Ping Hou, Ph.D., DABR
Department of Imaging Physics, Division of Diagnostic Imaging
About Dr. Hou
Ping Hou, Ph.D., DABR, is currently an Associate Professor of Imaging Physics. After obtaining her Ph.D. in physics, focused on MR angiography in 1993 from University of Utah, she joined the MR pulse sequence development group at General Electric Medical Systems. This industrial experience granted her an in-depth understanding MR system, MR physics, pulse sequence implementation and its applications. Prior to joining MD Anderson Cancer Center, she bridged through industrial experience and academic research at the University of Texas Medical School in Houston as an Assistant Professor. There she participated in MR research on multiple sclerosis and other neurological diseases using fMRI and perfusion imaging on 3T systems. She is passionate about clinic challenges of MR imaging, and plays a key role in fMRI pre-surgical planning. Her research interests include advanced neuroimaging, such as fMRI, diffusion tensor imaging (DTI), dynamic contrast enhanced (DCE) imaging, dynamic susceptibility contrast (DSC) imaging and MR spectroscopy (MRS) imaging. Currently, she is a collaborator of two grants (R01s) for fMRI study, as well as a pediatric brain tumor study. In addition to neuroimaging, she also actively collaborated with body radiologists, initiated quantitative liver iron study in MD Anderson.
Dr. Hou is a committee member of American Association of Medical Physics (AAPM) and also actively teaching graduate student in Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) and medical physics resident.
Present Title & Affiliation
Associate Professor, Department of Imaging Physics, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) | MRI Pulse Sequence Design and Implementation | Perfusion Imaging | Functional MRI | MRI Quality Assurance
Conventional neuro MR imaging | Presurgical planning – fMRI, DTI | Advanced MR imaging – DTI, DSC, DCE, MRS | Pediatric MR imaging – MRS, DTI | Body MR imaging – live iron measurment
Education & Training
|1993||University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, PHD, Physics|
|1989||University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA, MS, Physics|
|1985||Institute of Metallurgy, Academic Sinica, Shanghai, CHN, MS, Physics|
|1982||Nanjing University, Nanjing, CHN, BS, Physics|
|2006||American Board of Radiology - Diagnostic Radiological Physics|
- Yeh MY, Chen HS, Hou P, Kumar VA, Johnson JM, Noll KR, Prabhu SS, Ferguson SD, Schomer DF, Peng HH, Liu HL. Cerebrovascular Reactivity Mapping Using Resting-State Functional MRI in Patients With Gliomas. J Magn Reson Imaging 56(6):1863-1871, 2022. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35396789.
- Chen HS, Kumar VA, Johnson JM, Chen MM, Noll KR, Hou P, Prabhu SS, Schomer DF, Liu HL. Effect of Brain Normalization Methods on the Construction of Functional Connectomes from Resting-state Functional MRI in Patients with Gliomas. Magn Reson Med 86(1):487-498, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33533052.
- Thrower SL, Feghali KA, Luo D, Paddick I, Hou P, Briere T, Li J, McAleer MF, McGovern SL, Woodhouse KD, Yeboa DN, Brock K, Chung C. The impact of slice thickness on contours of brain metastases for stereotactic radiosurgery. Advances in Radiation Oncology, 2021.
- Noll KR, Chen HS, Wefel JS, Kumar VA, Hou P, Ferguson SD, Rao G, Johnson JM, Schomer DF, Suki D, Prabhu SS, Liu HL. Alterations in functional connectomics associated with neurocognitive changes following glioma resection. Neurosurgery 88(3):544-551, 2021. PMID: 33080024.
- Viswanathan A, Vedantam A, Williams LA, Koyyalagunta D, Abdi S, Dougherty PM, Mendoza T, Bassett RL, Hou P, Bruera E. Percutaneous Cordotomy for Pain Palliation in Advanced Cancer: A Randomized Clinical Trial Study Protocol. Neurosurgery 87(2):394-402, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32012217.
