Ping Fan, Ph.D
Department of Investigational Cancer Therapeutics, Division of Cancer Medicine
Present Title & Affiliation
Associate Professor, Department of Breast Medical Oncology - Research, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2002||Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, CHN, PHD, Oncology|
|1996||Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, CHN, MS, Immunology|
|1993||Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, CHN, MD, Medicine|
Experience & Service
Assistant Professor, Georgetown University, Washington DC, 2009 - 2014
Staff Scientist, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, 2008 - 2009
Assistant Professor, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, 2006 - 2008
Assistant Professor, Department of General Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, 2002 - 2004
- Fan P, Jordan VC. The function of membrane-associated molecules in acquired resistance to antiestrogens in breast cancer. Receptors and Clinical Investigation, 2015.
- Fan P, Maximov P, Curpan RF, Abderrahman B, Jordan VC. The molecular, cellular and clinical consequences of targeting the estrogen receptor following estrogen deprivation therapy. Mol Cell Endocrinol 15, 2015.
- Obiorah IE, Fan P, Sengupta S, Jordan VC. Selective estrogen-induced apoptosis in breast cancer. Steroids 90C:60-70, 2014.
- Fan P, Agboke FA, McDaniel RE, Sweeney EE, Zou X, Cresswell K, Jordan VC. Inhibition of c-Src blocks oestrogen-induced apoptosis and restores oestrogen-stimulated growth in long-term oestrogen-deprived breast cancer cells. Eur J Cancer 50:457-68, 2014.
- Fan P, Wang S, Zha X, Wu ZY, Zhang M. Study of breast cancer xenograft model in Balb/c mouse. Chin J Exp Surg 21:873, 2004.
- Fan P, Wang S, Liu X, Wu ZY. A study on the B7-CD28 costimulatory pathway in breast cancer patients. Chin J Gen Surg 18:162-4, 2003.
- Fan P, Wang S, Liu X, Wu ZY. Study on the expression of costimulatory molecules CD40, CD80, and CD86 on the cells of breast cancer. Chin J Exp Surg 20:187, 2003.
- Fan P, Wu ZY, Wang S, et al.. An investigation on the phenotype of cultured dendritic cells from the peripheral blood of patients with breast cancer. Nanjing Medical University 16:115-20, 2002.
- Fan P, Wang S, Wu ZY. Research on the expression of CD1a, CD83 molecules on dendritic cells cultured from peripheral blood of patients with breast cancer. Acta Univ Med Nanjing 22:376-8, 2002.
- Fan P, Wu ZY, Wang S, et al.. Preliminary research on the method of induction and culture of dendritic cells in the human peripheral blood and its phenotype. Acta univ Med Nanjing 22:25-8, 2002.
- Fan P, Wang S, Liu Z, Zhen L, Wu Z. Major histocompatibility complex class II antigen and costimulatory molecule expression on the surface of breast cancer cells. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 24:327-30, 2002.
- Fan P, Yao K, Ji X, et al. Effects of HHV-6 infection in vitro in cytokines induction and NK activity of peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Nanjing Medical University 12:9-12, 1998.
- Fan P, Wu ZY, Zha X, et al. Comparison of nuclear accumulation of p53 protein with mutations in the p53 gene of human breast cancer tissues. Chin J Surg 36:655-7, 1998.
- Fan P, Yao K, Ji X, et al.. Effects of HHV-6 infection on cytokines IL-6, IL-8 induction and NK activity of human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. Virologica Sinica 12:229-34, 1997.