Present Title & Affiliation
Assistant Professor, Department of Radiation Physics - Patient Care, Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Education & Training
|2020-2022||Clinical Residency, Medical Physics Resident, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2018-2020||Research Fellowship, Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Imaging Physics , MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
Experience & Service
Advanced Fellow, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - 2022
Institutional Committee Activities
Committee Member, Radiation Oncology Quality and Safety Committee , 2021 - Present
Committee Member, Radiation Oncology Diversity and Inclusion Committee , 2021 - Present
Committee Member, Radiation Oncology APEx Re-Accreditation Committee, 2021 - 2022
Committee Member, Radiation Oncology Nomenclature Committee, 2021 - Present
Trainee Representative, Clinical Health Educational Programs (CHEP) Leadership Committee, 2021 - 2022
Committee Member, Radiation Oncology CS&E project #31: Reducing Interruptions, 2021 - 2022
Committee Member, Member, Medical Physics Student Curriculum Committee, 2014 - 2015
Liason, First-year student liaison, Medical Physics Student Council , 2014 - 2015
Honors & Awards
|2020||Caroline Ross Fellowship Award, The MD Anderson Brain Tumor Center|
|2018||SPIE Physics of Medical Imaging Student Paper Award- Runner up, 2018 SPIE Physics of Medical Imaging Conference|
|2018||Ellen Taylor Goldin Legacy Scholarship, The University of Texas MD Anderson UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences|
|2017||Early Career Scholarship , Winter Institute of Medical Physics|
|2016||George M. Stancel, PhD Fellowship in the Biomedical Sciences , The University of Texas MD Anderson UTHealth Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences|
|2013||Best Undergraduate Paper, South Texas Chapter Health Physics Society|
- Thrower SL, Al Feghali KA, Luo D, Paddick I, Hou P, Briere T, Li J, McAleer MF, McGovern SL, Woodhouse KD, Yeboa DN, Brock KK, Chung C. The Effect of Slice Thickness on Contours of Brain Metastases for Stereotactic Radiosurgery. Adv Radiat Oncol 6(4):100708, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34124413.
- Jacobsen MC, Thrower SL, Ger RB, Leng S, Court LE, Brock KK, Tamm EP, Cressman ENK, Cody DD, Layman RR. Multi-energy computed tomography and material quantification: Current barriers and opportunities for advancement. Med Phys 47(8):3752-3771, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32453879.
- Thrower SL, Kandala SK, Fuentes D, Stefan W, Sowko N, Huang M, Mathieu K, Hazle JD. A compressed sensing approach to immobilized nanoparticle localization for superparamagnetic relaxometry. Phys Med Biol 64(19):194001, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31422952.
- Mathieu KB, Bedi DG, Thrower SL, Qayyum A, Bast RC. Screening for ovarian cancer: imaging challenges and opportunities for improvement. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 51(3):293-303, 2018. PMID: 28639753.
- Sovizi J, Mathieu KB, Thrower SL, Stefan W, Hazle JD, Fuentes D. Gaussian process classification of superparamagnetic relaxometry data: Phantom study. Artif Intell Med 82:47-59, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28911905.
- Thrower SL, Shaitelman SF, Bloom E, Salehpour M, Gifford K. Comparison of Dose Distributions With TG-43 and Collapsed Cone Convolution Algorithms Applied to Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation Patient Plans. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 95(5):1520-1526, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27315666.
Grant & Contract Support
|Title:||Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA Individual Predoctoral Fellowship|
|Title:||ASTRO-AAPM Physics Resident/Post-Doctoral Fellow Seed Grant|
|Funding Source:||American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)|
|Title:||MD Anderson Cancer Center ROSI Advanced Imaging Seed Award|
|Funding Source:||MD Anderson|