About Dr. Perry
Dr. Rachel Perry attended Medical school at East Tennessee State University –Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City, TN. Dr. Perry completed her t ransitional year at Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, Spartanburg, SC and then went onto Diagnostic Radiology residency at University of Alabama-Birmingham, AL.
Dr. Perry completed her Breast Imaging Fellowship at Houston Methodist, Houston TX and w orked previously with Synergy Radiology Associates as a breast imager at Memorial Hermann, Katy TX and j oined MD Anderson in July 2015 as assistant professor in Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Breast Imaging division, as part of the Memorial Hermann MD Anderson Breast care partnership.
Mentorship, professional career development and advancement, sponsorship, diversity, junior faculty development 3D tomosynthesis imaging guided biopsies and protocols, synthetic mammography, and standardization of breast imaging protocols across a multi-centered health system.
High Risk Screening
|2008||Quillen College of Medicine- East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN, USA, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|2004||Furman University, Greenville, SC, USA, BS, Biology/Pre-medical|
|2013-2014||Clinical Fellowship, Breast Imaging, Houston Methodist, Affiliation with Weill Cornell Medical College, Houston, TX|
|2009-2013||Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, AL|
|2008-2009||Transitional Year, Spartanburg Regional Health Center, Spartanburg, SC|
|2013||American Board of Radiology|
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2019 - 2022
|2007||Alpha Omega Alpha Nominee|
|2004||Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society|
|2003||Tri-Beta Biology Honors Society|
|2003||Alpha Delta Pi Academic Honor Society|
|2002||Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-medical Honors Society|
|2001||Phi Eta Sigma National Honors Society|
- Cohen EO, Lesslie M, Weaver O, Phalak K, Tso H, Perry R, Leung JWT. Batch reading and interrupted interpretation of digital screening mammograms without and with tomosynthesis. J Am Coll Radiol 18:280-293. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 32861601.
- Perry RE, Parikh JR. Mentorship of junior radiologists in nonacademic radiology. Clin Imaging 64:7-10. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32193066.
- Perry RE, Parikh JP. Sponsorship: a proven strategy for promoting career advancement and diversity in radiology. J Am Coll Radiol 16(8):1102-1107, 2019.
- Perry RE, Parikh JR. Developing effective mentor-mentee relationships in radiology. J Am Coll Radiol 15(2):328-333, 2018. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 29289510.
- Perry RE, Parikh JR. Mentorship of junior faculty members in academic radiology. J Am Coll Radiol 14(10):1341-1344, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28579191.
- Weaver O, Cohen E, Perry RE, Tso H, Phalak K, Srinivasan A, Wei W, Leung J. Lateral arm stereotactic biopsy decreases the distance of clip migration. Society of Breast Imaging Conference Proceedings, 2019.
- Cohen E, Perry RE, Srinivasan A, Tso H, Phalak K, Lesslie M, Gerlach K, Leung J. Does tomosynthesis work for everyone?. Radiological Society of North America 104th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting Proceedings, 2018.
- Weaver OO, Cohen E, Perry RE, Tso H, Phalak K, Srinivasan A, Wei W. Comparison of the rate of hematoma formation and the size of hematomas between lateral arm and conventional stereotactic biopsy techniques. European Society of Breast Imaging Proceedings, 2018.
- Weaver O, Cohen EO, Perry RE, Leung JW, Phalak A, Srinivasan A, Tso H. Evaluation of the "lateral arm" stereotactic biopsy approach and its impact on clip migration rate. European Society of Breast Imaging Proceedings, 2017.