Associate Professor, Department of General Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Chief of Service, Medical Oncology MD Anderson Oncology Program at LBJ Hospital, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of Breast Medical Oncology, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2006-2009||Research Fellowship, Hematology Oncology, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL|
|2003-2003||Clinical Residency, Internal Medicine, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL|
|2009||American Board of Internal Medicine in Medical Oncology|
|2009||American Board of Internal Medicine Hematology|
Assistant Professor, Weill Cornell Medical College, Houston, TX, 2012 - 2020
Assistant Professor, Houston Methodist Research, Houston, TX, 2012 - 2020
Instructor, Florida International University Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine, Miami, FL, 2010 - 2012
Instructor, Department of Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL, 2009 - 2010
Course Director, Houston Methodist Cancer Symposium, Houston, TX, 2017 - 2017
Program Director (authorized GSBS program), Department of Hematology Oncology Fellowship, Houston Methodist Research Institute, Houston, TX, 2016 - 2020
- Lewis GD, Xing Y, Haque W, Patel T, Schwartz MR, Chen AC, Farach A, Hatch SS, Butler EB, Chang JC, Teh BS. The impact of molecular status on survival outcomes for invasive micropapillary carcinoma of the breast. Breast J 25(6):1171-1176, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31321854.
- Lewis GD, Xing Y, Haque W, Patel T, Schwartz M, Chen A, Farach A, Hatch SS, Butler EB, Chang J, Teh BS. Prognosis of lymphotropic invasive micropapillary breast carcinoma analyzed by using data from the National Cancer Database. Cancer Commun (Lond) 39(1):60, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31639071.
- Patel TA, Ensor JE, Creamer SL, Boone T, Rodriguez AA, Niravath PA, Darcourt JG, Meisel JL, Li X, Zhao J, Kuhn JG, Rosato RR, Qian W, Belcheva A, Schwartz MR, Kaklamani VG, Chang JC. A randomized, controlled phase II trial of neoadjuvant ado-trastuzumab emtansine, lapatinib, and nab-paclitaxel versus trastuzumab, pertuzumab, and paclitaxel in HER2-positive breast cancer (TEAL study). Breast Cancer Res 21(1):100, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31477168.
- Messer JA, Ekinci E, Patel TA, Teh BS. Enhanced dermatologic toxicity following concurrent treatment with palbociclib and radiation therapy: A case report. Rep Pract Oncol Radiother 24(3):276-280, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30948930.
- He T, Puppala M, Ezeana CF, Huang YS, Chou PH, Yu X, Chen S, Wang L, Yin Z, Danforth RL, Ensor J, Chang J, Patel T, Wong STC. A Deep Learning-Based Decision Support Tool for Precision Risk Assessment of Breast Cancer. JCO Clin Cancer Inform 3:1-12, 2019. PMID: 31141423.
- Stubbins R, He T, Yu X, Puppala M, Ezeana CF, Chen S, Valdivia Y Alvarado M, Ensor J, Rodriguez A, Niravath P, Chang J, Wong STC, Patel T. A Behavior-Modification, Clinical-Grade Mobile Application to Improve Breast Cancer Survivors' Accountability and Health Outcomes. JCO Clin Cancer Inform 2:1-11, 2018. PMID: 30652617.
- Patel TA, Puppala M, Ogunti RO, Ensor JE, He T, Shewale JB, Ankerst DP, Kaklamani VG, Rodriguez AA, Wong ST, Chang JC. Correlating mammographic and pathologic findings in clinical decision support using natural language processing and data mining methods. Cancer 123(1):114-121, 2017. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27571243.
- Liang DH, Ensor JE, Liu ZB, Patel A, Patel TA, Chang JC, Rodriguez AA. Cell-free DNA as a molecular tool for monitoring disease progression and response to therapy in breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat 155(1):139-49, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26667234.
- Patel TA, Dave B, Rodriguez AA, Chang JC, Perez EA, Colon-Otero G. Erratum: Dual HER2 blockade: preclinical and clinical data. Breast Cancer Res 16(6):468, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25927825.
- Patel TA, Dave B, Rodriguez AA, Chang JC, Perez EA, Colon-Otero G. Dual HER2 blockade: preclinical and clinical data. Breast Cancer Res 16(4):419, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 25928889.