Professor, Department of Health Disparities Research, Division of OVP, Cancer Prevention and Population Sciences, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2005||University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, USA, PHD, Social Psychology (Major), Health Psychology (Minor), Quantitative Psychology (Minor)|
|2000||Institute of Psychology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, CHN, MS, Psychobiology|
|1997||Shandong Medical University, Jinan, CHN, MD, Clinical Medicine|
|2005-2007||Postdoctoral Scholar, Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA|
Assistant Professor, Department of Department of Psychology, University of Houston, Houston, TX, 2008 - 2014
Assistant Researcher, Department of Department of Pediatrics, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, 2007 - 2008
|2018||Health Equity SIG Mentoring Award, Health Equity SIG, Society of Behavioral Medicine|
|2016||AAPA Okura Community Leadership Award, Asian American Psychological Association|
|2015||Outstanding Contributions to Health Psychology Award (Early Career), American Psychological Association Division 38 (Health Psychology)|
|2006||APS Scholars Award, American Psychosomatic Society|
|2004||Graduate Research Scholarship in Psychology, American Psychological Foundation (APF)/ Council of Graduate Departments of Psychology (COGDOP)|
- Warmoth K, Yeung NCY, Xie J, Feng H, Loh A, Young L, Lu Q. Benefits of a psychosocial intervention on Positive Affect and Posttraumatic Growth for Chinese American breast cancer survivors: A pilot study. Behav Med 46(1):1-9, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30657442.
- Menon U, Ashing K, Chang MW, Christy SM, Friberg-Felsted K, Rivas VG, Gwede CK, Lu Q, Meade CD, Sly J, Wang M, Yanez B, Yeary K, Yi JC, Alcaraz KI. Application of the ConNECT Framework to Precision Health and Health Disparities. Nurs Res 68(2):99–109, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30540700.
- Wu CS, Warmoth KM, Cheung B, Loh A, YoungL, Lu Q. Successful Strategies for Engaging Chinese Breast Cancer Survivors in a Randomized Controlled Trial. Translational Issues in Psychological Science 5(1):51-61, 2019.
- Lu Q, Dong L, Wu IHC, You J, Huang J, Hu Y. The impact of an expressive writing intervention on quality of life among Chinese breast cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer 27(1):165 -173, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29915994.
- Wu IHC, McNeill LH, Lu Q. Ambivalence over emotional expression and physical functioning and limitations: mediating and moderating effects of PTSD symptoms and acculturation among Chinese breast cancer survivors. Support Care Cancer 27(1):311-319, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29955975.
- Tsai W, Lu Q. Ambivalence over emotional expression and intrusive thoughts as moderators of the link between self-stigma and depressive symptoms among Chinese American breast cancer survivors. J Behav Med 42(3):452–460, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30474805.
- Gallagher MW, Long LJ, Tsai W, Stanton AL, Lu Q. The unexpected impact of expressive writing on posttraumatic stress and growth in Chinese American breast cancer survivors. J Clin Psychol 74(10):1673-1686, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29727480.
- Lu Q, Gallagher MW, Loh A, Young L.. Expressive writing intervention improves quality of life among Chinese-American breast cancer survivors: A randomized controlled trial. Annals of Behavioral Medicine 52(11):952-962, 2018. PMID: 30346497.
- Yeung NCY, Zhang Y, Ji L, Lu G, Lu Q. Guilt among husband caregivers of Chinese women with breast cancer: The roles of male gender-role norm, caregiving burden and coping processes. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 27(5):e12872, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29956873.
- You J, Lu Q, Zvolensky MJ, Meng Z, Garcia K, Cohen L. Anxiety- and Health-Related Quality of Life Among Patients With Breast Cancer: A Cross-Cultural Comparison of China and the United States. J Glob Oncol(4):1-9, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 30241191.
- You J, Wang C, Yeung NCY, Lu Q. Socioeconomic status and quality of life among Chinese American breast cancer survivors: The mediating roles of social support and social constraints. Psychooncology 27(7):1742-1749, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29603490.
- Lu Q, Tsai W, Chu Q, Xie J. Is expressive suppression harmful for Chinese American breast cancer survivors?. J Psychosom Res 109:51-56, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29773152.
