About Dr. Bathala
Dr. Bathala has a dual appointment as adjunct associate professor at school of public health and UT health science center at Houston. He interprets diagnostic images especially ultrasound, CT and MRI scans, and have a special interest in the imaging of patients with genitourinary and gynecological malignancies. He performs ultrasound guided procedures including biopsy, aspiration, intraoperative ultrasound guidance, and sonohysterography.
His research interests include health services research, comparative effectiveness, cancer prevention, and quality improvement. He is the Principal Investigator of a prospective evaluation of metastatic disease and whole-body MR imaging in high risk prostate cancer. He is also the PI of an educational grant that was awarded for the development of curriculum on cancer staging. Dr. Bathala serve as a Collaborator on many novel clinical trials for treatment of advanced malignancies. Dr. Bathala has authored and co-authored multiple articles in peer-reviewed journals. Dr. Bathala is a member of the American Roentgen Ray Society, RSNA, SAR, SRU and ACR. In addition, he serves as a reviewer for several journals. Dr. Bathala is an active speaker, both nationally and internationally.
Health Services Research
Oncological applications of diagnostic ultrasound, CT and MRI
Imaging of genitourinary and gynecological malignancies.
Education & Training
|2017-2018||Value of imaging through comparative effectiveness research, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY|
|2017-2017||Management & Supervision Course, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2014-2014||Clinical safety and effectiveness program - Quality improvement & patient safety program, Quality and Safety, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2012-2013||Heart of Leadership - Junior faculty leadership course, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2004-2007||Clinical Residency, Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore|
Experience & Service
Associate Professor, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX, 2018 - Present
Co-Director, General Ultrasound, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2014 - 2015
Institutional Committee Activities
Academic Leadership Team, Chief Academic Officer, 2020 - Present
Member, Junior Faculty Steering Committee, 2017 - 2018
Member, Clinical Effectiveness Subcommittee, 2016 - Present
Member, Diagnostic Imaging Strategic Plan Functional Committee, 2014 - 2019
Member, Diagnostic Imaging Quality Functional Committee, 2014 - Present
Member, Liver Cancer Screening Algorithm and Metrics Committee, 2013 - 2018
Member, Abdominal Imaging Quality Improvement Committee, 2012 - Present
Member, Magnetic Resonance Imaging Quality Assurance Committee, 2012 - 2021
Member, Prostate Brachytherapy Research Group, 2012 - Present
Honors & Awards
|2014||Diagnostic Imaging Celebrating Solutions Award, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center|
- Sherry AD, Bathala T, Liu S, Fellman BM, Chun SG, Jasani N, Guadagnolo BA, Jhingran A, Reddy JP, Corn PG, Shah AY, Kaiser KW, Ghia AJ, Gomez DR, Tang C. Definitive local consolidative therapy for oligometastatic solid tumors: Results from the lead-in phase of the randomized basket trial EXTEND.. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 114(5):910-918, 2022. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35691448.
- Virarkar M, Jensen C, Klekers A, Wagner-Bartak N, Devine C, Lano E, Sun J, Bathala TK Bhosale P,. Clinical importance of second-opinion interpretations of abdominal imaging studies in a cancer hospital and its impact on patient management. Clinical Imaging 86:13-19. e-Pub 2022.
- Ranasinghe WKB, Troncoso P, Surasi DS, Ibarra Rovira JJ, Bhosale P, Szklaruk J, Kokorovic A, Wang X, Elsheshtawi M, Zhang M, Aparicio A, Chapin BF, Bathala TK. Defining diagnostic criteria for prostatic ductal adenocarcinoma at multiparametric MRI. Radiology 303(1):110-118, 2022. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35076303.
- Yadav D, Hwang H, Qiao W, Upadhyay R, Chapin BF, Tang C, Aparicio A, Lopez-Olivo MA, Kang SK, Macapinlac HA, Bathala TK, Surasi DS. 18F-Fluciclovine versus PSMA PET Imaging in Primary Tumor Detection during Initial Staging of High-Risk Prostate Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Radiol Imaging Cancer 4(2):e210091, 2022. PMID: 35212559.
- Kamal O, Foster BR, Turner K, Verma S, Woo S, Bathala TK, Coakley FV. Cowper's gland hyperplasia: A potential pitfall at MRI of the prostate. Clin Imaging 79:337-340, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34399290.
