Assistant Professor, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
My research interest centers on characterizing prognostic and predictive genomic biomarkers in head and neck cancers. Since joining the faculty at MD Anderson in 2019, I have established a translational laboratory focused on thyroid cancer genomics. Specifically, my research focuses on understanding genomic alterations that drive aggressive tumor behavior across thyroid cancers and therapeutic resistance. I am the PI of a prospective observational study PA19-0402 titled “Biomarkers in thyroid cancer associated with aggressive behavior, treatment response, and survival outcomes”. Since its inception, we have enrolled a total of 143 patients. Moreover, I have successfully obtained competitive external peer-reviewed funding as a Principal Investigator from the Mark Foundation for Cancer Research and the American Thyroid Association for projects titled “ Intratumor Heterogeneity in Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma: Implications for Treatment Resistance” ($500,000 over 2 years) and “Defining the Role of SWI/SNF Mutations in Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma" ($50,000 over 2 years). As co-PI, I led the writing of an additional grant we successfully captured from the Gateway for Cancer Research totaling $800,000 over 3 years titled: “Targeted Therapy Combined with Pembrolizumab in Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer: Two Phase II Clinical Trials”. I also lead the data and tissue core as well as the ATC tumor evolution project within the Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Multidisciplinary Petrick Research Fund. Moreover, I am a collaborator on two phase II clinical trials examining the utilization of neoadjuvant targeted therapy in advanced thyroid cancers.
In addition to the procurement of multiple research grants/funds, I have led practice changing research in the area of advanced thyroid cancers including the following:
· Co-first author publication titled: “Complete Surgical Resection Following Neoadjuvant Dabrafenib Plus Trametinib in BRAF V600E -Mutated Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma” published in August 2019, which was featured as the cover story in Thyroid, one of the top journals in the field. This was a practice changing publication demonstrating the utility of surgery following neoadjuvant targeted therapy in ATC, which has since been incorporated into the 2021 American Thyroid Association guidelines for the treatment of ATC.
· First author publication titled: “Impact of Somatic Mutations on Survival Outcomes in Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma Patients” which was presented as a poster discussion at ASCO with a Merit award and has been accepted for publication in JCO precision oncology. This is the largest clinical series published to date demonstrating the importance of mutation testing in ATC. As a result of these findings, mutation testing has been incorporated into routine clinical care of ATC patients at MDACC as well as ATA guidelines.
· Co-first author publication titled: “Anaplastic Transformation Model in Thyroid Cancer Revealed by Single Cell Lineage and Fate Analysis” which is under review at Nature Cell Biology. This is the most comprehensive study to date examining tumor evolution in papillary and anaplastic thyroid cancers using single-cell sequencing.
· Co-authored additional 10 publications related to advanced thyroid cancers
In addition to the above contributions, I have also closely collaborated with Dr. Wenyi Wang (Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology) and Dr. Nick Navin (Department of Genetics) to develop novel prognostic genomic biomarkers across cancers, which has resulted in high impact publications. Resulting from my collaborations with Wenyi Wang, I am a co-first author on a manuscript titled “Estimation of tumor cell total mRNA expression in 6,590 cancers predicts disease progression”, which has published in Nature Biotechnology (impact factor 54.91). In this work, we identified a novel metric “tumor-specific total mRNA expression”, which is prognostic across 15 cancer types. Moreover, I am a co-investigator on Dr. Wenyi Wang’s R01 titled “ Statistical Methods for Genomic Analysis of Heterogeneous Tumors”, where we will utilize tumors collected from patients enrolled in PA19-0402 to understand how tumor heterogeneity impacts thyroid cancer evolution and prognosis. From my collaboration with Dr. Nick Navin, we identified a novel method to profile copy number alterations across cancers, which resulted in a manuscript titled “Delineating copy number and clonal substructure in human tumors from single-cell transcriptomes” published in Nature Biotechnology in 2021.