- Gonzalez BD, Lu Q. Sleep disturbance among Chinese breast cancer survivors living in the USA. Support Care Cancer 26(6):1695-1698, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29484499.
- Tsai W, Lu Q. Perceived Social Support Mediates the Longitudinal Relations between Ambivalence over Emotional Expression and Quality of Life among Chinese American Breast Cancer Survivors. Int J Behav Med 25(3):368-373, 2018. PMID: 29238936.
- Cho D, Chu Q, Lu Q. Associations among physical symptoms, fear of cancer recurrence, and emotional well-being among Chinese American breast cancer survivors: a path model. Support Care Cancer 26(6):1755-1761, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29243170.
- Gan Y, Zheng L, Yu NX, Zhou G, Miao M, Lu Q. Why do oncologists hide the truth? Disclosure of cancer diagnoses to patients in China: A multisource assessment using mixed methods. Psychooncology 27(5):1457-1463, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28833916.
- Wang C, Wong CCY, Lu Q. The Pain of Ambivalence over Emotional Expression. Int J Behav Med 25(2):216-222, 2018. PMID: 29134581.
- Wong CCY, Warmoth K, Ivy S, Cheung B, Lu Q. Relation of social constraints on disclosure to adjustment among Chinese American cancer survivors: A multiprocesses approach. Psychooncology 27(3):977-982, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29232487.
- LeRoy AS, Lu Q, Zvolensky MJ, Ramirez J, Fagundes CP. Anxiety sensitivity moderates the painful effects of feeling burdensome to others. Cogn Behav Ther 47(2):126-138, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28791887.
- Tsai W, Lu Q. Culture, emotion suppression and disclosure, and health. Social and Personality Psychology Compass 12(3):e12373, 2018.
- Yeung NCY, Lu Q. Perceived Stress as a Mediator Between Social Support and Posttraumatic Growth Among Chinese American Breast Cancer Survivors. Cancer Nurs 41(1):53-61, 2018. PMID: 27442209.
- Wong CCY, Paulus DJ, Lemaire C, Leonard A, Sharp C, Neighbors C, Brandt CP, Lu Q, Zvolensky MJ. Examining HIV-Related stigma in relation to pain interference and psychological inflexibility among persons living with HIV/AIDS: The role of anxiety sensitivity. J HIV AIDS Soc Serv 17(1):1-15, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 30034300.
- Warmoth K, Cheung B, You J, Yeung NCY, Lu Q. Exploring the Social Needs and Challenges of Chinese American Immigrant Breast Cancer Survivors: a Qualitative Study Using an Expressive Writing Approach. Int J Behav Med 24(6):827-835, 2017. PMID: 28585073.
- Tsai W, Lu Q. Acculturation matters in the relation between ambivalence over emotional expressions and well-being among Chinese American breast cancer survivors. Qual Life Res 26(10):2755-2762, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28597110.
- Lu Q, Yeung N, Man J, Gallagher MW, Chu Q, Deen SH. Ambivalence over emotional expression, intrusive thoughts, and posttraumatic stress symptoms among Chinese American breast cancer survivors. Support Care Cancer 25(10):3281-3287, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28500541.
- Cho D, Lu Q. The association between fear of cancer recurrence and quality of life among Chinese cancer survivors: main effect hypothesis and buffering hypothesis. Qual Life Res 26(9):2375-2385, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28455639.
- Wong CCY, Correa A, Robinson K, Lu Q. The roles of acculturative stress and social constraints on psychological distress in Hispanic/Latino and Asian immigrant college students. Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 23(3):398-406, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27668507.
- Yeung NCY, Ramirez J, Lu Q. Perceived stress as a mediator between social constraints and sleep quality among Chinese American breast cancer survivors. Support Care Cancer 25(7):2249-2257, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28190157.
- Lu Q, Wong CC, Gallagher MW, Tou RY, Young L, Loh A. Expressive writing among Chinese American breast cancer survivors: A randomized controlled trial. Health Psychol 36(4):370-379, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27929333.
