About Dr. Legha
Dr. Legha is a board certified diagnostic radiologist who completed his fellowship training in breast and body imaging prior to joining MD Anderson as faculty. Dr. Legha interprets all aspects of diagnostic and interventional breast imaging.
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Quality improvement Implementation of an academic practice in a community setting
Breast cancer screening Multidisciplinary clinical care Tomosynthesis International medicine and public health Education of trainees and staff
|2008||Tulane University of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA, MD, Medicine|
|2004||Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA, MS, Physiology and Biophysics|
|2003||Duke University, Durham, NC, USA, BA, Economics|
|2013-2014||Diagnostic Radiology Fellowship: Breast and Body Imaging, Breast Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2009-2013||Diagnostic Radiology Residency, Breast Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2008-2009||Transitional Internship, Saint Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center, New York, NY|
|2013||American Board of Radiology|
- Kushwaha AC, Shin K, Kalambo M, Legha R, Gerlach KE, Kapoor MM, Yang WT. Overutilization of health care resources for breast pain. American Roentgen Ray Society 211(1):217-223, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29792736.
- Natesan R, Santiago L, Kalambo M, Martaindale S, Legha R, Weaver O, Batsell R, Wei W, Leung JWT, Yang WT. The impact of patient demographics on the selection of breast imaging centers. American Roentgen Ray Society 209(3):W184-W193, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28657849.
- Legha R, Leung JW. Breast cancer screening in: Oncologic imaging: From diagnosis to cure. Oncologic imaging: From diagnosis to cure, 2016.
- Legha R, Elsayes K, Hussain H. Cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. In: Cross-sectional imaging of the abdomen and pelvis: A practical algorithmic approach. Springer: New York, 77-96, 2015.
- Legha R, Khaled E, Shaaban A,. Diffuse metastasis. In: Specialty imaging: Pitfalls and classic signs of the abdomen and pelvis. Elsevier, 2014.