My clinical practice is centered on providing the highest quality of care for patients with head and neck cancers. I practice within both the Head and Neck center and the Endocrine center. A significant portion of my practice is dedicated to the treatment of thyroid cancers, including patients with locoregionally advanced, recurrent, and/or aggressive disease. I am a core member of the Facilitating Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Specialized Treatment Team (FAST), an innovative multidisciplinary program aimed at providing rapid, personalized care to patients with anaplastic thyroid cancer (ATC), an extremely rare and lethal cancer. This program is unique in the United States and worldwide. As a result of the FAST program, MD Anderson currently treats the highest number of patients with ATC in the United States. I perform technically challenging surgeries on these highly complex patients and have led practice changing research in this disease outlined in the “Research” section below. For example, we have pioneered the utilization of neoadjuvant targeted therapy followed by surgical resection in ATC (Wang et al., 2019 titled “Complete Surgical Resection Following Neoadjuvant Dabrafenib Plus Trametinib in BRAFV600E -Mutated Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma”). As a result of these advances and others, we have been able to significantly improve the survival and quality of life of ATC patients. In addition to advanced head and neck endocrine surgery for thyroid cancer patients, I also provide surgical care of patients with benign thyroid and parathyroid diseases.
In FY21, I expanded my clinical practice in the head and neck center to also include care of patients with advanced upper aerodigestive tract tumors, salivary gland tumors and skin malignancies. I also perform transoral robotic surgery for oropharynx cancers. As a member of the endocrine and head and neck multidisciplinary team, I participate in weekly Endocrine Multidisciplinary, Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Multidisciplinary, and Head & Neck Multidisciplinary conferences; and have close collaborative relationships with colleagues within and outside of the Department of Head and Neck Surgery.
|2015||Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA, ScM, Master of Science, Genetic Epidemiology|
|2010||University of Toronto, Toronto, CAN, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|2006||McMaster University, Hamilton, CAN, BHSc, Bachelor of Health Sciences|
|2017-2018||Clinical Fellowship, Advanced Head and Neck Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2013-2015||Research Residency, Clinician Investigator Program, University of Toronto, Toronto|
|2010-2017||Clinical Residency, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto|
|2017||Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada|
Associate Medical Director, Endocrine Center, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2021 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Faculty Senate, 2022 - Present
Member, Physician Advisory Board, 2019 - Present
Voting Member, MD Anderson Data and Biospecimen Access Committee (DBAC), 2019 - Present
Member, MD Anderson Endocrine Center Steering Committee, 2019 - Present
Member, MD Anderson Department of Head and Neck Surgery Clinical Operations Team (HNS COLT), 2019 - Present
|2018||Conquer Cancer Foundation Merit Award, American Society of Clinical Oncology|
|2018||Fellow, ECCO-AACR-EORTC-ESMO Methods in Clinical Cancer Research|
|2015||Chapnik, Freeman & Friedberg Clinician-Scientist Award, University of Toronto|
|2014||William S. Fenwick Research Fellowship Award, University of Toronto|
|2014||Alando J. Ballantyne Resident Research Award, American Head and Neck Society|
|2010||Hugh Barber Scholarship in Otolaryngology, University of Toronto|
- Wang JR, Montierth M, Xu L, Goswami M, Zhao X, Cote G, Wang W, Iyer P, Dadu R, Busaidy NL, Lai SY, Gross ND, Ferrarotto R, Lu C, Gunn GB, Williams MD, Routbort M, Zafereo ME, Cabanillas ME. Impact of Somatic Mutations on Survival Outcomes in Patients With Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma. JCO Precis Oncol 6:e2100504, 2022. PMID: 35977347.
- Maniakas A, Henderson YC, Hei H, Peng S, Chen Y, Jiang Y, Ji S, Cardenas M, Chiu Y, Bell D, Williams MD, Hofmann MC, Scherer SE, Wheeler DA, Busaidy NL, Dadu R, Wang JR, Cabanillas ME, Zafereo M, Johnson FM, Lai SY. Novel anaplastic thyroid cancer PDXs and cell lines: Expanding preclinical models of genetic diversity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 106(11):e4652-e4665, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34147031.
- Qin Y, Wang JR, Wang Y, Iyer P, Cote GJ, Busaidy NL, Dadu R, Zafereo M, Williams MD, Ferrarotto R, Gunn GB, Wei P, Patel K, Hofmann MC, Cabanillas ME. Clinical Utility of Circulating Cell-free DNA Mutations in Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma. Thyroid 31(8):1235-1243, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33599171.
