Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Surgical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2011||Pritzker School of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2007||Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, USA, AB, Biology|
|2018-2019||Clinical Fellowship, Breast Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2017-2018||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL|
|2015-2018||Senior Fellowship, Clinical Medical Ethics, The MacLean Center of Clinical Medical Ethics, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL|
|2014-2015||Fellowship, Clinical Medical Ethics, The MacLean Center of Clinical Medical Ethics, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL|
|2013-2015||Research Fellowship, The University of Chicago, CHi, IL|
|2011-2018||Residency, General Surgery, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL|
|2019||American Board of Medical Quality|
|2018||American Board of Surgery|
Institutional Committee Activities
Appointed Member, Clinical Ethics Consultation Committee, 2019 - Present
- Singh P, Hoffman K, Schaverien MV, Krause KJ, Butler C, Smith BD, Kuerer HM. Neoadjuvant Radiotherapy to Facilitate Immediate Breast Reconstruction: A Systematic Review and Current Clinical Trials. Ann Surg Oncol(26(10)):3312-20, 2019.
- Kantor O, Pesce C, Singh P, Miller M, Tseng J, Wang C, Winchester DJ, Yao K. Postmastectomy radiation therapy and overall survival after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. J Surg Oncol:10.1002/jso.24551, 2017.
- Volden PA, Skor MN, Johnson MB, Singh P, Patel FN, McClintock MK, Brady MJ, Conzen SD. Mammary Adipose Tissue-Derived Lysophospholipids Promote Estrogen Receptor-Negative Mammary Epithelial Cell Proliferation. Cancer Prev Res(9(5)):367-78, 2016.
- Sur MD, Schindler N, Singh P, Angelos P, Langerman A. Young surgeons on speaking up: when and how surgical trainees voice concerns about supervisors' clinical decisions. Am J Surg(211(2)):437-44, 2016.
- Singh P, Teng E, Cannon LM, Bello BL, Song DH, Umanskiy K. Dynamic Article: Tandem Robotic Technique of Extralevator Abdominoperenial Excision and Rectus Abdominus Muscle Harvest for Immediate Closure of the Pelvic Floor Defect. Dis Colon Rectum(58(9)):885-91, 2015.
- Singh P and Kulkarni SA. Is wide excision alone an appropriate therapy for DCIS?. Curr Surg. Rep:3, 18, 2015.
- Singh P, Bello B, Weber C, Umanskiy K. Rectal Leiomyosarcoma in Association with Ulcerative Colitis: a rare condition with an unusual presentation. Int J. Colorectal Dis(29(7)):887-8, 2014.
- Singh P, Hawkley LC, McDade TW, Cacioppo JT, Masi CM. Autonomic Tone and C-reactive Protein: a prospective population-based study. Clinical Autonomic Research(19(6)):367-74, 2009.
- Singh P, Brock CO, Volden PA, Hernandez K, Skor M, Kocherginsky M, Park JE, Brady MJ, Conzen SD. Glucocorticoid receptor ChIP-sequencing of subcutaneous fat reveals modulation of inflammatory pathways. Obesity(23(11)):2286-93, 2005.
- Singh P, Kuerer HM. ASO Author Reflections: Neoadjuvant Radiotherapy Followed by Immediate Breast Reconstruction Represents a Novel Therapeutic Sequence for Breast Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol, 2019.
- Singh P, Kuerer HM. Preoperative Radiotherapy Trials to Facilitate Immediate Breast Reconstruction after Mastectomy. Current Breast Cancer Reports.
- Shakhsheer BA, Singh P, Gottlieb LJ, Angelos P, Siegler M. The Scar Book: Formation, Mitigation, Rehabilitation, and Prevention. In: Scars and scar management: Ethical considerations. Wolters Kluwer, 49-58, 2017.
- Singh P, Siegler M, Angelos P. Ethical Issues in Surgical Care. In: How to Teach Surgical Ethics. American College of Surgeons: Chicago, 296-311, 2017.
- Singh P and Kulkarni SA. Surgical Strategies for Breast Cancer Risk Reduction. In: Textbook of Complex General Surgical Oncology. The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc: China, 743-750, 2017.
- Singh P, Shakhsheer BA, Milner R. Honesty in the perioperative setting: Error and communication. In: Ethical Issues in Anesthesiology and Surgery. Springer International Publishing: Switzerland, 139-149, 2015.
- Singh P, Shen Y, Hunt KK. Trial Design: Overview of Study Designs. In: Success in Academic Surgery: Clinical Trials. Springer International Publishing: Switzerland.