Assistant Professor, Department of Department of Palliative, Rehabilitation, and Integrative Medicine, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Adjunct Professor, Division of School of Education, University of Houston Clear Lake, Clear Lake, TX
|2008||St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, TX, USA, PHD, Marriage and Family, Applied Neuroscience|
|2003||University of Houston, Clear Lake, TX, USA, MA, Behavioral Science, Marriage and Family|
|1999||University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA, BS, Psychology|
|2015-2015||Visiting Fellowship, Multimodality Biomedical Imaging, Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Boston, MA|
|2014-2014||fMRI Visiting Fellowship, Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Boston, MA|
|2010-2014||Postdoctoral Research/Clinical Fellowship, Integrative Medicine/Applied Neuroscience, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of General Oncology, Integrative Medicine Program, Division of Cancer Medicine, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Hospital, Houston, TX, 2010 - 2015
Graduate Assistant, Neurofeedback, St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, TX, 2006 - 2007
Graduate Assistant, AAMFT Beta Test Group, St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, TX, 2005 - 2006
Clinical liaison for patients, families, psychologists and physicians, The Brookwood Community, Houston, TX, 2004 - Present
Intern, The University of Texas Medical School, Department of Family Practice and Community Medicine, Houston, TX, 2002 - 2003
Surgical Assistant and patient liaison, The Ermosa Centre for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Houston, TX, 1996 - 2002
|2014||MacLean Neuroscience Scholar Travel Award, American Psychosomatic Society|
|2013||Helen Moss Early Investigators, Society for Integrative Oncology|
|2013||First Place Trainee for Excellence in Research, Cancer Survivorship Research Retreat|
|2012||Genie Bodenhamer Davis Scholarship for Most Promising Neurofeedback Student, Genie Bodenhamer Davis|
|2009||Fellow, International Society for Neurofeedback and Research|
|2002||Psi Chi National Honor Society|
|1999||Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society|
- McQuade JL, Prinsloo S, Chang DZ, Spelman A, Wei Q, Basen-Engquist K, Harrison C, Zhang Z, Kuban D, Lee A, Cohen L. Qigong/Tai chi for sleep and fatigue in prostate cancer patients undergoing radiotherapy: A randomized controlled trial. Psychooncology 26(11):1936-1943, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27548839.
- Prinsloo S, Novy D, Driver L, Lyle R, Ramondetta L, Eng C, McQuade J, Lopez G, Cohen L. Randomized Controlled Trial of Neurofeedback on Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy: A Pilot Study. Cancer 123(11):1989-1997, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28257146.
- Prinsloo S, Ratcliff C,. A Randomized Controlled Trial of Brief Mindfulness Meditation for Women Undergoing Stereotactic Breast Biopsy. Psychosomatic Research, 2016.
- Prinsloo S, Novy D, Driver L, Ramondetta L, Eng C, Lopez G, Lee R, Lyle R, Cohen L. (552) Neurofeedback to treat chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy (CIPN). J Pain 17(4S):S112-S113, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 28162360.
- Prinsloo S, Wei Q, Scott SM, Tannir N, Jonasch E, Pisters L, Cohen L. Psychological states, serum markers and survival: associations and predictors of survival in patients with renal cell carcinoma. J Behav Med 38(1):48-56, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24935017.
- Prinsloo S, Gabel S, Data L, Lyle R. Neurofeedback for chemotherapy induced neuropathic symptoms: a case study. Journal of Neuroregulation, 2014.
- Prinsloo S, Gabel S, Lyle R, Cohen L. Neuromodulation of cancer pain. Integr Cancer Ther 13(1):30-7, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23439659.
- Prinsloo S,Ratcliff CG, Richardson M, Baynham-Fletcher L, Lee R, Chaoul A, Cohen MZ, de Lima M, Cohen L. Music therapy for patients who have undergone hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2014:742941, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24527052.
- Cohen L, Cole SW, Sood AK, Prinsloo S, Kirschbaum C, Arevalo JM, Jennings NB, Scott S, Vence L, Wei Q, Kentor D, Radvanyi L, Tannir N, Jonasch E, Tamboli P, Pisters L. Depressive symptoms and cortisol rhythmicity predict survival in patients with renal cell carcinoma: role of inflammatory signaling. PLoS One 7(8):e42324, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22870317.
- Prinsloo S, Lyle R. Client Perception of the Neurofeedback Experience: The Untold Perspective. Journal of Neurotherapy 14(1):55-60, 2010.
- Dellacroce F, Aguilar E, Green-Aguilar S. Framework Growth Following Microtia Reconstruction: Is It Real and What are the Implications?. Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 6:1479-1484, 2001.
- Prinsloo S, Rosenthal DI, Lyle R, Garcia SM, Gabel-Zepeda S, Cannon R, Bruera E, Cohen L. Exploratory Study of Low Resolution Electromagnetic Tomography (LORETA) Real-time Z-Score Feedback in the Treatment of Pain in Patients with Head and Neck Cancer. European Journal of Pain.
- Chaoul A, Milbury K, Sood AK, Prinsloo S, Cohen L. Mind-body practices in cancer care. Curr Oncol Rep 16(12):417, 2014. PMID: 25325936.
- Cohen L, Sood A, Prinsloo S, Chaoul A. Stress and Tumor Biology: Insights into Managing Stress to Help Improve Cancer Care. Amercian Society of Clinical Oncology Post, 2013.
- Prinsloo S, Lyle R. The microbiome, gut-brain-axis, and implications for brain health. Neuroregulation. e-Pub 2015.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Lyle R, Rarity J, Aguilar-Prinsloo S. Neuroscience and Family Therapy. Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, 2006.
- Prinsloo S. Neurofeedback to Treat Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy. Pain, 2016.
- Aguilar-Prinsloo S, Bayona J, Goodrich TJ. Healing through relationships: The impact of collaborative care on a patient with spina bifida. In: Collaborative medicine case studies: evidence in practice. Springer Publishers, 2008.
|Title:||The Effects of Neurofeedback on Neural Function, Neuromodulation, and Chemotherapy-Induced Neuropathic Pain|
|Funding Source:||American Cancer Society (ACS)|
|Title:||Neuromodulation as Treatment for Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy|
|Funding Source:||Rising Tide|
|Title:||Biomarker Identification and Design of a Neuromodulatory Treatment Program for the Management of Chronic Neuropathic Pain in Cancer Patients|
|Funding Source:||Hille Foundation|
|Title:||Neuromodulation as a Treatment for Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy|
|Funding Source:||National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health|
|Title:||Effects of Meditation on Cognitive Function and Quality of Life|
|Funding Source:||Global Academic Programs, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|Title:||Brief Guided Relaxation for Women Undergoing Stereotactic Breast Biopsy|
|Funding Source:||MD Anderson Cancer Center|