- Gao R, Bai S, Henderson YC, Lin Y, Schalck A, Yan Y, Kumar T, Hu M, Sei E, Davis A, Wang F, Shaitelman SF, Wang JR, Chen K, Moulder S, Lai SY, Navin NE. Delineating copy number and clonal substructure in human tumors from single-cell transcriptomes. Nat Biotechnol 39(5):599-608, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33462507.
- Jozaghi Y, Zafereo M, Williams MD, Gule-Monroe MK, Wang JR, Grubbs EG, Vaporciyan A, Hu MI, Busaidy N, Dadu R, Waguespack SG, Subbiah V, Cabanillas M. Neoadjuvant selpercatinib for advanced medullary thyroid cancer. Head Neck 43(1):E7-E12, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33169506.
- Jiang Y, Yu K, Ji S, Shin SJ, Cao S, Montierth MD, Huang L, Kopetz S, Msaouel P, Wang JR, Kimmel M, Zhu H, Wang W. CliP: subclonal architecture reconstruction of cancer cells in DNA sequencing data using a penalized likelihood model. bioRxiv, 2021.
- Wang JR, Cao S, Ji S, Yang P, Chen J, Montierth MD, Shen JP, Lee, JJ, Guerrero PA, Yu K, Livingstone J, Bhandari V, Hubert SM, Daw NC, Futreal PA, Efstathiou E, Lim B, Vaile A, Zhang J, Maitra A, Kopetz S, Campbell P, Speed TP, Boutros PC, Urbanucci A, Zhu H, Demeulemeester J, Van Loo P, Wang W. Differing total mRNA expression shapes the molecular and clinical phenotype of cancer. bioRxiv, 2020.
- Cabanillas ME, Dadu R, Iyer P, Wanland KB, Busaidy NL, Ying A, Gule-Monroe M, Wang JR, Zafereo M, Hofmann MC. Acquired Secondary RAS Mutation in BRAFV600E-Mutated Thyroid Cancer Patients Treated with BRAF Inhibitors. Thyroid 30(9):1288-1296, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32216548.
- Maniakas A, Dadu R, Busaidy NL, Wang JR, Ferrarotto R, Lu C, Williams MD, Gunn GB, Hofmann MC, Cote G, Sperling J, Gross ND, Sturgis EM, Goepfert RP, Lai SY, Cabanillas ME, Zafereo M. Evaluation of Overall Survival in Patients With Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma, 2000-2019. JAMA Oncol 6(9):1397-1404, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32761153.
- Anastasios Maniakas A, Mohamed A, Henderson Y, Hei H, Peng S, Bell D, Williams MD, Scherer S, Wheeler DA, Clayman GL, Zafereo M, Wang JR, Cabanillas ME, Stephan C, Johnson FM, Lai SY. In vivo drug response evaluation in anaplastic thyroid cancer patient-derived tumor xenografts following high-throughput screening. American Association for Cancer Research 80(16 Supplement):1662-1662, 2020.
- Jozaghi Y, Zafereo ME, Perrier ND, Wang JR, Grubbs E, Gross ND, Fisher S, Sturgis EM, Goepfert RP, Lai SY, Best C, Busaidy NL, Cabanillas ME, Dadu R, Gagel RF, Habra MA, Hu MI, Jimenez C, Sherman SI, Thosani S, Varghese J, Waguespack SG, Weitzman S, Ying AK, Graham PH. Endocrine surgery in the Coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic: Surgical Triage Guidelines. Head Neck 42(6):1325-1328, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32437031.
- MD Anderson Head and Neck Surgery Treatment Guidelines Consortium, Consortium members, Maniakas A, Jozaghi Y, Zafereo ME, Sturgis EM, Su SY, Gillenwater AM, Gidley PW, Lewis CM, Diaz E, Goepfert RP, Kupferman ME, Gross ND, Hessel AC, Pytynia KB, Nader ME, Wang JR, Lango MN, Kiong KL, Guo T, Zhao X, Yao CMKL, Appelbaum E, Alpard J, Garcia JA, Terry S, Flynn JE, Bauer S, Fournier D, Burgess CG, Wideman C, Johnston M, You C, De Luna R, Joseph L, Diersing J, Prescott K, Heiberger K, Mugartegui L, Rodriguez J, Zendehdel S, Sellers J, Friddell RA, Thomas A, Khanjae SJ, Schwarzlose KB, Chambers MS, Hofstede TM, Cardoso RC, Wesson RA, Won A, Otun AO, Gombos DS, Al-Zubidi N, Hutcheson KA, Gunn GB, Rosenthal DI, Gillison ML, Ferrarotto R, Weber RS, Hanna EY, Myers JN, Lai SY. Head and neck surgical oncology in the time of a pandemic: Subsite-specific triage guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. Head Neck 42(6):1194-1201, 2020. PMID: 32342541.
