In the News
Associate Professor, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Medical Director Pediatric Cellular Therapy, Department of Pediatrics Patient Care, Division of Pediatrics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Supportive Care in Pediatric Stem Cell Transplantation
Graft-Versus Host Disease
|2003||Ross University School of Medicine, Roseau, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1998||State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY, USA, BS, Biochemistry|
Instructor, Division of Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, 2011 - 2012
Institutional Committee Activities
Chair, Pediatric Stem Cell Transplantation Inpatient Taskforce, 2015 - Present
Co-Chair, Inpatient Mobility Incentive Program, 2015 - Present
Chair, Pediatric Fellowship Program Evaluation Committee, 2014 - Present
Member, Pediatric Quality and Safety Committee, 2013 - Present
- Tewari P, Martin PL, Mendizabal A, Parikh SH, Page KM, Driscoll TA, Malech HL, Kurtzberg J, Prasad VK. Myeloablative transplantation using either cord blood or bone marrow leads to immune recovery, high long-term donor chimerism and excellent survival in chronic granulomatous disease. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18(9):1368-77, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22326631.
- Maher O, Silva JG, Tillman C, Petropoulos D, Cooper LJN, Lee D, Worth LL, Champlin RE, Tarek N, Tewari P. Incidence and Outcome of Early Hospital Readmission Following Hematopoetic Stem Cell Transplantation in Pediatric and Young Adult Patients. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 21(2 Suppl):S249, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25534537.
- Popat U, Anderlini P, Andersson B, Valdez B, Bassett R, Hosing C, Ahmed S, Qazilbash M, Shpall E.J., Alousi A, Champlin R, Jones R.B., Kebriaei P, Oki Y, Fanale M, Hagemeistger F, Dabaja B, Reed V, Pinnix C, Tewari P, Worth L, Nieto Y. Phase 2 Trial of High-Dose Gemcitabine, Busulfan and Melphalan with Autologous Stem Cell Transplant (ASCT) for Patients with Refractory Hodgkin's Lymphoma (HL). Lymphoma, 2014.
- Schneider V, Kim Sung, Christensen A, Szewczyk N, Dela Cruz B, Kresta K, Tewari P. Implementation of Parameter Transfusion Orders for Stem Cell Transplant Recipients Results in Increased Nursing Anatomy, Decreased Transfusion Delays, and Improved Patient Care. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation 20(2):S285, 2014.
- Tewari P, Kumaresan P, Figliola M, Huls H, Longin K, Ruhnke K, Champlin R, Cooper J. Automated Production of Clinical-Grade CMV-Specific T Cells to Implement Immunotherapy at the Bedside. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation 20(2):S136-S137, 2014.
- Tewari P, Allison J, Waters-Pick B, Cash JV, Kurtzberg J, Prasad VK. Collection of G-CSF-mobilizxed granulocytes from related donors to support hematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients at high risk of infection is safe and feasible. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation 17(2 (suppl)):S272, 2011.
- Desai SR, Tewari P, Whelan M, Kurtzberg J, Prasad VK. Vitamin D deficiency in children undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation 17(2 (Suppl)):S274, 2011.
- Prasad VK, Mendizabal A, Tewari P, Page K, Parikh SH, Szabolcs P, Driscoll TA, Martin PL, Kurtzberg J. Differential impact of HLA-A, -B, and -DRB1 mismatching in relation to other variables on the outcomes of myeloablative unrelated single donor umbilical cord blood transplantation from 4/6 matched units in children and young adults. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation 17(2 (Suppl)):S185-S186, 2011.
- Tewari P, Martin PL, Parikh SH, Szabolcs P, Page KM, Driscoll TA, Kurzburg J, Prasad VK. Correction of immune defect, excellent survival, and long-term donor chimerism in children with chronic granulomatous disease after myeloablative transplantation across donor and graft sources. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation 16(2 (Suppl)):S185, 2010.
- Tewari P, Wood S, Martin PL, Parikh SH, Szaboics P, Page KM, Discoll T, Kurtzberg J, Prasad VK. Transplantation following myeloablative cytoreduction results in excellent survival, long-term engraftment, and donor chimerism in children with chronic granulomatous disease across donor and graft sources. Blood 114(22):3398 - 3398, 2009.