Associate Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1988||Jagiellonian University, College of Medicine, Krakow, POL, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|1996-1998||Anesthesiology Residency, Anesthesiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Advanced Clinical Track, Houston, TX|
|1995-1995||Anesthesiology Residency, Anesthesiology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY|
|1994-1995||Internal Medicine Residency, Internal Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV|
|1988-1990||Pediatric Residency/Internship, Pediatrics, Debica General Hospital, Debica|
|1999||American Board of Anesthesiology, Diplomate|
Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2000 - 2010
Mentor, Faculty Speed Mentoring Event, Houston, TX, 2012 - Present
Committee Member, Clinical Productivity Model Committee, Houston, TX, 2012 - Present
Committee Member, Policy and Procedures Committee, Houston, TX, 2012 - Present
Committee Member, Pyxis Anesthesia Station Implementation, Houston, TX, 2009 - 2009
Committee Member, Blood Products Transfusion for Procedures Outside O.R, Houston, TX, 2009 - 2009
Committee Member, Alkek O.R. Scheduling Focus Group, Houston, TX, 2007 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Member #3, Clinical Research Committee, 2016 - Present
Member, Travel Advisory Committee for Faculty Senate, 2008 - 2010
Member, Clinical Research Committee III, 2007 - 2010
Department Representative, Faculty Senate, 2007 - 2010
Member, Information Technology Committee for Faculty Senate, 2007 - 2010
- Piotr Kwater. Decreased intra-operative opioid consumption following institution of enhanced recovery program in open gynecologic surgery. Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO), 47th Annual Meeting on Women's Cancer, San Diego March 19-22, 2016. Featured Poster, 2016.
- Zavala A,Williams U, Van-Meter A, Kwater P, Hsu P, Owusu-Agyemang P,. Anesthetic consideration for a patient wearing a Sternal Occipital Mandibular Immobilizer (SOMI), brace secondary to Neurofibromatosis Type 1. World Airway Management Meeting, Dublin, Ireland, 2015.
- Lasala JD MD, Ifeanyi IC MD, Calderon TM MD, Heir JS MD, Cain KE, Meyer LA MD, Iniesta-Donate M, Ramirez PT MD, Kwater P MD, Nick AM,. Decreased Intra-operative Opioid consumption following Enhanced Recovery after Gynecologic Surgery. World Congress of Enhanced Recovery after Surgery and Perioperative Medicine, Washington D.C, 2015.
- Moon T MD, Tsai J MD, Vachhani S MD, Ensor Joe Jr, Kwater P MD, Mena Gabriel MD,. The Effects of Lateral Positioning and One Lung Ventilation on Stroke Volume Variation Using Pulse Contour Measurements. A Prospective Study, 37th Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, 2015.
- Mena Gabriel MD, Lasala Javier MD, Ramirez Pedro MD, Rahlfs Thomas MD, Soliz Jose MD, Rodriguez Andrea MD, Kwater Piotr MD,. Implementation of an Advanced Recovery After Gynecologic Oncology Surgery Pathway: Compliance to Protocol Elements, Pre-emptive Analgesia and Deep Venous Thrombosis Prophylaxis. Global Academic Programs Conference, Houston Texas, April 2015, 2015. e-Pub 2015.
- Kwater P, Ruiz J, Brydges G, Ensor J, Riedel B. Intraoperative Hydrocortisone Does Not Have Prophylactic Antiemetic Properties in Female Patients Having Breast Surgery. Society of Ambulatory Anesthesia, 2008.
- Purugganan RV, Riedel B, Norman PH, Thakar D, Jackson TA, Heir J, Mena G, Mirza K, Kwater P, Cerny J, Ferson D. Video Laryngoscopy Improves Ease of Double Lumen Tube Placement. Society for Airway Management Scientific Meeting, 2007.
- Mena Gabriel M.D.,Kwater Piotr M.D, Lasala Javier M.D., Ramirez P MD, Rahlfs T MD, Soliz J MD, Rodriguez A MD, Kwater P MD,. Implementation of an Enhanced Surgical Recovery Program (ESRP) in Gynecologic Oncology: How much did Intra-Operative Opioid Administration Decrease in First Year Post Implementation?. Post Graduate Assembly in Anesthesiology (PGA) New York 12/2016.