- Ren J, Xu W, Su J, Ren X, Cheng D, Chen Z, Bender N, Mirshams M, Habbous S, de Almeida JR, Perez-Ordonez B, Goldstein DP, Wang JR, Bratman SV, Huang SH, Jang R, Zhao Y, Waterboer T, Hung RJ, Liu G. Multiple imputation and clinico-serological models to predict human papillomavirus status in oropharyngeal carcinoma: An alternative when tissue is unavailable. Int J Cancer 146(8):2166-2174, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31269236.
- Wang JR, Nurgalieva Z, Fu S, Tam S, Zhao H, Giordano SH, Hutcheson KA, Lewis CM. Utilization of rehabilitation services in patients with head and neck cancer in the United States: A SEER-Medicare analysis. Head Neck 41(9):3299-3308, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31240808.
- Wang JR, Zafereo ME, Dadu R, Ferrarotto R, Busaidy NL, Lu C, Ahmed S, Gule-Monroe MK, Williams MD, Sturgis EM, Goepfert RP, Gross ND, Lai SY, Gunn GB, Phan J, Rosenthal DI, Fuller CD, Morrison WH, Iyer P, Cabanillas ME. Complete Surgical Resection Following Neoadjuvant Dabrafenib Plus Trametinib in BRAFV600E-Mutated Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma. Thyroid 29(8):1036-1043, 2019. PMID: 31319771.
- Ren S, Gaykalova D, Wang JR, Guo T, Danilova L, Favorov A, Fertig E, Bishop J, Khan Z, Flam E, Wysocki PT, DeJong P, Ando M, Liu C, Sakai A, Fukusumi T, Haft S, Sadat S, Califano JA. Discovery and development of differentially methylated regions in human papillomavirus-related oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer 143(10):2425-2436, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30070359.
- Tao Y, Sturgis EM, Huang Z, Wang Y, Wei P, Wang JR, Wei Q, Li G. TGFβ1 Genetic Variants Predict Clinical Outcomes of HPV-Positive Oropharyngeal Cancer Patients after Definitive Radiotherapy. Clin Cancer Res 24(9):2225-2233, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29463556.
- Gama RR, Song Y, Zhang Q, Brown MC, Wang JR, Habbous S, Tong L, Huang SH, O’Sullivan B, Waldron J, Xu W, Goldstein D, Liu G. Body mass index and prognosis in patients with head and neck cancer. Head & Neck 39(6):1226-1233, 2017.
- Wang JR, Habbous S, Espin-Garcia O, Chen D, Huang SH, Simpson C, Xu W, Liu FF, Brown DH, Gilbert RW, Gullane PJ, Irish JC, Goldstein DP, Liu G. Comorbidity and performance status as independent prognostic factors in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Head Neck 38(5):736-42, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25521753.
- Wang JR, Gramling SJ, Goldstein DP, Cheng D, Chen D, Azad AK, Tse A, Hon H, Chen Z, Mirshams M, Simpson C, Huang SH, Marquez S, O'Sullivan B, Liu FF, Roberts H, Xu W, Brown DH, Gilbert RW, Gullane PJ, Irish JC, Reisman DN, Liu G. Association of two BRM promoter polymorphisms with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma risk. Carcinogenesis 34(5):1012-7, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23322154.
- Wang, JR. Parnes LS. Superior semicircular canal dehiscence associated with external, middle, and inner ear abnormalities. The Laryngoscope 120(2):390-393, 2010.
- Wang JR, Yuen HW, Shipp DB, Lin VYW, Chen JM, Nedzelski JM. Cochlear Implantation in Patients with Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease (Including Cogan's Syndrome): A Comparison with Age and Sex Matched Controls. The Laryngoscope 120(12):2478-2483, 2010.