- Taher A, Jensen C, Yedururi S, Surasi D, Faria S, Bathala TK, Mujtaba B, Bhosale P, Wagner-Bartak N, Morani A. Imaging of neuroendocrine prostatic carcinoma. Cancers 13(22):5765, 2021.
- Urkmez A, Demirel C, Altok M, Bathala TK, Shapiro DD, Davis JW. Freehand versus grid-based transperineal prostate biopsy: A comparison of anatomical region yield and complications. J Urol 206(4):894-902, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34100650.
- Surasi DSS, Wang X, Bathala TK, Hwang H, Arora S, Westphalen AC, Chang SD, Turkbey B. The impact and collateral damage of COVID-19 on prostate MRI and guided biopsy operations: Society of Abdominal radiology prostate cancer disease-focused panel survey analysis. Abdom Radiol 46(9):4362-4369, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33904992.
- Thaker NG, Kudchadker RJ, Incalcaterra JR, Bathala TK, Kaplan RS, Agarwal A, Kuban DA, Frank BD, Das P, Feeley TW, Frank SJ. Improving efficiency and reducing costs of MRI-guided prostate brachytherapy using time-driven activity-based costing. Brachytherapy. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34389265.
- Siddiqui BA, Gheeya JS, Goswamy R, Bathala TK, Surasi DS, Gao J, Shah A, Campbell MT, Msaouel P, Goswami S, Wang J, Zurita AJ, Jonasch E, Corn PG, Aparicio AM, Siefker-Radtke AO, Sharma P, Subudhi SK, Tannir N. Durable responses in patients with genitourinary cancers following immune checkpoint therapy rechallenge after moderate-to-severe immune-related adverse events. J Immunother Cancer 9(7), 2021. PMID: 34326169.
- Ranasinghe W, Shapiro DD, Zhang M, Bathala TK, Navone N, Thompson TC, Broom B, Aparicio A, Tu SM, Tang C, Davis JW, Pisters L, Chapin BF. Optimizing the diagnosis and management of ductal prostate cancer. Nat Rev Urol 18(6):337-358, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33824525.
- Wiele AJ, Bathala TK, Hahn AW, Xiao L, Duran M, Ross JA, Jonasch E, Shah AY, Campbell MT, Msaouel P, Tannir NM. Lenvatinib with or without everolimus in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma after immune checkpoint inhibitors and vascular endothelial Growth factor receptor-tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapies. Oncologist. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33792094.
- Sanders JW, Venkatesan AM, Levitt CA, Bathala TK, Kudchadker RJ, Tang C, Bruno TL, Starks C, Santiago E, Wells M, Weaver CP, Ma J, Frank SJ. Fully balanced SSFP without an endorectal coil for postimplant QA of MRI-assisted radiosurgery of prostate cancer: A prospective study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 109(2):614-625, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32980498.
- Surasi DSS, Lu Y, Corn P, Pettaway C, Bathala TK. Incidental detection of urothelial carcinoma on 18F-fluciclovine PET/CT. Clin Nucl Med 46(2):e114-e115, 2021. PMID: 33156041.
- Thaker NG, Kudchadker R, Incalcaterra J, Bathala TK, Kaplan RS, Agarwal A, Kuban DA, Frank BD, Das P, Feeley TW, Frank SJ. Improving efficiency and reducing costs of MRI-assisted radiosurgery for prostate brachytherapy by using time-driven activity-based costing. Brachytherapy 21(1):49-54, 2021.
- Ranasinghe W, Shapiro DD, Hwang H, Wang X, Reichard CA, Elsheshtawi M, Achim MF, Bathala TK Tang C, Aparicio A, Tu SM, Navone N, Thompson TC, Pisters L, Troncoso P, Davis JW, Chapin BF. Ductal prostate cancers demonstrate poor outcomes with conventional therapies. Eur Urol 79(2):298-306, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33279304.
- Chahoud J, Msaouel P, Ross JA, McCormick BZ, Bathala TK, Gao J, Horn R, Xiao L, Sircar K, Campbell MT, Shah AY, Goswami S, Zurita AJ, Jonasch E, Matin SF, Wood CG, Karam JA, Sharma P, Tannir NM. Outcomes of patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma with sarcomatoid dedifferentiation to immune checkpoint inhibitors. Urol Oncol. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33187886.