- Liao KY, Yeung NCY, Wong CCY, Warmoth K, Lu Q. Fear of cancer recurrence and physical well-being among Chinese cancer survivors: the role of conscientiousness, positive reappraisal and hopelessness. Support Care Cancer 25(4):1141-1149, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27924358.
- Alcaraz KI, Sly J, Ashing K, Fleisher L, Gil-Rivas V, Ford S, Yi JC, Lu Q, Meade CD, Menon U, Gwede CK. The ConNECT Framework: A model for advancing behavioral medicine science and practice to foster health equity. J Behav Med 40(1):23-38, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27509892.
- Wong CCY, Lu Q. Match between culture and social support: Acculturation moderates the relationship between social support and well-being of Chinese American breast cancer survivors. Qual Life Res 26(1):73-84, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27401773.
- Wang YH, Du JL, LeRoy A, Liu DX, Lu Q, Pan F. Effects of personality traits and serum lipid levels on myocardial enzyme of angina patients. Chinese Journal of Clinical Psychology 25(6), 2017.
- You J, Wang C, Rodriguez L, Wang X, Lu Q. Personality, coping strategies and emotional adjustment among Chinese cancer patients of different ages. European Journal of Cancer Care 27(1):1-9, 2017. PMID: 28975690.
- Lu Q, Yeung NC, You J, Dai J. Using expressive writing to explore thoughts and beliefs about cancer and treatment among Chinese American immigrant breast cancer survivors. Psychooncology 25(11):1371-1374, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26403647.
- Paulus DJ, Bakhshaie J, Garza M, Ochoa-Perez M, Mayorga NA, Bogiaizian D, Robles Z, Lu Q, Ditre J, Vowles K, Schmidt NB, Zvolensky MJ. Pain severity and emotion dysregulation among Latinos in a community health care setting: relations to mental health. Gen Hosp Psychiatry 42:41-8, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27638971.
- Lu Q, You J, Kavanagh A, Warmoth K, Meng Z, Chen Z, Chandwani KD, Perkins GH, McQuade JL, Raghuram NV, Nagarathna R, Liao Z, Nagendra HR, Chen J, Guo X, Liu L, Arun B, Cohen L. Differences in quality of life between American and Chinese breast cancer survivors. Support Care Cancer 24(9):3775-82, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27048455.
- Rodriguez LM, Young CM, Neighbors C, Tou R, Lu Q. Cultural differences and shame in an expressive writing alcohol intervention. J Ethn Subst Abuse 15(3):252-267, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26422064.
- Bryan JL, Lu Q. Vision for improvement: Expressive writing as an intervention for people with Stargardt's disease, a rare eye disease. J Health Psychol 21(5):709-19, 2016. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24934432.
- Yeung NC, Lu Q, Wong CCY, Huynh HC. The roles of needs satisfaction, cognitive appraisals, and coping strategies in promoting posttraumatic growth: A stress and coping perspective. Psychol Trauma 8(3):284-92, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26460492.
- Bryan JL, Lucas SH, Quist MC, Steers MN, Foster DW, Young CM, Lu Q. God, Can I Tell You Something? The Effect of Religious Coping on the Relationship between Anxiety Over Emotional Expression, Anxiety, and Depressive Symptoms. Psycholog Relig Spiritual 8(1):46-53, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 27019677.
- Bryan JL, Quist MC, Young CM, Steers ML, Lu Q. General Needs Satisfaction as a Mediator of the Relationship Between Ambivalence Over Emotional Expression and Perceived Social Support. J Soc Psychol 156(1):115-21, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25897868.
- Liao KY-H, Henceroth M, Lu Q, LeRoy A. Cultural differences in pain experience among four ethnic groups: A qualitative pilot study. Journal of Behavioral Health 5(2):75-81, 2016.
- Wong CCY, Lu Q. Do social constraints always hurt? Acculturation moderates the relationships between social constraints and physical symptoms of Chinese American breast cancer survivors. Asian American Journal of Psychology 7(2):129-136, 2016.
- Bryan JL, LeRoy AS, Lu Q. The Stargardt Disease experience: An analysis of expressive writing essays about living with a rare eye disease. New Frontiers in Ophthalmology 2(1):57-62, 2016.