- Kumar VA, Heiba IM, Prabhu SS, Chen MM, Colen RR, Young AL, Johnson JM, Hou P, Noll K, Ferguson SD, Rao G, Lang FF, Schomer DF, Liu HL. The role of resting-state functional MRI for clinical preoperative language mapping. Cancer Imaging 20(20/47):9, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32653026.
- Hsu AL, Chen HS, Hou P, Wu CW, Johnson JM, Noll KR, Prabhu SS, Ferguson SD, Kumar VA, Schomer DF, Chen JH, Liu HL. Presurgical Resting-State Functional MRI Language Mapping with Seed Selection Guided by Regional Homogeneity. Magn Reson Med 84(1):375-383, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31793025.
- Jittapiromsak N, Hou P, Liu HL, Sun J, Schiffman JS, Chi TL. Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI of Orbital and Anterior Visual Pathway Lesions. Magn Reson Imaging 51:44-50, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29709464.
- Jen ML, Hassan I, Hou P, Li G, Kumar AJ, Prabhu SS, Colen RR, Liu HL. Comparison of functional localization accuracy with different co-registration strategies in presurgical fMRI for brain tumor patients. Med Phys Med Phys. 2018 May 25. doi: 10.1002/mp.12999(7):3223-3228, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29799635.
- Patel RP, Sitton CW, Ketonen LM, Hou P, Johnson JM, Romo S, Fletcher S, Shah MN, Kerr M, Zaky W, Rytting ME, Khatua S, Sandberg DI. Phase-Contrast Cerebrospinal Fluid Flow Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Qualitative Evaluation of Patency of CSF Flow Pathways Prior to Infusion of Chemotherapeutic and Other Agents into the Fourth Ventricle. Childs Nerv Syst 34(3)(3):481-486, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29170836.
- Hsu AL, Hou P, Johnson JM, Wu CW, Noll KR, Prabhu SS, Ferguson SD, Kumar VA, Schomer DF, Hazle JD, Chen JH, Liu HL. IClinfMRI Software for Integrating functional MRI Techniques in Presurgical Mapping and Clinical Studies. Front Neuroinform 12:11, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29593520.
- Jittapiromsak N, Hou P, Liu HL, Sun J, Slopis JM, Chi TL. Prognostic Role of Conventional and Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI in Optic Pathway Glioma. J Neuroimaging 27(6):594-601, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28524459.
- Salek KE, Hassan IS, Kotrotsou A, Abrol S, Faro SH, Mohamed FB, Zinn PO, Wei W, Li N, Kumar AJ, Weinberg JS, Wefel JS, Kesler SR, Liu HL, Hou P, Stafford RJ, Prabhu S, Sawaya R, Colen RR.. Silent Sentence Completion Paradigm Shows Superiority in Localization of Wernicke’s Area and Changes in Functional Activation in the Distinct Language Paradigms Correlate with Key Genomic Markers: A Prospective Study. Nature, Scientific Report 7(1), 2017.
- Clarke CN, Choi H, Hou P, Davis CH, Ma J, Rashid A, Vauthey JN, Aloia TA. Using MRI to Non-Invasively and Accurately Quantify Preoperative Hepatic Steatosis. HPB (Oxford) 19(8):706-712, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28528267.
- Vedantam A, Hou P, Chi TL, Hess KR, Dougherty PM, Bruera E, Viswanathan A.. Postoperative MRI evaluation of radiofrequency cordotomy lesion for intractable cancer pain. American Journal of NeuroRadiology 38(4):835-839, 2017. PMID: 28209581.
- Hou P, Zhu HK, Park P, Li H, Mahajan A, Grosshans DR. Proton therapy for juvenile pilocytic astrocytoma: quantifying treatment responses by MR DTI. International Journal of Particle Therapy 3(3):414-420, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 31772991.
- Jittapiromsak N, Hou P, Williams MD, Chi TL. Orbital oncocytoma: evaluation with dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging using a time-signal intensity curve and positive enhancement integral images. Clin Imaging 42:161-164, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 28063355.
