About Dr. Yedururi
Dr. Sireesha Yedururi is an Associate Professor of Radiology at the University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center. She obtained medical degree from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India and radiology residency from Nizams Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad, India and the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. After completing her residency in Radiology in June 2012, she joined as an Assistant Professor in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center in in August 2012. She currently practices Pediatric Radiology and Abdominal Imaging.
Associate Professor, Department of Abdominal Imaging, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging, McGovern Medical School at UTHealth, Houston
Imaging of osteosarcoma
Imaging of sarcoma
Imaging of MEN syndrome
|1999||Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, IND, MD, Medicine|
|2008-2012||Clinical Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX|
|2006-2007||Clinical Fellowship, Neuroradiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2005-2006||Clinical Fellowship, Pediatric Radiology, Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX|
|2001-2003||Clinical Residency, General Radiology, Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad|
|1999-2000||Clinical Assistant, Radiology, Medinova Diagnostic Services, Khammam|
|1998-1999||Clinical Internship, Osmania General Hospital, Hyderabad|
|2012||American Board of Radiology|
Assistant Professor, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX, 2013 - 2019
Co-director of Pediatric Abdominal Imaging, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 2017 - Present
Member, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Abdominal Imaging Section Contrast Panel, Houston, TX, 2014 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Clinical Effectiveness & Evidence Based Imaging Committee, 2021 - Present
Member, Mid-Career Faculty Committee, 2020 - Present
Member, Faculty Senate, 2018 - 2021
Member, The University of Texas Medical School Radiology Education Committee, 2018 - Present
Member, Abdominal Imaging Education Committee, 2018 - 2019
Member, Diagnostic Radiology Awards Committee, 2017 - 2020
|2019||Certificate of Appreciation for Excellence in Reviewing Manuscripts in Pediatric Radiology, The Society for Pediatric Radiology|
|2019||Poster prize: Machine learning and artificial intelligence in oncologic imaging: Potential barriers and solutions, abdominal imager's perspective, International Cancer Imaging Society|
|2018||Musculoskeletal Poster - Basic patterns of spread of solid malignancies in children: a pictorial essay, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2017||Certificate of Merit, Radiological Society of North America|
|2016||Certificate of Merit, Radiological Society of North America|
|2007||Certificate of Merit, Radiological Society of North America|
|2006||Certificate of Merit, Radiological Society of North America|
- Katabathina Venkata, Marji Aaneen, Khanna Lokesh, Ramani Nisha, Yedururi S, Dasyam Anil, Menias Christine, Prasad Srinivasa. Decoding genes: current update on radiogenomics of select abdominal malignancies. Radiographics 40(6):1600-1626, 2020. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33001791.
- Hanafy AK, Mujtaba B, Yedururi S, Jensen CT, Sanchez R, Austin MT, Morani AC. Imaging in pediatric ovarian tumors. Abdominal Radiology, 2019. PMID: 31745573.
- Cao HT, Marcal L, Mason M, Yedururi S, Joechle K, Wei S, Vauthey J. Benign hepatic Incidentalomas. Curr Probl Surg 56(9), 2019. PMID: 31585553.
- Yedururi S, Kang HC, Cox VL, Chawla S, Marcal L, Le O, Loyer EM. Tumor thrombus in venous drainage pathways of primary, recurrent and metastatic disease on routine oncologic imaging studies: beyond hepatocellular carcinoma and renal cell carcinoma. BJR 92(1098), 2019. PMID: 30844299.
- Marcal L, Patnana M, Yedururi S, Devine C, Cox VL, Dasari A, Chuang H, Loyer E. Abdominal manifestation of neuroendocrine tumors. DDI 3(1):014-029, 2019.
- Morani AC, Bathala TK, Surabhi VR, Yedururi S, Jensen CT, Huh WW, Prasad S, Hayes-Jordan A. Desmoplastic small round cell tumor: imaging pattern of disease at presentation. AJR Am J Roentgenol 212(3):W45-W54, 2019. PMID: 30673334.
- Yedururi S, Chawla S, Amini B, Wei Wei, Salem U, Morani A, Wang W, Gorlick R, Lewis V, Daw N. Tumor thrombus in the large veins draining primary pelvic osteosarcoma on cross sectional imaging. Eur J Radiol 105(49-55), 2018. PMID: 30017298.
