):671-673, 2008.
- Wu H, Chen H, Hu PC. Circulating endothelial cells and endothelial progenitors as surrogate biomarkers in vascular dysfunction. Clin Lab 53(5-6):285-95, 2007. PMID: 17605403.
- Wang Y, Hopwood VL, Hu P, Lennon A, Osterberger J, Glassman A. Determination of secondary chromosomal aberrations of chronic myelocytic leukemia. Cancer Genet Cytogenet 153(1):53-6, 2004. PMID: 15325094.
- Sullivan JT, Hu PC. Fate of Schistosoma mansoni in Biomphalaria obstructa. J Parasitol 82(5):743-7, 1996. PMID: 8885882.
- Sullivan JT, Hu PC. A method for immunoisolation of sporocysts of Schistosoma mansoni in nonsusceptible snails. J Parasitol 81(6):1029-31, 1995. PMID: 8544049.
- Ramirez E, Singh RR, Kunkalla K, Liu Y, Qu C, Cain C, Multani AS, Lennon PA, Jackacky J, Ho M, Dawud S, Gu J, Yang S, Hu PC, Vega F. Defining causative factors contributing in the activation of hedgehog signaling in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Leuk Res. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22809693.
- Jiang W, Kline M, Hu P, Wang Y. Identification of dual false indirect exclusions on the D5S818 and FGA loci. Leg Med (Tokyo). e-Pub 2010. PMID: 21030286.
- Ohanian M, Rozovski U, Kanagal-Shamanna R, Abruzzo LV, Loghavi S, Kadia T, Futreal A, Bhalla K, Zuo Z, Huh YO, Post SM, Ruvolo P, Garcia-Manero G, Andreeff M, Kornblau S, Borthakur G, Hu P, Medeiros LJ, Takahashi K, Hornbaker MJ, Zhang J, Nogueras-González GM, Huang X, Verstovsek S, Estrov Z, Pierce S, Ravandi F, Kantarjian HM, Bueso-Ramos CE, Cortes JE. MYC protein expression is an important prognostic factor in acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma:1-12. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29741984.
- Gallardo M, Hornbaker MJ, Zhang X, Hu P, Bueso-Ramos C, Post SM. Aberrant hnRNP K expression: All roads lead to cancer. Cell Cycle:0. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27049467.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Juroske, DM, Simien, C, and Hu, P.. HS3101 Clinical Laboratory Techniques Laboratory Manual 2nd Edition. University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center: Houston, Texas, 2011.
- Juroske, D.M., Simien, C., Hu, P.. HS3102 Molecular Techniques Laboratory Manual. University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center: Houston, TX, 2011.
- Juroske, D.M., Simien, C., Hu, P.. MG4410 Molecular Diagnostic Techniques Laboratory Manual. University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center: Houston, Texas, 2011.
- Hopwood V, Hu P, Gu, J. Introduction to Human Genetics: Curricular DVD and Teacher’s Guide for High School Science Educators and Students. University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center: Houston, 2010.
- 2. Wu, H. K., Chen, H., Hu, P.. Basic Theories and Clinical Applications of Molecular Flow Cytometry. In: Modern Clinical Molecular Techniques. Springer, Chapger 22, 2012.
- Hu, P., Lennon, P. A., Hegde, M. Diagnostic Molecular Training Programs. In: Modern Clinical Molecular Techniques. Springer, Chapter 27, 2012.
- Lee, C. W., Hu, P.. Training for Point-of-Care Testing in Molecular Diagnostics. In: Modern Clinical Molecular Techniques. Chapter 28. Springer, 2012.
- Hu PC, Hopwood VL, Glassman AB. Chromosomal & Molecular Cytogenetic Assays for Evaluation of Human Tumors. In: Cancer Diagnostics-Current and future trends. Humana Press: Totowa, 379-393, 2004.
Books (edited and written)
- Hu PC, Lennon PA, Hegde M. Modern Clinical Molecular Techniques. Ed(s) Hu PC, Lennon PA, Hegde M. Springer: New York, 436, 2012.
|Title:||Molecular and Immunohistochemical Chararcterization of Breast Cancer in Ethiopia|
|Title:||Genomics Educational Grant|
|Funding Source:||Beckman Coulter|
|Title:||Evaluation of TAK1 as a Tumor Supressor Gene in Prostate Cancer|
|Funding Source:||Elsa U Pardee Foundation|