- Vedantam A, Hou P, Chi L, Dougherty PM, Viswanathan A.. Use of spinal cord diffusion tensor imaging to quantify neural ablation and evaluate outcome after percutaneous cordotomy for intractable cancer pain. Neurosurgery 63(Suppl 1):149-50, 2016. PMID: 27399398.
- Sandberg DI, Rytting M, Zaky W, Kerr M, Ketonen L, Kundu U, Moore BD, Yang G, Hou P, Sitton C, Cooper LJ, Gopalakrishnan V, Lee DA, Thall PF, Khatua S. Methotrexate Administration Directly into the Fourth Ventricle in Children with Malignant Fourth Ventricular Brain Tumors: A Pilot Clinical Trial. J Neurooncol 125(1):133-41, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26255071.
- Soumen Khatua, Ping Hou, Ravi Bodiwala, Johannes Wolff, Jackson Hamilton, Shekhar Patil, Wafik Zaky, Anita Mahajan, Leena Ketonen. Preliminary experience with diffusion tensor imaging during re-irradiation treatment in children with progressive diffuse pontine glioma. Childs Nervous System 30(5):925-930, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24395582.
- Hamilton JD, Kumar VA, Hayman LA, Prabhu SS, Hou P, Jackson EF, Groneman M, Pagani J, Vabulas M, Kumar AJ. Deformable Anatomic Templates Embed Knowledge into Brain Images: Part 2. Validation Using Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the Motor Hand. J Comput Assist Tomogr 36(2):280-284, 2012. PMID: 22446375.
- Boonsirikamchai P, Kaur H, Kuban DA, Jackson E, Hou P, Choi H. Use of maximum slope images generated from dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI to detect locally recurrent prostate carcinoma after prostatectomy: a practical approach. AJR Am J Roentgenol 198(3):W228-36, 2012. PMID: 22358019.
- Kaur H, Choi H, You YN, Rauch GM, Jensen CT, Hou P, Chang GJ, Skibber JM, Ernst RD. MR imaging for preoperative evaluation of primary rectal cancer: practical considerations. Radiographics 32(2):389-409, 2012. PMID: 22411939.
- Hou P, Popat UR, Lindsay RJ, Jackson EF, Choi H. A Practical Approach for a Wide Range of Liver Iron Quantitation Using a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technique. Radiol Res Pract 2012:1-9, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 23365743.
- Sedrak P, Ketonen L, Hou P, Guha-Thakurta N, Williams MD, Kurzrock R, Debnam JM. Erdheim-Chester Disease of the Central Nervous System: New Manifestations of a Rare Disease. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32(11):2126-31, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21960492.
- Levin VA, Bidaut L, Hou P, Kumar AJ, Wefel JS, Bekele BN, Prabhu S, Loghin M, Gilbert MR, Jackson EF.. Randomized Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial of Bevacizumab Therapy for Radiation Necrosis of the Central Nervous System. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 79(5):1487-1495, 2011.
- Zhou W, Hou P, Zhou Y, Chen D. Reduced Recruitment of Orbitofrontal Cortex to Human Social Chemosensory Cues in Social Anxiety. NeuroImage 55(3):1401-1406, 2011. PMID: 21195189.
- De EJB, Hou P, Estrera AL, Sdrinkgola S, Kramer LA, Graves DE, Westney OL. Pelvic Ischemia is Measurable and Symptomatic in Patients with Coronary Artery Disease: A Novel Application of Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging. The Journal of Sexual Medicine 5(11):2635-2645, 2008.
- Nelson FM, Poonawalla AH, Hou P, Wolinsky JS, Narayana PA. 3D MPRAGE improves classification of cortical lesions in multiple sclerosis. Multi Scler 14(9):1214-1219, 2008.