- Cox V, Bamashmos A, Foo W, Gupta S, Yedururi S, Garg N, Kang H. Lynch Syndrome: cancer genomics and imaging update. Radiographics 38(2):438-499, 2018. PMID: 29528821.
- Yedururi S, Terpenning S, Gupta S, Fox P, Martin S, Conrad C, Loyer EM. Radio-frequency ablation of hepatic tumor: subjective assessment of the perilesional vascular network on contrast enhanced computed tomography before and after ablation can reliably predict the risk of local recurrence. J Comput Assist Tomogr 41(4):607-613, 2017. PMID: 28722702.
- Tejada FH, Yedururi S, Kumar R, Stewart J, Tarek N. Ganglioneuroma with disseminated bone lesions. Pediatric Blood Cancer 64(4):e26298, 2017. PMID: 28221728.
- Yedururi S, Kang HS, Wei W, Wagner-Bartak N, Marcal LP, Stafford RJ, Willis BJ, Szklaruk J. Free-breathing radial volumetric interpolated breath-hold examination vs breath-hold cartesian volumetric interpolated breath-hold examination magnetic resonance imaging of the liver at 1.5T. World J Radiol 8(7):707, 2016. PMID: 27551341.
- Ahmed M, Yedururi S. Growing teratoma syndrome: Illustrative case review. Austin J Pediatr 3(1):1025, 2016.
- Yedururi S, Morani AC, Gladish GW, Vallabhaneni S, Anderson PM, Hughes D, Wang WL, Daw NC. Cardiovascular involvement by osteosarcoma: an analysis of 20 patients. Pediatr Radiol 46(1):21-33, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26411434.
- Maher OM, Christensen AM, Yedururi S, Bell D, Tarek N. Histone deacetylase inhibitor for NUT midline carcinoma. Pediatr Blood & Cancer 62(4):715-7, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25557064.
- Yoo JH, Rivera A, Naeini RM, Yedururi S, Bayindir P, Megahead H, Fuller GN, Suh JS, Adesina AM, Hunter JV. Melanotic paraganglioma arising in the temporal horn following Langerhans cell histiocytosis. Pediatr Radiol 38(5):571-4, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18196230.
- Yedururi S, Guillerman RP, Chung T, Braverman RM, Dishop MK, Giannoni CM, Krishnamurthy R. Multimodality imaging of tracheobronchial disorders in children. Radiographics 28(3):e29, 2008. e-Pub 2008. PMID: 18299559.
- Yedururi S, Morani A, Katabathina V, Jo N, Rachamallu M, Prasad S, Marcal M. Machine learning and deep learning in oncologic imaging: potential hurdles, opportunities for improvement, and solutions- abdominal imagers’ perspective. J Comput Assist Tomogr. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34270486.
- Khanna L, Prasad SR, Yedururi S, Parameswaran AM, Marcal LP, Sandrasegaran K, Tirumani SH, Menias CO, Katabathina VS. Second malignancies after radiation therapy: update on pathogenesis and cross-sectional imaging findings. Radiographics:200171. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33891523.
- Yedururi S, Marcal L, Morani A, Katabathina V, Jo N, Rachamallu M, Prasad S. Temporal evolution of metastatic disease- Part II: A novel proposal for subcategorization of metastatic disease from non-neural solid tumors with diverse histologies and locations. Japanese Journal of Radiology. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33948787.
- Jo N, Marcal L, Katabathina V, Morani A, Rachamallu M, Prasad S,Yedururi S. Temporal evolution of metastatic disease – Part I: An in-depth review of the evolution of metastatic disease across diverse spectrum of non-neural solid tumors on serial oncologic imaging studies and relevant practical applications. Japanese Journal of Radiology. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33963465.
- Waguespack S, Nies M, Vassilopoulou-Sellin R, Bassett R, Yedururi S, Zafereo M, Cabanillas M, Sherman S, Links T. Distant metastases from childhood differentiated thyroid carcinoma: clinical course and mutational landscape. JCEM 20(20):1-15. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33382403.