- Morani A, Hanafy A, Marcal L, Subbiah V, Le O, Bathala TK, Elsayes K. Imaging of acute abdomen in cancer patients. Abdominal Radiology. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 31758230.
- Boyce-Fappiano D, Bathala TK, Ye R, Pasalic D, Gjyshi O, Pezzi TA, Noticewala SS, McGinnis GJ, Maroongroge S, Kuban DA, Nguyen QN, McGuire SE, Hoffman KE, Choi S, Tang C, Kudchadker RJ, Frank SJ. Predictors of urinary toxicity with MRI-assisted radiosurgery for low-dose-rate prostate brachytherapy. Brachytherapy. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32682778.
- Greg Justin R, Surasi Devaki Shilpa, Childs Alexandra, Moll Nicholas, Ward John F, Kim Jeri, Daniel Carrie R, Logothetis Christopher, Bathala TK, Davis John W. The association of peri-prostatic fat and grade group progression in men with localized prostate cancer on active surveillance. Journal of Urology. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32718204.
- Chen B, Bathala TK, Xu G, Teyateeti A, Chapin BF, Tang C, Tu SM, Macapinlac HA, Lu Y. Comparison of diagnostic utility of fluciclovine positron emission tomography/computed tomography versus pelvic multiparametric magnetic resonance imaging for prostate cancer in the pelvis in the setting of rising prostate specific antigen after initial treatment. Clin Nucl Med 45(5):349-355, 2020. PMID: 31977495.
- Ranasinghe Weranja B, Brooks Nathan A, Elsheshtawi Mohamed A, David John W, Bathala TK, Tang Chad, Troncoso Patricia, Aparicio Ana, Tu Shi-Ming, Pisters Louis L, Chapin Brian F. Patterns of metastases of prostatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Cancer 126(16):3367-3673, 2020. PMID: 32453443.
- Bathala TK, Venkatesan AM, Ma J, Bhosale P, Wei W, Kudchadker RJ, Wang J, Anscher MS, Tang C, Bruno TL, Frank SJ, Szklaruk J. Quality comparison between three-dimensional T2-weighted SPACE and two-dimensional T2-weighted turbo spin echo magnetic resonance images for the brachytherapy planning evaluation of prostate and periprostatic anatomy. Brachytherapy. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32402544.
- Westphalen AC, McCulloch CE, Anaokar JM, Arora S, Barashi NS, Barentsz JO, Bathala TK, Bittencourt LK, Booker MT, Braxton VG, Carroll PR, Casalino DD, Chang SD, Coakley FV, Dhatt R, Eberhardt SC, Foster BR, Froemming AT, Fütterer JJ, Ganeshan DM, Gertner MR, Mankowski Gettle L, Ghai S, Gupta RT, Hahn ME, Houshyar R, Kim C, Kim CK, Lall C, Margolis DJA, McRae SE, Oto A, Parsons RB, Patel NU, Pinto PA, Polascik TJ, Spilseth B, Starcevich JB, Tammisetti VS, Taneja SS, Turkbey B, Verma S, Ward JF, Warlick CA, Weinberger AR, Yu J, Zagoria RJ, Rosenkrantz AB. Variability of the positive predictive value of PI-RADS for prostate magnetic resonance imaging across 26 centers: experience of the Society of Abdominal Radiology prostate cancer disease-focused panel. Radiology:190646. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32315265.
- Abu-Gheida I, Bathala TK, Maldonado JA, Khan M, Anscher MS, Frank SJ, Choi S, Nguyen QN, Hoffman KE, McGuire SE, Kim M, Kuban DA, Aparicio A, Chapin BF, Tang C. Increased frequency of mesorectal and perirectal LN involvement in T4 prostate cancers. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32353391.
- Surasi D, Chapin D, Tang C, Ravizzini G, Bathala TK. Imaging and management of prostate cancer. Seminars in Ultrasound CT and MRI. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 32446432.
- Ranasinghe W, Reichard C, Bathala T, Chapin B. Management of cT4 prostate cancer. European Urology Focus. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 31266732.
- Virarkar M, Iyer R, Bhosale P, Bathala TK, Chong W, Shroff G. Esophageal pneumatosis: case report and review of literature. Clinical Imaging 58:15-21, 2019.
