|2013||Indian Veterinary Research Institute-JNTUH, Hyderabad, IND, PHD, Biotechnology|
|2005||Bangalore University, Bangalore, IND, MS, Biotechnology|
|2015-2017||Research Fellowship, Instructor, Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN|
|2012-2015||Research Fellowship, Postdoctoral Research Trainee, Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis|
|2011-2012||Research Fellowship, Senior Research Assistant, Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN|
Assistant Professor, Department of Cardiology, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2017 - Present
Instructor, Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, 2015 - 2017
Postdoctroal Research Trainee, Department of Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, SD, 2012 - 2015
Senior Research Assistant, Department of Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN, 2011 - 2012
Senior Research Fellow, Department of Molecular Virology, India Veterinary Research Institute, Bareilly, 2007 - 2011
Project Assistant, Department of Department of Virology, Project Directorate of Animal disease monitoring and surveillance, I, Bareilly, 2005 - 2007
|2015||Outstanding Postdoctoral Research Achievement Award, University of Tennessee Health Science Center|
|2014||Outstanding Postdoctoral Research Achievement Award, University of Tennessee Health Science Center|
|2011||Outstanding Young Biotechnologist Award, SAB India|
|2010||Best Paper Presentation Award, Indian Virology Society|
- Kotla S, Singh NK, Kirchhofer D, Rao GN. Heterodimers of the transcriptional factors NFATc3 and FosB mediate tissue factor expression for 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced monocyte trafficking. J Biol Chem 292(36):14885-14901, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28724635.
- Kotla S, Singh NK, Rao GN.. ROS via BTK-p300-STAT1-PPARγ signaling activation mediates cholesterol crystals-induced CD36 expression and foam cell formation. Redox Biology 11:350-364, 2017. PMID: 28040503.
- Kotla S, Sanghratna Vishanath B, H J D, K G, V V S S, Reddy GR. DNA vaccine (P1-2A- 3C pCDNA) co-administered with Bovine IL-18 gives protective immune response against Foot and Mouth Disease in cattle. Vet Microbiol 193:106-15, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27599937.
- Kotla S, Rao GN. ROS mediates p300-dependent STAT1 interaction with PPARγ in CD36 expression and foam cell formation. J Biol Chem 290(51):30306-20, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26504087.
- Singh NK, Kotla S, Kumar R, Rao GN. Cyclic AMP Response Element Binding Protein Mediates Pathological Retinal Neovascularization via Modulating DLL4-NOTCH1 Signaling. EBioMedicine 2(11):1767-1784, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26870802.
- Singh NK, Kotla S, Dyukova E, Traylor JG, Orr AW, Chernoff J, Marion TN, Rao GN. Disruption of p21-activated kinase 1 gene diminishes atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E- deficient mice. Nat Commun 6:7450, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26104863.
- Chattopadhyay R, Tinnikov A, Dyukova E, Singh NK, Kotla S, Mobley JA, Rao GN. 12/15-Lipoxygenase-dependent ROS Production is required for Diet-induced Endothelial Barrier Dysfunction. J Lipid Res 56(3):562-77, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25556764.
- Kotla S, Singh NK, Traylor JG Jr, Orr AW, Rao GN.. ROS-dependent Syk and Pyk2- mediated STAT1 activation is required for 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced CD36 expression and foam cell formation. Free Radic Biol Med 76:147-62, 2014. PMID: 2515225.
- Hansen L, Kotla S, Mari G, Rao GN.. The Role of NALP3 inflammasome in preeclampsia- a translational approach. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2014.
- Gadepalli R, Kotla S, Heckle MR, Verma SK, Singh NK, Rao GN. Novel role for p21- activated kinase 2 in thrombin-induced monocyte migration. J Biol Chem 288(43):30815-31, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24025335.
- Kotla S, Singh NK, Heckle MR, Tigyi GJ, Rao GN. The transcription factor CREB enhances interleukin-17A production and inflammation in a mouse model of atherosclerosis. Sci Signal 6(293):ra83, 2013. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24045154.