- Gagnon MH, Wallace AB Yedururi S, Khanna G. Atypical pulmonary metastases in children: pictorial review of imaging patterns. Pediatric Radiology. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32965564.
- Cabrera TB, Wang W, Yedururi S, Slopis JM, Steiner RE, Rytting ME, Cuglievan B. Coincidental expression of classic Hodgkin Lymphoma and Neurofibromatosis type I and literature review. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32366782.
- Morani A, Abdelrahman K, Ramani NS, Katabathina VS, Yedururi S, Dasyam AK, Prasad S. Hereditary and sporadic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: current update on genetics and imaging. Radiology: Imaging Cancer 2(2). e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33778702.
- Thomas AJ, Menias CO, Pickhardt PJ, Shaaban AM, Gaballah AH, Yedururi S, Elsayes KM. Bleeding liver masses: Imaging features with pathologic correlation and impact on management. Am J Roentgenol 11:2-9. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30973778.
- Elsherif S, Odisio EG, Faria S, Javadi S, Yedururi S, Frumovitz M, Bhosale P. Imaging and staging of neuroendocrine cervical cancer. Abdom Radiol. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29974177.
Manuals, Teaching Aids, Other Teaching Publications
- Hunter JV, Yedururi S. The utility of magnetic resonance imaging in pediatric CNS infections and brain tumors: Magnetic resonance imaging perspectives, 2008.
- Thomas AJ, Menias CO, Pickhardt PJ, Gaballad AH, Yedururi S, Shaaban A, Elsayes K. Bleeding liver masses: Imaging features with pathological correlation and impact on management. Radiological Society of North America Proceedings, 2017.
- Phuoc V, Chun Y, Vauthey J, Newhook T, Conrad C, Aloia TA, Kang H, Yedururi S, Loyer EM. Radiographic predictors of intrahepatic recurrence after resection of colorectal liver metastases. Ann Surg Oncol, 2016.
- Yedururi S, Kang HC, Chawla S, Shah KB, Loyer EM. Tumor thrombus in vascular drainage pathways: beyond hepatocellular and renal cell carcinomas. Radiological Society of North America Proceedings, 2015.
- Morani AC, Hayes-Jordan A, Surabhi VR, Bathala TK, Yedururi S, Huh W, Prasad S. Desmoplastic small round cell tumor: a comprehensive single-institution study of 94 cases. Proceedings of the Society of Pediatric Radiology Annual Meeting Program, 2015.
- Yedururi S, Hunter JV, Morsi H, Jones JY, Rauch RA, Mawad ME. Spectrum of intracranial arteriopathies in children. Radiological Society of North America Proceedings, 2007.
- Yedururi S, Chung T, Guillerman RP, Braverman RM, Krishnamurthy R. Multimodality imaging of tracheobronchial pathology in children. Radiological Society of North America Proceedings, 2006.
- Sarath S, Yedururi S, Mrinalini N, Jaganmohan J, Uma M,. Combined computed tomography- venography and pulmonary angiography in suspected pulmonary thromboembolic disease. Indian Radiology and Imaging Association National Conference, Hyderabad, India, 2004.
- Jyotsna Y, Yedururi S, Prasad D. Computed tomography in evaluation of focal renal masses. Indian Radiology and Imaging Association National Conference, Hyderabad, India, 2004.
- Kavitha Y, Yedururi S, Mrinalini N, Uma M, Uma K. Magnetic resonance imaging in the carcinoma cervix. Indian Radiology and Imaging Association National Conference, Hyderabad, India, 2004.
- Mrinalini N, Yedururi S, Sarath S, Uma K, Jyoytsna Y, Uma M, Reddy J. Role of diffusion weighted imaging in characterizing various intracranial lesions. Indian Radiology and Imaging Association National Conference, Hyderabad, India, 2004.
- Yedururi S, Uma M, Jaganmohan R. Contrast enhanced 3D TOF MRA in the evaluation of pulmonary arteries in tetrology of fallot. Indian Radiology and Imaging Association National Conference, Jaipur, India, 2003.
- Yedururi S, Anil D, Manas K, Uma M, Jaganmohan J. Hemihematometra in the rudimentary horn of unicornuate uterus. Indian Radiology and Imaging Association National Conference, Jaipur, India, 2003.