- Chetlen A, Petscavage-Thomas J, Cherian R, Ulano A, Nandwana S, Curci N, Swanson R, Artrip R, Bathala TK, Gettle L, Frigini L. Collaborative learning in radiology: from peer review to peer learning and peer coaching. Academic Radiology. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31636005.
- Baack Kukreja J, Bathala TK, Reichard CA, Troncoso P, Delacroix S, Davies B, Eggener S, Smaldone M, Minhaj Siddiqui M, Tollefson M, Chapin BF. Impact of preoperative prostate magnetic resonance imaging on the surgical management of high-risk prostate cancer. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31501508.
- Reichard CA, Kukreja J, Gregg JR, Bathala TK, Achim MF, Wang X, Davis JW, Nguyen QN, Chapin BF. Prediction of organ-confined disease in high and very high-risk prostate cancer patients staged with magnetic resonance imaging: implications for clinical trial design. Eur Urol Focus. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31076357.
- Morani AC, Bathala TK, Surabhi VR, Yedururi S, Jensen CT, Huh WW, Prasad S, Hayes-Jordan A. Desmoplastic small round cell tumor: imaging pattern of disease at presentation. AJR Am J Roentgenol 212(3):W45-W54, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 30673334.
- Thampy R, Khan A, Zaki IH, Wei W, Korivi BR, Staerkel G, Bathala TK. Acute acalculous colecystitis in hospitalized patients with hematologic malignancies and prognostic importance of gallbladder ultrasound findings. J Ultrasound Med 38(1):51-61, 2019. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29708270.
- Jensen CT, Blair KJ, Wagner-Bartak NA, Vu LN, Carter BW, Sun J, Bathala TK, Gupta S. Comparison of abdominal computed tomographic enhancement and organ lesion depiction between weight-based scanner software contrast dosing and a fixed-dose protocol in a tertiary care oncologic center. J Comput Assist Tomogr 43(1):155-162, 2019. PMID: 30211799.
- Sanders JW, Song H, Frank SJ, Bathala TK, Venkatesan AM, Anscher M, Tang C, Bruno TL, Wei W, Ma J. Parallel imaging compressed sensing for accelerated imaging and improved signal-to-noise ratio in magnetic resonance imaging-based postimplant dosimetry of prostate brachytherapy. Brachytherapy 17(5):816-824, 2018. e-Pub 2018. PMID: 29880449.
- Martin GV, Pugh TJ, Mahmood U, Kudchadker RJ, Wang J, Bruno TL, Bathala TK, Blanchard P, Frank SJ. Permanent prostate brachytherapy postimplant magnetic resonance imaging dosimetry using positive contrast magnetic resonance imaging markers. Brachy 16(4):761-769, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28501429.
- Martin GV, Pugh TJ, Mahmood U, Kudchadker RJ, Wang J, Bruno TL, Bathala TK, Frank SJ. Permanent prostate brachytherapy pubic arch evaluation with diagnostic magnetic resonance imaging. Brachy 16(4):728-733. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28284511.
- Ma J, Moerland MA, Venkatesan AM, Bathala TK, Kudchadker RJ, Brock KK, Frank SJ. Pulse sequence considerations for simulation and postimplant dosimetry of prostate brachytherapy. Brachy 16(4):743-753. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28063817.
- Matrana MR, Bathala TK, Campbell MT, Duran C, Shetty A, Teegavarapu P, Kalra S, Xiao L, Atkinson B, Corn P, Jonasch E, Tannir NM. Outcomes of unselected patients with metastatic clear-cell renal cell carcinoma treated with front-line pazopanib therapy followed by vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors or mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors: A single institution experience. BJU Int 118(2):264-71, 2016. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26573089.
- Lim TY, Kudchadker RJ, Wang J, Bathala TK, Szklaruk J, Pugh TJ, Mahmood U, Ibbott GS, Frank SJ. Development of a magnetic resonance imaging protocol to visualize encapsulated contrast agent markers in prostate brachytherapy recipients: Initial patient experience. J Contemp Brachy 8(3):235-42, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27504133.
- Shinagare AB, Vikram R, Jaffe C, Akin O, Kirby J, Huang E, Freymann J, Sainani NI, Sadow CA, Bathala TK, Rubin DL, Oto A, Heller MT, Surabhi VR, Katabathina V, Silverman SG. Radiogenomics of clear cell renal cell carcinoma: preliminary findings of the cancer genome atlas-renal cell carcinoma imaging research group. Abdom Imaging 40(6):1684-92, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 25753955.
