Associate Professor, Department of Breast Medical Oncology - Research, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2003||Oita Medical University, Oita, JPN, PHD, Ecology/Pathology|
|1988||Hebei Medical University, Hebei, CHN, MS, Medicine/Pediatrics|
|1985||Hebei Medical University, Hebei, CHN, MD, Medicine|
|2002-2008||Postdoctoral Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|1988-1990||Residency, Pediatrics, Hebei Province Children's Hospital, Shijiazhuang|
Assistant Professor, Department of Breast Medical Oncology - Research, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2011 - 2017
Associate Chief Physician, Department of Hematology & Oncology, Hebei Province Children's Hospital, Shijiazhuang, 1995 - 1996
Clinical Physician, Department of Hematology & Oncology, Hebei Province Children's Hospital, Shijiazhuang, 1990 - 1995
Research Scientist, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2008 - 2011
Visiting Scientist, Oita Medical University, Oita, 1996 - 1997
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Hematology Institutional Committee of Heibei Province, 1995 - 1996
- Lluch A, González-Angulo AM, Casadevall D, Eterovic AK, Martínez de Dueñas E, Zheng X, Guerrero-Zotano Á, Liu S, Pérez R, Chen K, Chacón JI, Mills GB, Antolín S, Blancas I, López-Serra P, Carrasco E, Caballero R, Prat A, Rojo F, Gonzalez-Perez A, Meric-Bernstam F, Albanell J. Dynamic clonal remodelling in breast cancer metastases is associated with subtype conversion. Eur J Cancer 120:54-64, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31491604.
- Liu S, Li S, Wang B, Liu W, Gagea M, Chen H, Sohn J, Parinyanitikul N, Primeau T, Do KA, Vande Woude GF, Mendelsohn J, Ueno NT, Mills GB, Tripathy D, Gonzalez-Angulo AM. Cooperative effect of oncogenic MET and PIK3CA in an HGF-dominant environment in breast cancer. Mol Cancer Ther 18(2):399-412, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 30518672.
- Kuppa SS, Jia W, Liu S, Nguyen H, Smyth SS, Mills GB, Dobbin KK, Hardman WJ, Murph MM. Autotaxin exacerbates tumor progression by enhancing MEK1 and overriding the function of miR-489-3p. Cancer Lett 432:84-92, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29859298.
- Federico L, Chong Z, Zhang D, McGrail DJ, Zhao W, Jeong KJ, Vellano CP, Ju Z, Gagea M, Liu S, Mitra S, Dennison JB, Lorenzi PL, Cardnell R, Diao L, Wang J, Lu Y, Byers LA, Perou CM, Lin SY, Mills GB. A murine preclinical syngeneic transplantation model for breast cancer precision Medicine. Sci Adv 3(4), 2017. PMID: 28439535.
- Chae YK, Gagliato Dde M, Pai SG, Carneiro B, Mohindra N, Giles FJ, Ramakrishnan-Geethakumari P, Sohn J, Liu S, Chen H, Ueno N, Hortobagyi G, Gonzalez-Angulo AM. The Association between EGFR and cMET Expression and Phosphorylation and Its Prognostic Implication in Patients with Breast Cancer. PLoS One 11(4):e0152585, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27055285.
- Trapé AP, Liu S, Cortes AC, Ueno NT, Gonzalez-Angulo AM. Effects of CDK4/6 Inhibition in Hormone Receptor-Positive/Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2-Negative Breast Cancer Cells with Acquired Resistance to Paclitaxel. J Cancer 7(8):947-56, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27313785.
- Parinyanitikul N, Lei X, Chavez-MacGregor M, Liu S, Mittendorf EA, Litton JK, Woodward W, Zhang AH, Hortobagyi GN, Valero V, Meric-Bernstam F, Gonzalez-Angulo AM. Receptor status change from primary to residual breast cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy and analysis of survival outcomes. Clin Breast Cancer 15(2):153-60, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25454687.
- Gonzalez-Angulo AM, Krop I, Akcakanat A, Chen H, Liu S, Li Y, Culotta KS, Tarco E, Piha-Paul S, Moulder-Thompson S, Velez-Bravo V, Sahin AA, Doyle LA, Do KA, Winer EP, Mills GB, Kurzrock R, Meric-Bernstam F. SU2C phase Ib study of paclitaxel and MK-2206 in advanced solid tumors and metastatic breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 107(3), 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25688104.
