About Dr. Ryan J Park
Dr. Park is a radiation oncologist and physician-scientist specializing in the treatment of genitourinary cancers. He leads a lab that applies systems-level and mechanistic tools to patient samples and mouse models to discover regulators of tumor immune activation and suppression and pave the way for novel immunotherapies. He received his BS and MS in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry from Yale University and his MD from the Harvard Medical School/MIT Health Sciences and Technology program. He completed a residency in radiation oncology at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Massachusetts General Hospital through the Harvard Radiation Oncology Program and his postdoctoral research training at the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard in the laboratory of Nir Hacohen.
Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of GU Radiation Oncology, Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2018||Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA, MD, Harvard-MIT Health Sciences and Technology (HST)|
|2012||Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA, BS, Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry|
|2012||Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA, MS, Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry|
|2019-2023||Clinical Residency, Radiation Oncology, ABR Holman Research Pathway, Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, Boston, MA|
|2019-2023||Clinical Fellowship, Requlators and mechanisms of tumor immune modulation by radiation therapy, Hacohen Laboratory, Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, Boston, MA|
|2018-2019||Clinical Internship, Internal Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA|
|2013-2016||Research Fellowship, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chevy Chase, MA|
|2023||American Board of Radiology|
- Nathan A, Rossin EJ, Kaseke C, Park RJ , Khatri A, Koundakjian D, Urbach JM, Singh NK, Bashirova A, Tano-Menka R, Senjobe F, Waring MT, Piechocka-Trocha A, Garcia-Beltran WF, Iafrate AJ, Naranbhai V, Carrington M, Walker BD, Gaiha GD. Structure-guided T cell vaccine design for SARS-CoV-2 variants and sarbecoviruses. Cell 184(17):4401-4413.e10, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34265281.
- Kaseke C, Park RJ , Singh NK, Koundakjian D, Bashirova A, Garcia Beltran WF, Takou Mbah OC, Ma J, Senjobe F, Urbach JM, Nathan A, Rossin EJ, Tano-Menka R, Khatri A, Piechocka-Trocha A, Waring MT, Birnbaum ME, Baker BM, Carrington M, Walker BD, Gaiha GD. HLA class-I-peptide stability mediates CD8+ T cell immunodominance hierarchies and facilitates HLA-associated immune control of HIV. Cell Rep 36(2):109378, 2021. PMID: 34260940.
- Park RJ , Wang T, Koundakjian D, Hultquist JF, Lamothe-Molina P, Monel B, Schumann K, Yu H, Krupzcak KM, Garcia-Beltran W, Piechocka-Trocha A, Krogan NJ, Marson A, Sabatini DM, Lander ES, Hacohen N, Walker BD. A genome-wide CRISPR screen identifies a restricted set of HIV host dependency factors. Nat Genet 49(2):193-203, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27992415.
- Chen CA, Park RJ , Hegde JV, Jun T, Christman MP, Yoo SM, Yamasaki A, Berhanu A, Vohra-Khullar P, Remus K, Schwartzstein RM, Weinstein AR. How we used a patient visit tracker tool to advance experiential learning in systems-based practice and quality improvement in a medical student clinic. Med Teach 38(1):36-40, 2016. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25401409.
- Park RJ , Shen H, Liu L, Liu X, Ferguson SM, De Camilli P. Dynamin triple knockout cells reveal off target effects of commonly used dynamin inhibitors. J Cell Sci 126(Pt 22):5305-12, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24046449.
- Shen H, Ferguson SM, Dephoure N, Park R , Yang Y, Volpicelli-Daley L, Gygi S, Schlessinger J, De Camilli P. Constitutive activated Cdc42-associated kinase (Ack) phosphorylation at arrested endocytic clathrin-coated pits of cells that lack dynamin. Mol Biol Cell 22(4):493-502, 2011. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 21169560.