- Higgins KM, Wang JR. State of head and neck surgical oncology research--a review and critical appraisal of landmark studies. Head Neck 30(12):1636-42, 2008. PMID: 18642286.
- Douketis J, Wang JR, Cuddy K, Wagler M, Kinnon K, Crowther M. The safety of coadministered continuous epidural analgesia and low-molecular-weight heparin after major orthopedic surgery: assessment of a standardized patient management protocol. Thromb haemost 96(3):387-9, 2006.
- Cao S, Wang JR, Ji S, Yang P, Dai Y, Guo S, Montierth MD, Shen JP, Zhao X, Chen J, Lee JJ, Guerrero PA, Spetsieris N, Engedal N, Taavitsainen S, Yu K, Livingstone J, Bhandari V, Hubert SM, Daw NC, Futreal PA, Efstathiou E, Lim B, Viale A, Zhang J, Nykter M, Czerniak BA, Brown PH, Swanton C, Msaouel P, Maitra A, Kopetz S, Campbell P, Speed TP, Boutros PC, Zhu H, Urbanucci A, Demeulemeester J, Van Loo P, Wang W. Estimation of tumor cell total mRNA expression in 15 cancer types predicts disease progression. Nat Biotechnol. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35697807.
- Henderson YC, Mohamed ASR, Maniakas A, Chen Y, Powell RT, Peng S, Cardenas M, Williams MD, Bell D, Zafereo ME, Wang JR, Scherer SE, Wheeler DA, Cabanillas ME, Hofmann MC, Johnson FM, Stephan CC, Sandulache V, Lai SY. A High-Throughput Approach to Identify Effective Systemic Agents for the Treatment of Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 39(5):599-608. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34120183.
- Chasen NN, Wang JR, Gan Q, Ahmed S. Imaging of Cervical Lymph Nodes in Thyroid Cancer. Neuroimaging Clin N Am 31(3):313-326, 2021. PMID: 34243866.
- Cabanillas ME, Ahmed S, Wang JR. Management of Anaplastic and Recurrent Differentiated Thyroid Cancer: Indications for Surgical Resection, Molecular Testing, and Systemic Therapy. Neuroimaging Clin N Am 31(3):359-366, 2021. PMID: 34243870.
- Contrera KJ, Gule-Monroe MK, Cabanillas ME, Hu MI, Busaidy NL, Dadu R, Waguespack SG, Wang JR, Myers J, Grubbs EG, Subbiah V, Williams MD, Zafereo ME. Neoadjuvant selective RET inhibitor for Medullary Thyroid Cancer: A Case Series. American Head and Neck Society 2022 Annual Meeting, 2022.
- Chen X, Wang JR, Henderson Y, Yan Y, Bai S, Kieser R, Hu M, Wang J, Navin N, Lai S, Gao R. Single cell transcriptome analysis maps dynamic epithelial mesenchymal transition and immunological remodeling in thyroid cancer progression. Cancer Research 81(13 Supplement):93, 2021.
- Cabanillas ME, Dadu R, Ferrarotto R, Liu S, Fellman B, Gross ND, Gule-Monroe M, Lu C, Grosu H, Williams MD, Duose DY, Mallampati S, Dervin S, Mckenna EF, Wang JR, Zafereo ME, Busaidy N. Atezolizumab combinations with targeted therapy for anaplastic thyroid carcinoma (ATC). Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2020.
- Wang JR, Cote G, Zafereo ME, Iyer P, Dadu R, Busaidy N, Gross ND, Sturgis E, Ferrarotto R, Lu C, Gunn GB, Myers J, Lai S, Williams M, Cabanillas M. Facilitating rapid precision oncology in anaplastic thyroid cancer: Clinical implications of next generation sequencing (NGS) mutation testing and impact on survival. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 2020.
- Wang JR, Zafereo ME, Dadu R, Ferrarotto R, Busaidy NL, Lu C, Ahmed S, Williams MD, Sturgis EM, Goepfert RP, Gross ND, Lai SY, Gunn GB, Phan J, Rosenthal D, Morrison W, Iyer P, Cabanillas ME. Neoadjuvant targeted therapy followed by surgical resection in BRAFV600E-mutated anaplastic thyroid carcinoma. American Thyroid Association 2018 Annual Meeting, 2018.