- Poonawalla AH, Hou P, Nelson FM, Wolinsky JS, Narayana PA. Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Cervical Spinal Cord Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis Using T1-Weighted Inversion Recovery with Phase-Sensitive Reconstruction. Radiology 246(1):258-264, 2008.
- Hou P, De EJB, Kramer LA, Westney OL. Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI Study of Male Pelvic Perfusion at 3T: Preliminary Clinic Report. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 25(1):160-169, 2007.
- Nelson FM, Poonawalla AH, Hou P, Huang F, Wolinsky JS, Narayana PA. Improved Identification of Intracortical Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis Using Phase Sensitive Inversion Recovery in Combination with Fast Double Inversion Recovery Magnetic Resonance Imaging. American Journal of Neurology 28(9):1645-1649, 2007.
- Trivedi R, Gupta RK, Hasan KM, Hou P. Diffusion Tensor Imaging in Polymicrogyria: A Report of Three Cases. Neuroradiology 48(6):422-427, 2006.
- Hou P, Hasan KM, Sitton CW, Wolinsky JS, Narayana PA. Phase Sensitive T1 Inversion Recovery Imaging: A Time Efficient Interleaved Technique for Improved Tissue Contrast in Neuroimaging. American Journal of Neuroradiology 26:1432-1438, 2005.
- Robinson RO, Blatter DD, Parker DL, Hou P, Collins JS, Barney WW. Fat Suppression in Combination With Multiple Overlapping Thin-Slab 3-D Acqusition MR Angiography: Proposed Technique for Improved Vessel Visualization. American Journal of Neuroradiology 13:1429-1434, 1992.
- Hou P, Parker DL, Blatter DD, Robinson RO. Hybrid MR Angiography and Fourier Velocity Imaging Using Two Echo 3D Acquisition. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 19:203-208, 1991.
- Chen H, Yeh M, Hou P, Stafford R, Liu HL. Weisskoff Analysis Can Infer False Correlations in Functional Connectivity Analysis with Resting-State fMRI. AAPM 2020 Annual Meeting, 2020.
- Hou P, Liu HL, Chen HS, Stafford JR. T2* Measurement Accuracy from Different MR Scanners. AAPM 2020 Annual Meeting, 2020.
- Bronk JK, Hou P, Amsbaugh MJ, Khatua S, Mahajan A, Ketonen L, McGovern SL. Diffusion tensor imaging in patients undergoing reirradiation for progressive diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma. ASTRO 105(1):623-624, 2019.
- Heiba IM, Liu H, Young A, Chen M, Hou P, Ferguson S, Prabhu S, Kumar VA. The Role of Clinical Resting-State fMRI for Pre-operative Language Mapping When Task-based fMRI is Limited. Eastern Neuroradiology Society Annual Meeting Proceedings. e-Pub 2019.
- Hou P, Liu HL, Salzillo T, Johnson JM, Choi C, Stafford JR. A 2-Hydroxyglutarate (2HG) MRS Phantom for Periodic Quality Control Testing. American Association of Physicists in Medicine, 2019. e-Pub 2019.
- Wang B, Hou P, Ketonen L. Pediatric Brain and Whole Spine CSF Flow Imaging using Phase Contrast Cine for New Clinical Application. American Soceity of Neuro Radiology (ASNR), 2018.
- Wefel JS, Tortarolo C, Giordano S, Rao V, Sulman E, Hou P, Kumar A, Kumar V, Kesler S. Subcomponent processes underlying learning and memory decline associated with cancer and cancer therapy in women with breast cancer. International Cognition and Cancer Task Force Meeting, 2018.
- Einstein S, Hou P, Farenholtz S, Stafford R. QC of patient MR spectroscopy can identify sub-optimal data system malfunctions. Med Phys 45(6):2746, 2018.
- Chen HS, Noll KR, Prabhu SS, Kumar VA, Hou P, Ferguson SD, Rao G, Bradshaw M, Johnson JM, Schomer DF, Liu HL. Functional connectome analysis of FMRI before and after brain tumor resection. Med Phys 45(6):2746, 2018.