- Liu S, Meric-Bernstam F, Parinyanitikul N, Wang B, Eterovic AK, Zheng X, Gagea M, Chavez-MacGregor M, Ueno NT, Lei X, Zhou W, Nair L, Tripathy D, Brown PH, Hortobagyi GN, Chen K, Mendelsohn J, Mills GB, Gonzalez-Angulo AM. Functional consequence of the MET-T1010I polymorphism in breast cancer. Oncotarget 6(5):2604-14, 2015. PMID: 25605252.
- Jin W, Liu S, Zhen Y, Hu H. Clinical analysis of neonatal multiple-system organ failure in 214 cases. Acta Academiae Medicine Hebei 6(4):74-7, 1993.
- Liu S, Qui X, Wang F, Xie T. Pathogenic effects of rat maternal acute iatrogenic hyperglycemia on perinatal rat. J Clinical and Experimental Pathology 6:74-6, 1992.
- Liu S, Qiu X, Xu S, Yang R. Effect of maternal acute iatrogenic hyperglycemia on perinatal infants during cesarean section. J Neonatology 6(2):60-2, 1991.
- Murph MM, Liu S, Jia W, Nguyen H, MacFarlane MA, Smyth SS, Kuppa SS, Dobbin KK. Diet-regulated behavior: FVB/N mice fed a lean diet exhibit increased nocturnal bouts of aggression between littermates. Lab Anim:23677219834582. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30880558.
- Liu S, Murph M, Panupinthu N, Mills GB. ATX-LPA receptor axis in inflammation and cancer. Cell Cycle 8(22):3696-701, 2009.
- Murph M, Tanaka T, Liu S, Mills GB. Of spiders and crabs: the emergence of lysophospholipids and their metabolic pathways as targets for therapy in cancer. Clin Cancer Res 12(22):1-5, 2006.
- Liu S. HGF-MET as a breast cancer biomarker. Aging (Albany NY) 7(3):150-1, 2015. PMID: 25868725.
- Liu S, Xie SM, Yang-Kolodji G, Tripathy D. Targeting the tumor microenvironment by CXCR4 inhibition to abrogate trastuzumab resistance in HER2-positive breast cancer. AACR:DOI: 10.1158/1538-7445, 2019.
- Liu S, Michael Z. Gilcrease MZ, Chen H, Liu W, Zhang F, Do KA, Mills GB, Symmans WF, Ueno NT, Gonzales-Angulo AM, Hortobagyi GN, Tripathy D. ADAMs, potential biomarkers and onco targets in breast cancer. AACR:DOI: 10.1158/1538-7445.2017, 2017.
- Liu S, Ueno NT, Wang B, Liu W, Gagea M, Chen H, Mills GB, Gonzalez-Angulo AM. Combined targeting of MET and PI3K improves efficacy in breast cancer models with concurrent MET/PI3K aberrations. Cancer Res:DOI: 10.1158/1538-7445.AM2016-392, 2016.
- Liu S, Meng X, Chen H, Liu W, Miller T, Murph M, Lu Y, Zhang F, Iurascu MG, Arteaga CL, Mills GB, Meric-Bernstam F, González-Angulo AM. Effects of Src and IGF1R inhibition on acquired endocrine therapy resistant breast cancer:The 6th Era of Hope conference held in August 2011 in Orlando, Florida. Sponsored by the Department of Defense (DOD) Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP), 2011.
|Title:||The Role of ADAMs in breast cancer|
|Funding Source:||The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, SPORE in Breast Cancer|
|Title:||The Role of Lysophospholipids in the initiation, progression and therapy of breast cancer|
|Funding Source:||Department of Defense (DOD)|
|Title:||HGF-MET axis, a potential target in metastatic breast cancer|
|Funding Source:||The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Institutional Research Grant|
|Title:||Targeting the tumor microenvironment by CXCR4 inhibition abrogates resistance to trastuzumab in HER2 breast cancer|
|Funding Source:||Polyphor, Ltd|