- Singh NK, Kundumani-Sridharan V, Kumar S, Verma SK, Kotla S, Mukai H, Heckle MR, Rao GN. Protein kinase N1 is a novel substrate of NFATc1-mediated cyclin D1- CDK6 activity and modulates vascular smooth muscle cell division and migration leading to inward blood vessel wall remodeling. J Biol Chem 287(43):36291-304, 2012. e-Pub 2012. PMID: 22893700.
- Kotla S, Rashmi BR, Dechamma HJ, Gopalakrishna S, Banumathi N, Suryanarayana VV, Reddy GR.. Cationic micro particle [poly (D,L-lactide-co-glycolide)]-coated DNA vaccination induces a long-term immune response against foot and mouth disease in guinea pigs. J Gene Med 14(5):348-52, 2012. PMID: 22438260.
- Jadav SK, Kotla S, Rashmi BR, Dechamma HJ, Ganesh K, Suryanarayana VV, Reddy GR.. Improved immune response by ID-pVAC: a secretory DNA vaccine construct delivered by PLG micro particles against foot and mouth disease in guinea pigs. Res Vet Sci 91(1):86-9, 2011. PMID: 20884037.
- Kotla S, Rao DM, Dechamma HJ, Suryanarayana VV, Reddy GR.. Expression of bovine (Bos indicus) interleukin-18 in Escherichia coli and its biological activity. Microbiol Immunol 54(9):564-7, 2010. PMID: 20840156.
- Kotla S, Muralidhar Rao D, Badrinaryana N, Suryanaryana VV, Reddy GR.. Enhancement of DNA vaccine (P12A3C-pcDNA) efficacy against foot-and-mouth disease by co administration of interleukin-18-expressing (IL18 pcDNA) plasmid in guinea pigs. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 60(3):261-268, 2010. PMID: 21039923.
- Kotla S , Singh NK, Rao GN. Reactive Oxygen Species via Activation of Bruton Tyrosine Kinase Mediate Cholesterol Crystals-Induced CD36 Expression and Foam Cell Formation. Free Radical Biology and Medicne, 2016.
- Janjanam J, Chandaka GK, Kotla S, Rao GN. PLCβ3 Mediates Cortactin Interaction with WAVE2 in MCP1-induced Actin Polymerization and Cell Migration, 2016.
- Kotla S, Rao GN.. ROS mediates p300-dependent STAT1interaction with PPARγ in CD36 expression and foam cell formation. NAVBO, 2015.
- Kotla S, Nikhlesh K Singh, Gadiparthi N. 15(S) Hydroxyeicosatetraenoic Acid Induces Foam Cell formation by Enhancing CD36 Expression via Activation of ROS-Syk-Pyk2 STAT1 signaling. ATVB, 2014.
- Hansen L, Kotla S, Mari G, Rao GN. The Role of NALP3 inflammasome in preeclampsia- a translational approach. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2014.
- Kotla S., Rashmi, B.R., Dechamma H.J., Banumathi N., Suryanarayana V.V.S and Reddy G.R.. Dose responses studies of 1 D –pVAC (Secretory Vector construct coated on cationic PLG micro particles against FMDV in guinea pigs. 77th annual conference of Society of biological Chemists (SBC) at Indian Institute of Technology (Madras), Chennai, India, 2009.
- Kotla S, B.R. Rashmi, Amit Kumar, H.J. Dechamma, N. Bhanumathi, V.V.S. Suryanarayana, G.R. Reddy Cationic Micro Particle (PLG) coated DNA vaccination Induces a long term immune response and Protective Immunity against Foot-and-Mouth disease virus. Virocon 2010 Annual conference of Indian Virology Society at Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupathi, India, 2008.
- Purushotam, P., Kotla S., Jayapal Gowd, B.. In vitro Regenration studies in Stevia rebaudiana. International Seminar on Medicinal plants and herbal products at Sri Venkateswara University Tirupathi, 2008.
- Sammer.N.Jadav, Kotla S, Rashmi. B.R., Dechamma H.J., Suryanarayana V.V.S and Reddy.G.R.. Improved immune response by ID-pVAC: A secretory DNA vaccine construct delivered by PLG micro particles against foot and mouth disease in guinea pigs. 34th annual conference of the Indian Immunology Society (IIS) at NARI Pune 16-18, 2007.