- Hsu AL, Wang PN, Hou P, Colen RR, Kumar AJ, Prabhu SS, Chen JH, Liu HL. Independent Component-based Denoising for Mapping Cerebrovascular Reactivity with Resting-State Fluctuation of BOLD Signal Amplitude in Patients with Gliomas. ISMRM. e-Pub 2017.
- Mu-Lan Jen, Ping Hou, Jason M. Johnson, Donald F. Schomer,Ho-Ling Liu1. Impact of Reference Time Curve Determination on the Correction of Contrast Agent Extravasation in Dynamic Susceptibility Contrast MRI. ISMRM. e-Pub 2017.
- 11. Johnson JM, Jen ML, Shin DD, Hou P, Chung C, Schomer DF, Liu HL. Effect of Lesion-related Signal Variation in Proton Density Reference Image on Blood Flow Quantification with Arterial Spin Labeling MRI for Differentiating Pseudo-progression from True Progression in Gliomas. International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM), 2017. e-Pub 2017.
- Hsu AL, Hou P, Prabhu SS, Colen RR, Kumar AJ, Johnson JM, Schomer DF, Chen JH, Liu HL. Effect of Lesion Contaminated Nuisance Regressors on Resting-state fMRI Connectivity in Patients with Brain Tumors. ISMRM, 2017. e-Pub 2017.
- Sandberg DI, Patel RP, Kerr M, Sitton CW, Ketonen LM, Hou P, Jason M Johnson JM, Shah MN, Fletcher S, Zaky W, Rytting ME, Khatua S. Phase-Contrast Cine Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Flow Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in Evaluating Distribution of Infused Agents from the Fourth Ventricle to the Total Spine. 45th annual meeting of pediatric neurological surgery, December, 5-8, 2016, Florida, 2016. e-Pub 2016.
- ML Jen, IS Hassan, P Hou , G Li, AJ Kumar, R Colen, and HL Liu. Accuracy of Functional Localization in Pre-surgical Function MRI. ISMRM, 2016.
- KP Hwang, J Ma, P Hou , HL Liu, K Wang and TL Chi. T1 weighted 3D Cube with Dixon water-fat separation for imaging of the orbits. ISMRM, 2016.
- Kesler SR, Tortarolo C, Giodano S, Hou P, Kumar AJ, Jones JR, Jackson EF, Wefel JS. Longitudinal Changes in Brain Network Local Efficiency and Verbal Memory Performance Following Breast Cancer Chemotherapy. International Cognition and Cancer Task Force (ICCTF) Conference, 2016. e-Pub 2016.
- Sandberg DI, Rytting M, Zaky W, Kerr M, Ketonen L, Kundu U, Moore BD, Yang G, Hou P , Sitton C, Cooper LJ, Gopalakrishnan V, Lee DA, Thall PF, Khatua S. Pilot Clinical Trial Evaluating Chemotherapy Administration Directly into the Fourth Ventricle in Children with Malignant Fourth Ventricular Brain Tumors. American Association of Neurological Surgeon, 2015.
- P Hou, P Park, H Li, XR Zhu, A Mahajan, DR Grosshans. MR Diffusion Tensor Imaging for Assessment of Tumor and Normal Brain Tissue Responses of Juvenile Pilocytic Astrocytoma Treated By Proton Therapy. American Association of Medical Physicists - Proceedings 42(6), 2015.
- Busse N, Page L, Hou P, Reeve D. Effects of Normalization, Filtration, and Distortion Correction Options on MRI ACR Phantom Images. Med Phys 40(6):140, 2013.
- Hamilton JD, Jackson EF, Leeds NE, Ketonen L, Schellingerhout D, Jones J, Tatum LS, Hou P, Evans DT, Underwood ML, Jones JR, Reed BJ, Hash S, Steele J, Albright HW, Kumar AJ. Predicting Recurrent Glioma versus Treatment-Related Necrosis Using Multiparameter Advanced MR Imaging: Accurate and Cost-Effective Clinical Decision-Making. American Association of Neurosurgery- Tumor Section, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2013. e-Pub 2013.
