In the News
Assistant Professor, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2015||Penn State Hershey College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA, MS, Public Health Sciences|
|2011||Wright State Boonshoft School of Medicine, Dayton, OH, USA, MD, Doctor of Medicine|
|2007||Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH, USA, BS, Biochemistry|
|2018-2019||Clinical Residency, Breast Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2013-2015||Research Fellowship, Department of Surgery-Division of Outcomes Research and Quality, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA|
|2011-2018||Clinical Residency, General Surgery, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA|
|2019||American Board of Medical Quality|
|2018||American Board of Surgery|
Member, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Morgan Welch Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Program and Clinic, Houston, TX, 2020 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Faculty Consultant, Breast Multidisciplinary Planning Conference MD Anderson Cancer Network, 2020 - Present
|2019||George Peters Award: Best Presentation by a Fellow, American Society of Breast Surgeons 2019 Annual Meeting|
|2019||Scientific Impact Award, American Society of Breast Surgeons 2019 Annual Meeting|
|2019||Bristol-Myers Squibb Award in Population Science. 1st place Oral Competition, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Trainee Research Day|
|2018||Professionalism and Humanism in Surgery Award, Penn State Department Surgery|
|2015||Best Oral Presentation, Penn State College of Medicine|
|2014||Best Oral Presentation, Penn State College of Medicine|
|2014||Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Achievement Award, Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University|
|2014||International E-Learning Award- Academic Division, Penn State Hershey Medical Center|
- Sun SX, van la Parra RFD, Rauch GM, Checka C, Tadros AB, Lucci A, Teshome M, Black D, Hwang RF, Smith BD, Krishnamurthy S, Valero V, Yang WT, Kuerer HM. Patient Selection for Clinical Trials Eliminating Surgery for HER2-Positive Breast Cancer Treated with Neoadjuvant Systemic Therapy. Ann Surg Oncol 26(10):3071-3079, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31342361.
- Greenleaf EK, Sun SX, Hollenbeak CS, Wong J. Minimally invasive surgery for gastric cancer: the American experience. Gastric Cancer 20(2):368-378, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 26961133.
- Kulaylat AN, Qin D, Sun SX, Hollenbeak CS, Schubart JR, Aboud AJ, Flemming DJ, Bollard ER, Dillon PW, Han DC. Aligning perceptions of mistreatment among incoming medical trainees. J Surg Res 208:151-157, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27993202.
- Kulaylat AN, Qin D, Sun SX, Hollenbeak CS, Schubart JR, Aboud AJ, Flemming DJ, Dillon PW, Bollard ER, Han DC. Perceptions of mistreatment among trainees vary at different stages of clinical training. BMC Med Educ 17(1):14, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28088241.
- Sun SX, Kulaylat AN, Hollenbeak CS, Soybel DI. Cost-effective Decisions in Detecting Silent Common Bile Duct Gallstones During Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy. Ann Surg 263(6):1164-72, 2016. PMID: 26575281.
- Sun SX, Hollenbeak CS, Rogers AM. Readmissions Following Gastric Bypass Surgery. Obes Surg 26(2):269-75, 2016. PMID: 26264895.
- Sun SX, Greenleaf EK, Hollenbeak CS, Leung AM. Attributable cost of obesity in breast surgery: a matched cohort analysis. Am J Surg 210(4):668-77.e1, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26212389.
- Sun SX, Leung AN, Dillon PW, Hollenbeak CS. Length of Stay and Readmissions in Mastectomy Patients. Breast J 21(5):526-32, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26104795.
- Sun SX, Hollenbeak CS, Leung AM. Deviation from the Standard of Care for Early Breast Cancer in the Elderly: What are the Consequences?. Ann Surg Oncol 22(8):2492-9, 2015. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25515198.
- Maag R, Sun SX, Hannon M, Davies R, Alagona P, Foy A. Positive predictive value of an elevated cardiac troponin for type I myocardial infarction in ED patients based on the chief complaint. Am J Emerg Med 33(4):516-20, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25680564.
|Title:||Michael Zinner Services Research Fellowship|
|Funding Source:||Surgical Outcomes Club|