- Wang JR, Cote GJ, Zafereo M, Iyer PC, Dadu R, Busaidy NL, Gross ND, Sturgis E, Ferraroto R, Lu C, Gunn GB, Myers J, Lai SY, Williams MD, Cabanillas ME. Facilitating rapid precision oncology in anaplastic thyroid cancer: clinical implications for next generation sequencing (NGS) mutation testing and impact on survival. American Society of Clinical Oncology 2018 Annual Meeting, 2018.
- Wang JR, Espin-Garcia O, Cheng D, Kong Q, Huang SH, Girgis H, Bruce J, Liu FF, O’Sullivan B, Waldron J, Weinreb I, Brown DH, Gilbert RW, Gullane PJ, Irish JC, Goldstein DP, Bairati I, Meyer F, Xu W, Reisman D, Liu G. Germline variants in chromatin remodeling pathways and survival outcomes in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Clinician Investigator Trainee Association of Canada & The Canadian Society for Clinical Investigation Annual Meeting, 2014.
- Wang JR, Espin-Garcia O, Chen D, Chen D, Huang SH, Girgis H, Liu F, Xu W, Weinreb, I, Reisman DN, Brown DH, Gilbert RW, Gullane PJ, Irish JC, Goldstein DP and Liu G. Two BRM promoter polymorphisms predict survival outcomes in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. IFHNOS 5th World Congress/American Head & Neck Society 2014 Annual Meeting, 2014.
- Wang JR, Espin-Garcia O, Chen D, Chen D, Huang SH, O’Sullivan B, Liu F, Xu W, Reisman DN, Brown DH, Gilbert RW, Gullane PJ, Irish JC, Goldstein DP and Liu G. Association of two BRM promoter polymorphisms with oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma survival. Poliquin Residents Competition, Canadian Society of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 2013.
- Wang JR, Goldstein DP, Liu G. Association of BRM Promoter Polymorphisms with Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma Risk. 21st Annual Percy Ireland Academic Day, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of Toronto, 2012.
- Wang JR, Yuen HW, Shipp DB, Lin VYW, Chen JM, Nedzelski JM. Cochlear Implantation in Patients with Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease (Including Cogan's Syndrome): A Comparison with Age and Sex Matched Controls. The Triological Society Combined Sections Meeting, February 4, 2010, 2010.
- Wang JR (presenting). Safety of Co-administered Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin and Continuous Epidural Analgesia after Orthopedic Surgery. 46th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology, 2004.
- Cabanillas ME, Ahmed S, Wang JR. Management of Anaplastic and Recurrent Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. In: Thyroid and Parathyroid Imaging. Elsevier, 359, 2021.
- Cabanillas ME, Wang JR. A Patient with BRAFV600E-Mutated Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer with Metastatic Disease. In: Thyroid Cancer. 1. Springer, 391-396, 2021.
- Wang JR. Benign Neoplasms of the Salivary Glands. In: Cummings Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. 7. Elsevier, 2020.
- Wang JR, Bell D, Ferrarotto R, Weber RS, Su S. Malignant Salivary Tumors. Surgery of the Salivary Glands. In: Health Sciences. 1. Elsevier, 286-302, 2019.
- Fernandez V, Oyewumi M, Wang JR. The Head & Neck Exam. In: Essentials of Clinical Examination Handbook. 6, 2010.
|Title:||Defining the Role of SWI/SNF Mutations in Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma|
|Funding Source:||American Thyroid Association and ThyCA: Thyroid Cancer Survivors’ Association (ThyCa)|
|Title:||Chromatin Remodeling and Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma|
|Funding Source:||American Head and Neck Society Alando J. Ballantyne Resident Research Pilot Grant|
|Title:||Expression of chromatin proteins in primary oral squamous cell carcinoma tumors|
|Funding Source:||Harry Barberian Research Grant|
|Title:||Intratumor Heterogeneity in Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma: Implications for Treatment Resistance|
|Funding Source:||The Mark Foundation for Cancer Research, ASPIRE Grant|
|Title:||Statistical methods for genomic analysis of heterogeneous tumors|