About Dr. Roni Wilke
Dr. Wilke is an assistant professor in the Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. She completed her medical education at Dartmouth Medical school, residency training at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, and fellowship training at MD Anderson.
The ability to be the primary physician and surgeon for patients with gynecologic cancers and pre-invasive disease by administering systemic therapy and offering specialized surgery via laparoscopic, robotic, and open approaches is her calling. She is committed to providing the highest quality evidence-based, multidisciplinary, and honest care to her patients. Her research interests include prevention of hereditary cancer, fertility sparing approaches in young patients with gynecologic cancer, surgical outcomes, and financial barriers to cancer care. She has authored and co-authored original research in numerous peer-reviewed journals.
Assistant Professor, Department of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2020||University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, TX, USA, MPH, Epidemiology|
|2015||Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Hanover, NH, USA, MD, Obstetrics|
|2011||Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, USA, BA, Neuroscience|
|2019-2023||Clinical Fellowship, Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2015-2019||Clinical Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA|
|2020||Merit Award Recipient, The American Society of Clinical Oncology|
|2017||New England Association for Gynecologic Oncology Award for Best Research Presentation|
|2017||Excellent Resident Teacher, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital|
|2015||Alpha Omega Alpha, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth|
|2015||Dartmouth-Mosenthal Surgical Society, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth|
|2015||The Saul Blatman Award for Excellence in Maternal and Child Health, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth|
|2015||The Dean’s Medal for Best Academic Record in the Graduating Class, Gesiel School of Medicine at Dartmouth|
|2011||Marcus Heiman-Martin Rosenthal ’56 Achievement Award for Achievement in the Arts: Dance, Dartmouth College|
|2011||Neuroscience Department Nomination for the Jonathan B. Rintel’s Prize for the best Honors Thesis, Dartmouth College|
|2011||Dean’s Plate Award for Academic Honors and Service to the Community, Dartmouth College|
|2010||David C. Hodgson Endowment for Undergraduate Research Award, Dartmouth College|
- Kahn RM, Ahsan MD, Chapman-Davis E, Holcomb K, Nitecki R, Rauh-Hain JA, Fowlkes RK, Tubito F, Pires M, Christos PJ, Tkachuk K, Krinsky H, Sharaf RN, Offit K, Lipkin S, Frey MK. Barriers to completion of cascade genetic testing: how can we improve the uptake of testing for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer syndrome?. Fam Cancer 22(2):127-133, 2023. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 36207653.
- Meernik C, Jorgensen K, Wu CF, Murphy CC, Baker VL, Brady PC, Nitecki R, Nichols HB, Rauh-Hain JA. Disparities in the use of assisted reproductive technologies after breast cancer: a population-based study. Breast Cancer Res Treat 198(1):149-158, 2023. e-Pub 2023. PMID: 36607486.
- Jorgensen K, Meernik C, Wu CF, Murphy CC, Baker VL, Jarmon P, Brady PC, Nitecki R, Nichols HB, Rauh-Hain JA. Disparities in Fertility-Sparing Treatment and Use of Assisted Reproductive Technology After a Diagnosis of Cervical, Ovarian, or Endometrial Cancer. Obstet Gynecol 141(2):341-353, 2023. e-Pub 2023. PMID: 36649345.
- Jorgensen K, Nitecki R, Nichols HB, Fu S, Wu CF, Melamed A, Brady P, Chavez Mac Gregor M, Clapp MA, Giordano S, Rauh-Hain JA. Obstetric and Neonatal Outcomes 1 or More Years After a Diagnosis of Breast Cancer. Obstet Gynecol 140(6):939-949, 2022. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 36357983.
- Frey MK, Ahsan MD, Bergeron H, Lin J, Li X, Fowlkes RK, Narayan P, Nitecki R, Rauh-Hain JA, Moss HA, Baltich Nelson B, Thomas C, Christos PJ, Hamilton JG, Chapman-Davis E, Cantillo E, Holcomb K, Kurian AW, Lipkin S, Offit K, Sharaf RN. Cascade Testing for Hereditary Cancer Syndromes: Should We Move Toward Direct Relative Contact? A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. J Clin Oncol 40(35):4129-4143, 2022. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35960887.
- Nitecki R, Melamed A, Gockley AA, Floyd J, Krause KJ, Coleman RL, Matulonis UA, Giordano SH, Lu KH, Rauh-Hain JA. Incidence of myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia in patients receiving poly-ADP ribose polymerase inhibitors for the treatment of solid tumors: A meta-analysis of randomized trials. Gynecol Oncol 161(3):653-659, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33736856.