Meet Sausan Abouharb, M.D.
About Dr. Abouharb
Dr. Abouharb earned her medical degree from the University of Damascus in Syria. She completed a residency in internal medicine at Indiana University. After her residency, she completed her fellowship in medical oncology and hematology at MD Anderson Cancer Center. During her fellowship training, Dr. Abouharb had special interest in breast medical oncology. She was also awarded Humanitas award. She then joined the faculty at MD Anderson in the department of Breast Medical Oncology. Dr. Abouharb sees breast cancer patients at the Texas Medical Center campus, in addition to general medical oncology and hematology patients at the League City location. Her clinical interest is focused on breast cancer.
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2007||The University of Damascus Syria, Damascus, SYR, MD, Medicine|
|2011-2014||Clinical Fellowship, Hematology Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2008-2011||Clinical Residency, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN|
|2013||Conquer Cancer Foundation Merit Award, ASCO|
|2013||The Daniel Benedic Gazan Fellowship In Sarcoma Award|
- Abouharb S, Moulder S. Metaplastic breast cancer: clinical overview and molecular aberrations for potential targeted therapy. Curr Oncol Rep 17(3):431, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25691085.
- Abouharb S, Ensor J, Loghin ME, Katz R, Moulder SL, Esteva FJ, Smith B, Valero V, Hortobagyi GN, Melhem-Bertrandt A. Leptomeningeal disease and breast cancer: the importance of tumor subtype. Breast Cancer Res Treat 146(3):477-86, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25038877.
- Abouharb S, Warneke C, Ravi V, Ludwig JA, Lazar AJ,Patel S, Benjamin RS, Araujo DM. Synovial sarcoma and treatments with gemcitabine and docetaxel. J Clin Oncol 32(5s), 2014.
- Abouharb S, Ensor J, Loghin M E, Katz E, Gonzalez-Angulo A M, Esteva F J, Moulder S, Valero V, Hortobagyi G, Amal Melhem-Bertrandt. Leptomeningeal disease and breast cancer: Outcome differs by subtype. J Clin Oncol 31, 2013.
- Abouharb S, Corn PG Optimal therapy sequencing in metastatic castration - resistant prostate cancer. Curr Oncol Rep 15(3):217-23, 2013. PMID: 23568599.
- Abouharb S, Litton JK Predictors of contralateral breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers. Breast Disease 23(2), 2012.
- Abouharb S, Litton JK Predictors of contralateral breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers. Br J Cancer - Breast Diseases Quarterly 104(9):1384-9, 2011.
- Abouharb S, Esteva F. Adjuvant chemotherapy and biological therapies for early stage breast cancer. In: Early Breast Cancer: From Screening to Multidisciplinary Management. 3rd, 2013.