- Lu Q, Man J, You J, LeRoy AS. The link between ambivalence over emotional expression and depressive symptoms among Chinese breast cancer survivors. J Psychosom Res 79(2):153-8, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25697586.
- Rodriguez LM, Young CM, Neighbors C, Campbell MT, Lu Q. Evaluating guilt and shame in an expressive writing alcohol intervention. Alcohol 49(5):491-8, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26074424.
- Jiang H, Wang L, Zhang Q, Liu DX, Ding J, Lei Z, Lu Q, Pan F. Family functioning, marital satisfaction and social support in hemodialysis patients and their spouses. Stress Health 31(2):166-74, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24470353.
- Wang Y, Haslam M, Yu M, Ding J, Lu Q, Pan F. Family functioning, marital quality and social support in Chinese patients with epilepsy. Health Qual Life Outcomes 13:10, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25627321.
- You J, Lu Q. Social constraints and quality of life among Chinese-speaking breast cancer survivors: a mediation model. Qual Life Res 23(9):2577-84, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24777868.
- Yeung NC, Lu Q. Affect mediates the association between mental adjustment styles and quality of life among Chinese cancer survivors. J Health Psychol 19(11):1420-9, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23864070.
- Lu Q, You J, Man J, Loh A, Young L. Evaluating a culturally tailored peer-mentoring and education pilot intervention among Chinese breast cancer survivors using a mixed-methods approach. Oncol Nurs Forum 41(6):629-37, 2014. PMID: 25355018.
- Bryan JL, Quist MC, Young CM, Steers ML, Foster DW, Lu Q. Canine Comfort: Pet Affinity Buffers the Negative Impact of Ambivalence over Emotional Expression on Perceived Social Support. Pers Individ Dif 68:23-27, 2014. PMID: 25960586.
- Yeung NC, Lu Q, Lin W. Specificity may count: not every aspect of coping self-efficacy is beneficial to quality of life among Chinese cancer survivors in China. Int J Behav Med 21(4):629-37, 2014. PMID: 24570036.
- Wen Z, Li X, Lu Q, Brunson J, Zhao M, Tan J, Wan C, Lei P. Health related quality of life in patients with chronic gastritis and peptic ulcer and factors with impact: a longitudinal study. BMC Gastroenterol 14(1):149, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25141760.
- You J, Lu Q. Sources of social support and adjustment among Chinese cancer survivors: gender and age differences. Support Care Cancer 22(3):697-704, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24253733.
- Yeung NC, Lu Q. Affect as a mediator between self-efficacy and quality of life among Chinese cancer survivors in China. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 23(1):149-55, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24028476.
- Dong L, Xu GH, Hu Y, Huang JL, Lu Q. Reliability and validity of the PTSD checklist-civilian among Chinese elderly women with breast cancer. Geriatrics and Health Care (in Chinese) 20(1):30-33, 2014.
- Chai ML, Yu HH, Liu Y, Lu Q, Pan F. Effect of short term expressive writing on stress reaction. Chinese Journal of Clinical Psychology (in Chinese) 6:1128-1132, 2014.
- Lu Q, Zeltzer L, Tsao J. Multiethnic differences in responses to laboratory pain stimuli among children. Health Psychol 32(8):905-14, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23668844.
- Kaur JS, Coe K, Rowland J, Braun KL, Conde FA, Burhansstipanov L, Heiney S, Kagawa-Singer M, Lu Q, Witte C. Enhancing life after cancer in diverse communities. Cancer 118(21):5366-73, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22434384.
- Lu Q, Zheng D, Young L, Kagawa-Singer M, Loh A. A pilot study of expressive writing intervention among Chinese-speaking breast cancer survivors. Health Psychol 31(5):548-51, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22229930.
- Umezawa Y, Lu Q, You J, Kagawa-Singer M, Leake B, Maly RC. Belief in divine control, coping, and race/ethnicity among older women with breast cancer. Ann Behav Med 44(1):21-32, 2012. PMID: 22529040.
- Yang Z, Meng Q, Luo J, Lu Q, Li X, Li G, Wan C. Development and validation of the simplified Chinese version of EORTC QLQ-H&N35 for patients with head and neck cancer. Support Care Cancer 20(7):1555-64, 2012. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21850417.
