About Dr. Iyer
Revathy Iyer, M.D. joined MD Anderson in July 1993. Dr. Iyer completed her Residency training in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston and is Board Certified in Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Iyer served as Associate Division head for Education at the MD Anderson Cancer Center and is program director for the Body imaging Fellowship program. Dr. Iyer has authored and co-authored multiple scientific papers, presented scientific exhibits and oral presentations at National and International meetings, authored and co-authored chapters in text books, and have lectured Internationally. Her clinical research interests include Imaging of Gynecologic and Gastrointestinal Malignancy.
Present Title & Affiliation
Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Assistant Program Director, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program, The University of Texas at Houston Medical School, Houston, TX
Imaging of Gynecologic and Gastrointestinal Malignancy.
Imaging of Gynecologic and Gastrointestinal Malignancy
Education & Training
|1988||Louisiana State University, New Orleans, LA, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1983||University Of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA, USA, BS, Biology|
|1989-1993||Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX|
|1988-1989||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, The University of Texas, Dallas, TX|
|1993||American Board of Radiology|
Experience & Service
Assistant Program Director, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 2000 - 2010
- Ganeshan D, Iyer RB, Devine C, Bhosale P, Paulson E. Imaging of primary and secondary renal lymphoma. AJR Am J Roentgenol 201(5):W712-9, 2013. PMID: 24147501.
- Bhosale PR, Iyer RB, Wei W, He H. MRI is highly specific in determining primary cervical versus endometrial cancer when biopsy results are inconclusive. Clinical Radiology, 2013.
- Tan CH, Iyer RB. Use of computed tomography in the management of colorectal cancer. World Journal of Radiology 2(5):151-157, 2010.
- Iyer RB, Guo CC, Perrier N. Adrenal pheochromocytoma with surrounding brown fat stimulation. AJR Am J Roentgenol 192(1):300-301, 2009. PMID: 19098214.
- Yu TK, Bhosale PR, Crane CH, Iyer RB, Skibber JM, Rodriguez-Bigas MA, Feig BW, Chang GJ, Eng C, Wolff RA, Janjan NA, Delclos ME, Krishnan S, Das P. Patterns of locoregional recurrence after surgery and radiotherapy or chemoradiation for rectal cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 71(4):1175-1180, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18207667.
- Iyer RB, Faria S, Dubrow R. CT colonography surveillance in patients with a history of colorectal cancer. Abdom Imaging 32(2):234-238, 2007. PMID: 16967249.
- Iyer RB, Balachandran A, Bruzzi JF, Johnson V, Macapinlac HA, Munden RF. PET/CT and hepatic radiation injury in esophageal cancer patients. Cancer Imaging 7:189-194, 2007. e-Pub 2007. PMID: 18055293.
- Kwek JW, Iyer RB, Dunnington J, Faria S, Silverman PM. Spectrum of imaging findings in the abdomen after radiotherapy. AJR Am J Roentgenol 187(5):1204-1211, 2006. PMID: 17056907.
- Kwek JW, Iyer RB. Recurrent ovarian cancer spectrum of imaging findings. AJR Am J Roentgenol 187(1):99-104, 2006. PMID: 16794162.
- Balachandran A, Iyer RB. Imaging ovarian cancer. Appl Radiol 34(9):19-29, 2005.
- Faria SC, Iyer RB, Rashid A, Ellis L, Whitman GJ. Desmoid tumor of the small bowel and the mesentery. AJR Am J Roentgenol 183(1):118, 2004. PMID: 15208123.
- Faria SC, Iyer RB, Rashid A, Whitman GJ. Hepatic adenoma. AJR Am J Roentgenol 182(6):1520, 2004. PMID: 15149999.
- Gayed I, Vu T, Iyer RB, Johnson M, Macapinlac H, Swanston N, Podoloff D. The role of 18F-FDG PET in staging and early prediction of response to therapy of recurrent gastrointestinal stromal tumors. J Nucl Med 45(1):17-21, 2004. PMID: 14734662.
- Iyer RB, Silverman PM, Tamm EP, Dunnington JS, DuBrow RA. Diagnosis, staging, and follow-up of esophageal cancer. AJR Am J Roentgenol 181(3):785-793, 2003. PMID: 12933482.
- Kaur H, Silverman PM, Iyer RB, Verschraegen CF, Eifel PJ, Charnsangavej C. Diagnosis, staging, and surveillance of cervical carcinoma. AJR Am J Roentgenol 180(6):1621-1631, 2003. PMID: 12760933.
- Iyer RB, Libshitz HI. Radiographic demonstration of intercostal lymphatics and lymph nodes. Lymphology 28(2):89-94, 1995. PMID: 7564496.
- Iyer RB, Eftekhari F, Varma D, Jaffe N. Cystic retroperitoneal lymphangioma: CT, ultrasound and MR findings. Pediatr Radiol 23(4):305-306, 1993.