- Hamilton JD, Hayman LA, Kumar VA , Prabhu SS, Hou P, Jackson EF, Groneman M, Kumar AJ. Deformable Anatomic Templates (DAT) Validation Using fMRI of the Motor Cortex of the Hand as a Complementary Technique for Pre-Surgical Motor Tract Localization. ASNR, New York, New York, 2012, 2012.
- Chi TL, Al Ibraheemi AKB, Hou P, Schiffman JS. Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MR Imaging of Orbital and Anterior Visual Pathway Lesions. Poster #079, ASNR, New York, New York, 2012, 2012.
- Hamilton JD, Levin VA, Hou P, Prabhu S, Loghin ME, Gilbert MR, Bassett RL, Wang J, Yung WKA, Jackson EF, Kumar AJ.. Bevacizumab Therapy for Radiation Induced Necrosis of the Brain: Advanced MRI Demonstrates Decreased Vessel Leakage/ Edema & Predicts Complications. Society of Neuro-Oncology, Orange County, California, November 2011, 2011.
- Hamilton JD, Wang J, Levin VA, Hou P, Loghin ME, Gilbert MR, Leeds NE, deGroot JF, Puduvalli V, Jackson EF, Yung WKA, Kumar AJ.. Normalized baseline ADC values predict problems associated with Bevacizumab treatment for glioblastoma multiforme or brain radiation induced necrosis. Society of Neuro-Oncology, Orange County, California, November 2011, 2011.
- Jackson D. Hamilton, L. Anne Hayman, Vinodh A. Kumar, Sujit S. Prabhu, Ping Hou, Edward F. Jackson, Megan Groneman, John Pagani, Mark Vabulas, and Ashok J. Kumar. Deformable Anatomic Template Validation Using fMRI for Motor Cortex of the Hand. ISMRM Scientific Workshop: Mapping Functional Networks for Brain Surgery;Milan, Italy: September 6-9, 2011, 2011.
- Hou P, Popat UR, Lindsay RJ, Jackson EF, Choi H. A practical approach for liver iron measurement in a clinical setting. The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM), July 31 - Aug 4, 2011, Vancouver, Canada, 2011.
- Bodiwala R, Ketonen L, Hou P, Wolff J. Diffusion Tensor Imaging Data Confirm Efficacy of Reradiation Treatment in Pediatric Patients with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma. American Society of Neuroradiology 49th Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, June 4 - 9, 2011, 2011.
- Sedrak P, Ketonen L, Hou P, Guha-Thakurta N, Williams MD, Kurzrock R, Debnam JM. Erdheim-Chester Disease of the Central Nervous System. American Society of Neuroradiology 49th Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington, June 4 - 9, 2011, 2011.
- Jensen CT, Ernst R, Chang G, You N, Hou P, Choi H, Rauch GM, Kaur H. Preoperative MRI Staging of Rectal Cancer. American Roentgen Ray Society, ARRS 2011, Chicago, 2011.
- Kaur H, Ernst R, Sagebiel TL, You YN, Hou P, Choi H. Preoperative Staging of Primary Rectal Tumors - Role of Thin Section Multiplanar 2D T2 FSE Imaging, 3D Cube, and Diffusion-Weighted Imaging. RSNA, 96th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America, November 28-December 3, 2010, McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois, 2010. e-Pub 2010.
- Boonsirikamchai P, Kaur H, Hou P, Underwood ML, Kuban DA, Choi H. A Practical Approach in Detection of Local Recurrence of Prostate Cancer in The Prostatectomy Bed: Use of Slope Images. Annual meeting of American Roentgen Ray Society, San Diego, May 2-7, 2010, 2010.
