Department of Neuro-Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine
About Pratibha Sharma
Dr. Sharma is an Instructor within the Department of Neuro-Oncology. Her areas of expertise are Energy metabolism in glioma, Targeted therapy and Translational cancer research.Read More
Education & Training
|2014||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, IND, PHD, Biosciences and Bioengineering|
|2007||Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda, Vadodara, IND, MS, Biotechnology|
|2005||S N Sen, Chhatrapati Sahuji Maharaj University Kanpur, UP, IND, BS, Biology|
|2020-2021||Postdoctoral Fellow, Neuro-Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2017-2020||Postdoctoral Fellow, Neuro-Oncology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH|
|2015-2016||Postdoctoral Fellow, Veterinary medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH|
Experience & Service
Instructor, Department of Neuro-Oncology - Research, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2021 - Present
Honors & Awards
|2022||Career Enhancement Project, Brain Cancer SPORE|
|2010||Senior Research Fellowship, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India|
|2007||Junior Research Fellowship, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India|
|2005||Fellowship, Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India|
- Xu J, Pei-Jung W, Tzung-Huei L, Sharma P, Canella A, Welker A, Beattie C, et al.. Disruption of DNA Repair and Survival Pathways through Heat Shock Protein Inhibition by Onalespib to Sensitize Malignant Gliomas to Chemoradiation Therapy. Clinical Cancer Research 28 9:1979-1990, 2022. PMID: 35140124.
- Sharma P, Xu J, Williams K, Easley M, Elder J Brad, Lonser R, Lang Frederick F, Lapalombella R, Sampath D, and Puduvalli, Vinay K.. Inhibition of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT), the rate-limiting enzyme of the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) salvage pathway, to target glioma heterogeneity through mitochondrial oxidative stress. Neuro-oncology 24 2:229-244, 2022. PMID: 34260721.
- Sharma P, Xu J, Williams K, Easley M, Elder JB, Lonser R, Lang FF, Lapalombella R, Sampath D, Puduvalli VK. Inhibition of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase, the rate-limiting enzyme of the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide salvage pathway, to target glioma heterogeneity through mitochondrial oxidative stress. Neuro Oncol. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34260721.
- Mitchell SR, Larkin K, Grieselhuber NR, Lai TH, Cannon M, Orwick S, Sharma P, Asemelash Y, Zhang P, Goettl VM, Beaver L, Mims A, Puduvalli VK, Blachly JS, Lehman A, Harrington B, Henderson S, Breitbach JT, Williams KE, Dong S, Baloglu E, Senapedis W, Kirschner K, Sampath D, Lapalombella R, Byrd JC. Selective targeting of NAMPT by KPT-9274 in acute myeloid leukemia. Blood Adv 3(3):242-255, 2019. PMID: 30692102.
- Mitchell S R, Larkin K, Grieselhuber N R, Tzung-Huei L, Cannon M, Orwick S, Sharma P, et al.. Selective targeting of NAMPT by KPT-9274 in acute myeloid leukemia. Blood advances 3 3:242-255, 2019. PMID: 30692102.
- Pratibha Sharma, Omid Teymournejad and Yasuko Rikihisa. Peptide Nucleic Acid Knockdown and Intra-host Cell Complementation of Ehrlichia Type IV Secretion System Effector. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 7(228):1-9, 2017. PMID: 28638803.
- Sharma P, Teymournejad O, and Rikihisa, Y.. Peptide nucleic acid knockdown and intra-host cell complementation of Ehrlichia type IV secretion system effector. Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology 7:228, 2017. PMID: 28638803.
- Xiong Q, Bekebrede H, Sharma P, Arroyo LG, Baird JD, Rikihisa Y. An Ecotype of Neorickettsia risticii Causing Potomac Horse Fever in Canada. Appl Environ Microbiol 82(19):6030-6, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27474720.
- Xiong Q, Bekebrede H, Sharma P, Arroyo L G, Baird J D, and Rikihisa, Y.. An ecotype of Neorickettsia risticii causing Potomac horse fever in Canada. Applied and environmental microbiology 82 19:6030-6036, 2016. PMID: 27474720.
- Sharma P, Noronha S. Comparative Assessment of Factors Involved in Acetoin Synthesis by Bacillus subtilis 168. ISRN Microbiol 2014:578682, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24734205.
- Sharma P, and Noronha, S.. Comparative assessment of factors involved in acetoin synthesis by Bacillus subtilis 168. International Scholarly Research Notices 2014, 2014. PMID: 24734205.
Grant & Contract Support
|Title:||Targeting metabolic vulnerabilities of glioma for Radio-sensitization|
|Funding Source:||MDACC Brain Cancer SPORE|