- Haas K, Lu Q, Evans S, Tsao JC, Zeltzer LK. Relationship between resting blood pressure and laboratory-induced pain among healthy children. Gend Med 8(6):388-98, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 22035675.
- Lu Q, Krull KR, Leisenring W, Owen JE, Kawashima T, Tsao JC, Zebrack B, Mertens A, Armstrong GT, Stovall M, Robison LL, Zeltzer LK. Pain in long-term adult survivors of childhood cancers and their siblings: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. Pain 152(11):2616-24, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21907493.
- Allen LB, Lu Q, Tsao JC, Hayes LP, Zeltzer LK. Depression partially mediates the relationship between alexithymia and somatization in a sample of healthy children. J Health Psychol 16(8):1177-86, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21464112.
- Uysal A, Lu Q. Is self-concealment associated with acute and chronic pain?. Health Psychol 30(5):606-14, 2011. PMID: 21728422.
- Lu Q, Uysal A, Teo I. Need satisfaction and catastrophizing: explaining the relationship among emotional ambivalence, pain, and depressive symptoms. J Health Psychol 16(5):819-27, 2011. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 21346011.
- Lu Q, Stanton AL. How benefits of expressive writing vary as a function of writing instructions, ethnicity and ambivalence over emotional expression. Psychol Health 25(6):669-84, 2010. PMID: 20204944.
- Uysal A, Lu Q. Self-handicapping and pain catastrophizing. Personality and Individual Differences 49(5), 2010.
- Tsao JC, Allen LB, Evans S, Lu Q, Myers CD, Zeltzer LK. Anxiety sensitivity and catastrophizing: associations with pain and somatization in non-clinical children. J Health Psychol 14(8):1085-94, 2009. PMID: 19858329.
- Evans S, Tsao JC, Lu Q, Kim SC, Turk N, Myers CD, Zeltzer LK. Sex differences in the relationship between maternal negative life events and children's laboratory pain responsivity. J Dev Behav Pediatr 30(4):279-88, 2009. PMID: 19668092.
- Zeltzer LK, Recklitis C, Buchbinder D, Zebrack B, Casillas J, Tsao JC, Lu Q, Krull K. Psychological status in childhood cancer survivors: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. J Clin Oncol 27(14):2396-404, 2009. e-Pub 2009. PMID: 19255309.
- Allen LB, Lu Q, Tsao JC, Worthman CM, Zeltzer LK. Sex differences in the association between cortisol concentrations and laboratory pain responses in healthy children. Gend Med 6 Suppl 2:193-207, 2009. PMID: 19406369.
- Evans S, Tsao JC, Lu Q, Myers C, Suresh J, Zeltzer LK. Parent-Child Pain Relationships from a Psychosocial Perspective: A Review of the Literature. J Pain Manag 1(3):237-246, 2008. PMID: 19956360.
- Zeltzer LK, Lu Q, Leisenring W, Tsao JC, Recklitis C, Armstrong G, Mertens AC, Robison LL, Ness KK. Psychosocial outcomes and health-related quality of life in adult childhood cancer survivors: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17(2):435-46, 2008. PMID: 18268128.
- Evans S, Lu Q, Tsao JC, Zelter LK. The Role of Coping and Race in Healthy Children's Experimental Pain Responses. J Pain Manag 1(2):151-162, 2008. PMID: 20352035.
- Tsao JCI, Lu Q, Zeltzer LK. Beyond traditional cognitive-behavioral therapy: Novel psychological and alternative approaches to pediatric pain. Journal of Pain Management 1(2):81-89, 2008.
- Lu Q, Tsao JC, Myers CD, Kim SC, Zeltzer LK. Coping predictors of children's laboratory-induced pain tolerance, intensity, and unpleasantness. J Pain 8(9):708-17, 2007. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 17611165.
- Tsao JC, Lu Q, Myers CD, Kim SC, Turk N, Zeltzer LK. Parent and child anxiety sensitivity: relationship to children's experimental pain responsivity. J Pain 7(5):319-26, 2006. PMID: 16632321.
