Associate Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Uniting 4 a Cure 4/30/2011 - 7/14/2022
The road to Wellness
Major Goals: Support the initial expansion of this program to a second Regional Care Center (Sugar Land, Texas) and to support research that would investigate the effectiveness of these interventions in patients undergoing radiation therapy.
As a radiation oncologist charged with the mission of helping patients fight cancer, I am heavily involved in proton therapy treatment with a special interest in treating Head & Neck as well as Prostate cancers.
|2002||Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA, MD, Medicine - with Distinction for Research in Radiation Oncology|
|1997||Cornell University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Ithaca, NY, USA, BS, Biometry and Statistics-with Distinction|
|2007-2008||Clinical Research Fellow, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2002-2007||Clinical Residency, Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Hospital, Bronx, NY|
|2002-2003||Clinical Rotations, Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Hospital, Bronx, NY|
|2001-2002||Research Fellowship, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY|
|2008||American Board of Radiology|
Research Fellowship, Albert Einstein Summer Research Fellowship, Department of Infectious Diseases, Beth Israel Hospital, New York, NY, 1998 - 1998
International Clinical Oncology Fellowship, M.P. Shah Cancer Hospital, Amdavad, 1995 - 1995
|2006||Chief Resident, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center - Department of Radiation Oncology|
|2005||ASCO International Mentorship Award, ASCO|
|2003||Community Service Award, BJ Medical Alumni Association|
|2002||Distinction for Research in Radiation Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine|
|2001||Albert Einstein Research Fellowship, Albert Einstein College of Medicine|
|1998||Albert Einstein Summer Research Award, Albert Einstein College of Medicine|
|1997||Dean's Award for Academic Excellence, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences|
|1997||Graduation with Distinction, Cornell University|
|1997||Golden Key National Honor Society, Golden Key National Honor Society|
|1994||International Clinical Oncology Fellowship, Gujarat Cancer Society|
|1993||Texaco Star Academic Challenge Scholarship, Texaco Corporation|
|1993||Faculty Award for Excellence in Biology, Irvington High School|
|1993||Dean's list for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University|
|1992||Dartmouth Book Award, Dartmouth Alumni Association|
- Schwartz DL, Garden AS, Shah SJ, Chronowski G,Sejpal S, Rosenthal DI, Chen Y, Shang Y, Zhang L, Wong PF, Garcia JA, Kian Ang K, Dong L.. Adaptive radiotherapy for head and neck cancer - Dosimetric results from a prospective clinical trial. Radiother Oncol 106(1):80-4, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 23369744.
- Chronowski GM, Garden AS, Morrison WH, Frank SJ, Schwartz DL, Shah SJ, Beadle BM, Brandon G, Kupferman ME, Ang KK, Rosenthal DI.. Unilateral radiotherapy for the treatment of tonsil cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 1(83(1)):204-9, 2012. e-Pub 2011. PMID: 22019242.
- Mendoza TR, Gunn GB, Wang XS, Frank SJ, Beadle BM, Shah SJ, Lu C, Hanna EY, Cleeland CS, Rosenthal DI. Impact of sympton burden on survival in patients with head and neck cancer treated with definitive radiation therapy. Radiation Oncology 78(3 Supplement):S470-S471, 2010.
- Schwartz D, Ang K, Chronowski G, Rosenthal DI, Sejpal SV, Shah SJ, Zhang Y, Garcia J, Garden A, Dong L. Prospective experience with CT-guided adaptive radiotherapy for head-and-neck cancer. Radiation Oncology 75(3 Supplement 1):S72, 2009.
- Dong, L, Chen YP, Lindberg ME, Garden AS, Rosenthal DI, Sejpal SV, Shah SJ, Morrison, WH, Ang KK, Schwartz DL. Interfractional movement of the larynx and oropharynx during radiotherapy. Radiation Oncology 75(3 Supplement 1):S16-17, 2009.
- Yaparpalvi R, Guha C, Danish A, Shah SJ, Kahan N, Minsky L, Engler M, and Kalnicki S. Comparison of inta-operative computer optimized and nomogram-bases total implant activities in prostate I-125 seed implants. Med Phys 32(6):1954-55, 2005.
- Menethena A, Deb N, Oertel m, Grozdanov PN, Sandhu J, Shah SJ, Guha C, Shafritz DA, Dabeva MD. Bone marrow progenitors are not the source of expanding oval cells in injured liver. Stems Cells 22(6):1049-61, 2004.
- Iyengar P, Combs TP, Shah SJ, Gouon-Evans V, Pollard JW, Albanese C, Flanagan L, Tenniswood MP, Guha C, Lisanti MP, Pestell RG, Scherer PE. Adipocyte-secreted factors synergistically promote mammary tumorigenesis through induction of anti-apoptotic transcriptional programs and proto-oncogene stabilization. Oncogene 22(41):6408-23, 2003. PMID: 14508521.
- Guha C, Shah SJ, Ghosh SS, Lee SW, Roy-Chowdhury N, Roy-Chowdhury J. Molecular therapies for viral hepatitis. BioDrugs 17(2):81-91, 2003. PMID: 12641487.
- Shah S, Reed V, Arzu I. Nurse Navigators in EarlyCancer Cancer: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly 26(1):31-32, 2015.
- Reed VK, Shah SJ, Schlembach PJ. pN0(i+) Breast Cancer: Treatment Patterns, Locoregional Recurrence and Survival Outcomes. Breast Diseases Quarterly 25(2):129-130, 2014.
- Dudley DJ, Drake J, Quinlan J, et al (Univ of Texas Health Science Ctr at San Antonio). Beneficial Effects of a Combined Navigator/Promotora Approach for Hispanic Women Diagnosed with Breast Abnormalities. Breast Diseases A Year Book Quarterly 24(2), 2013.
- Mukhopadhaya A, Mendecki J, Yamanouchi K, Shah SJ, Basu I, Alfieri A, Garg M, Kalnicki S, Guha C. Localized hyperthermia combined with intratumoral dendritic cell injection induces systemic antitumor immunity. Proc Amer Assoc Cancer Res 46:725, 2005.