- Jackson EF, Levin VA, Hou P, Bidaut LM, Bekele BN, Kumar AJ. MR-Based Imaging Biomarkers in the Assessment of Bevacizumab Efficacy in Symptomatic Radiation Necrosis of the Brain. American Society of Neuroradiology 48th Annual Meeting, May 15-20, Boston, Massachusetts, 2010.
- Liu R, Hou P, Bockhorst KH, He R, Narayana PA. Automatic Analysis of Quantitative Cerebral Perfusion in Rodents. Proceedings of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (16th ISMRM), Toronto, Canada 16:1881, 2008.
- Nelson FM, Poonawalla AH, Hou P, Wolinsky JS, Narayana PA. 3D MPRAGE (magnetization prepared rapid acquisition with gradient echo) Improves Classification of Cortical Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis. 23rd European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis, Prague, Czech Republic, 2007.
- Hou P, Steinberg JL, Liu R, Moeller FG, Narayana PA. Investigation of Quantitative Cerebral Blood Flow Measurement from Dynamic-Susceptibility Contrast Perfusion MR Imaging on 3T system. 49th AAPM annual meeting, Oral presentation, Minneapolis, MN, 2007.
- Poonawalla AH, Hou P, Nelson FM, Mohebbi MR, Wolinsky JS, Narayana PA. MRI of Cervical Spinal Cord Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis with Phase-sensitive T1-weighted Inversion Recovery. RSNA 92nd Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, 2006.
- Nelson FM, Poonawalla AH, Hou P, Huang F, Wolinsky JS, Narayana PA. Improved visualization of Intracortical Lesions in Multiple Sclerosis by Phase-Sensitive Inversion Recovery in Combination with Fast Double Inversion Recovery Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 22nd European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis, Madrid, Spain(639), 2006.
- Hou P, Steinberg JL, Chen DX, Moeller FG, Narayana PA. Asymmetric Spin Echo in fMRI at 3T: A Quantitative Evaluation of BOLD response and Signal Drop Off. 48th AAPM annual meeting, Orlando, Florida, 2006.
- De E, Hou P, Azadzoi K, Siroky B, Estrera AL, Sdringola S, Hairston JC, Kramer LA, Graves DE, Wes. Novel Application of Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Pelvic Perfusion any Symptoms Differ in Cardiac Patients Versus Controls. American Urological Association (AUA), Atlanta, Georgia, 2006.
- Hou P, De EJB, Kramer LA, Westney OL. Dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI study of male pelvic perfusion at 3T: Comparison in cardiac and non-cardiac patients. Proceedings of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (14th ISMRM), Seattle, WA, 2006.
- Chen D, Zhou W, Hou P, Burton PC, Netsiri. Brain activation to chemical signals. 28th Annual Meeting of Association for Chemoreception Sciences, Sarasota, Florida, 2006.
- De E, Hou P, Azadzoi K, Siroky MB, Estrera AL, Sdringola S, Hairston JC, Kramer LA, Graves DE, Westney OL. A Novel Application of Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Pelvic Perfusion and Symptom Scores Differ in Cardiac and Non-Cardiac Patients. Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA 2005), New York, New York, 2005.
- Chen D, Zhou W, Meusburger T, Hou P, Burton PC, Netsiri C. fMRI Study of Human Brain Activations to Social and Nonsocial Chemical Stimuli. Society for NeuroScience (NeuroScience 2005), Washington DC, 2005.
- De E, Hou P, Kramer L, Patel C, DeSouza R, Siroky M, Azadzoi K, Estrera A, Stringola S, Hairston J, Westney L. Dynamic Contrast Enhanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Pelvic Blood Flow Correlates with Erectile Dysfunction and Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms. International Continence Society (ICS 2005), Montreal, Canada, 2005.
- Hou P, Hasan KM, Sitten CW, Wolinsky JS, Narayana PA. Quantitative Analysis of Contrast Efficiency of Phase Sensitive T1IR and its Primary Applications to Neuroimaging. Proceedings of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (13th ISMRM), South Beam, Miami, FL 13:2811, 2005.