- Tsao JC, Lu Q, Kim SC, Zeltzer LK. Relationships among anxious symptomatology, anxiety sensitivity and laboratory pain responsivity in children. Cogn Behav Ther 35(4):207-15, 2006. PMID: 17189238.
- Lu Q, Zeltzer LK, Tsao JC, Kim SC, Turk N, Naliboff BD. Heart rate mediation of sex differences in pain tolerance in children. Pain 118(1-2):185-93, 2005. e-Pub 2005. PMID: 16213093.
- Lu Q, Lu MC, Schetter CD. Learning from success and failure in psychosocial intervention: an evaluation of low birth weight prevention trials. J Health Psychol 10(2):185-95, 2005. PMID: 15723889.
- Zhang A, Guan P, Zhou F, Lu Q. The models of judgments of behavior responsibility in Chinese culture from an attributional perspective. Social Behavior and Personality 31(2):205-214, 2003.
- Zhang A, Lu Q. The regulation of self-efficacy and attributional feedback on motivation. Social Behavior and Personality 30(3):281-288, 2002.
- Lu Q, Lin WJ, Wang JP. Psychosocial factors and human immunity. Advances in Psychological Science (in Chinese) 2, 2000.
- Steers NML, You J, Lu Q. Ethnic Differences between Asians and European Americans in Basic Psychological Needs Satisfaction and Depressive Symptoms. In: Susan Wade (Eds.) Self-Determination Theory (SDT): Perspective, Applications and Impact. Nova Science Publishers: New York, 2016.
- Tsao JCI, Lu Q, Zeltzer LK. Psychological and alternative approaches to pediatric pain. In: Children and Pain: Some Research Findings. Nova Science Publishers: New York, 2009.
|Title:||A Culturally Sensitive Social Support Intervention; Joy Luck Academy|
|Funding Source:||National Institute of Health|
|Title:||Guilt and Expressive Writing for Reducing Alcohol Use in College Students|
|Funding Source:||National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism|
|Title:||Active surveillance and patient reported outcomes in a diverse population of prostate cancer patients|
|Funding Source:||National Cancer Institute|
|Title:||Graduate Training in Disparities Research|
|Funding Source:||Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation|
|Role:||External Advisory Board Member and Mentor|
|Title:||2/2 U-HAND (University of Houston /MD Anderson) Program to Reduce Cancer Disparities|
|Role:||Internal Advisory Committee Member|
|Title:||Culture, Support & Quality of Life: Asian American Breast Cancer Survivors|
|Title:||Pilot Research Program and supplement to the U-HAND (University of Houston /MD Anderson) Program to Reduce Cancer Disparities|
|Title:||To reduce psychosocial burdens among Chinese speaking breast cancer survivors|
|Funding Source:||American Cancer Society (ACS)|
|Title:||A Model of Communication Effectiveness for Ethnic Community Organizations: Impact on the Health of Asian American Urban Residents|
|Funding Source:||Urban Communication Foundation White Paper Program Grant|
|Title:||Testing a Culturally Sensitive Intervention among Chinese Breast Cancer Survivors|
|Funding Source:||Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation|
|Title:||Health Benefits of Expressive Writing among Chinese Breast Cancer Survivors|
|Title:||Identifying potential targets of intervention for reducing pain and improving quality of life among childhood cancer survivors|
|Funding Source:||UCLA’s Johnson Cancer Center Foundation|
|Title:||A Writing Intervention for Chinese Americans|
|Funding Source:||Institute of American Culture Research, UCLA|
|Title:||How Physical and Psychological Health Benefits of Instructed Writing Vary as a Function of the Writing Instructions, Ethnicity, and Personality Attributes|
|Funding Source:||The Society for the Psychological Study of Social Issues|
|Title:||How Physical and Psychological Health Benefits of Instructed Writing Vary as a Function of the Writing Instructions, Ethnicity, and Personality Attributes|
|Funding Source:||American Psychological Foundation (APF)/COGDOP|
|Title:||Using longitudinal and momentary analysis to study the impact of middle school teachers’ stress on student behavior and achievement|
|Funding Source:||Department of Education|