- Gupta S, Kang HC, Ganeshan DM, Bathala TK, Kundra V. Diagnostic approach to hereditary renal cell carcinoma. AJR Am J Roentgenol 204(5):1031-41, 2015. PMID: 25905938.
- Bhosale PR, Wei W, Ernst RD, Bathala TK, Reading RM, Wood CG, Bedi DG. Intraoperative sonography during open partial nephrectomy for renal cell cancer: does it alter surgical management?. AJR Am J Roentgenol 203(4):822-7, 2014. PMID: 25247947.
- Atkinson BJ, Kalra S, Wang X, Bathala TK, Corn P, Tannir NM, Jonasch E. Clinical outcomes in metastatic renal cell carcinoma patients treated with alternative sunitinib schedules. J Urol 191(3):611-8, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24018239.
- Ganeshan D, Morani A, Ladha H, Bathala TK, Kang H, Gupta S, Lalwani N, Kundra V. Staging, surveillance, and evaluation of response to therapy in renal cell carcinoma: role of multidetector computed tomography. Abdom Imaging 39(1):66-85, 2014. e-Pub 2013. PMID: 24077815.
- Korivi BR, Jensen CT, Patnana M, Patel KP, Bathala TK. A rare presentation of lymphoma of the cervix with cross-sectional imaging correlation. Case Rep Radiol 2014:1-5, 2014. e-Pub 2014. PMID: 24864220.
- Nwawka OK, Bathala TK , Kabutey NK, Kim D. Simple technique for transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt reduction using a flared stent graft. J Vasc Interv Radiol 23(9):1251-1253, 2012. PMID: 22920989.
- Wiele AJ, Surasi DS, Rao P, Sircar K, Su X, Bathala TK, Shah AY, Jonasch E, Cataldo VD, Genovese G, Karam JA, Wood CG, Tannir NM, Msaouel P. Efficacy and safety of bevacizumab plus erlotinib in patients with renal medullary carcinoma. Cancers 13(9), 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 33946504.
- Gregg, J. R., Surasi, D. S., Childs, A., Moll, N., Ward, J. F., Kim, J., Daniel, C. R., Logothetis, C., Bathala TK, Davis J.W.. The association of periprostatic fat and grade group progression in men with localized prostate cancer on active surveillance. Journal of Urology 205(1):122-128, 2021. e-Pub 2021.
- Ranasinghe W, Shapiro D, Reichard C, Eisheshtawi M, Nyame Y, Sundi D, Tosoian H, Wilkins L, Alam R, Achim M, Bathala TK, Tang C, Aparicio A, Navone N, Pisters L, Stephenson A, Klien E, Ross A, Allaf M, Davis J, Chapin B. Outcomes of men with ductal prostate cancer undergoing definitive therapy for localized disease. Journal of Clinical Oncology 38(Issue 6):e1662, 2020.
- Thaker N, Pasalic D, Ning MS, Tang C, Anscher MS, Bathala TK, Kudchadker R, Ma J, Venkatesan AM, Wang J, Stafford RJ, Feeley TW, Frank SJ. Defining the value of magnetic resonance imaging-assisted radiosurgery for prostate brachytherapy: a pilot study using time-driven activity-based costing. Brachytherapy 18(3):S80, 2019.
- Duddalwar V, Lerner S, Huang E, Varghese B, King K, Cen S, Hwang D, Altun E, Bathala T, Kennish S, Ibarra Rovira J, Lucchesi F, Muglia VF, Thomas S, Vikram R, Vargas HA, Fevrier-Sullivan B, Kirby J, Jaffe C, Freymann J. Mp32-02 associations between genetic pathways and radiomic metrics in muscle-invasive bladder cancer. The Journal of Urology 201(4S):e441-e442, 2019.
- Lerner S, Duddalwar V, Huang E, Varghese B, King KG, Cen SY, Hwang, D, Altun E, Bathala TK, Kennish S, Ibarra J, Lucchesi F, Muglia VF, Thomas S, Vikram R, Kirby J, Jaffe C, Freymann J. Associations between genetic pathways and radiomic metrics in muscle-invasive bladder cancer. European Urology Supplements 18(1):e636, 2019.
- Lerner SP, Duddalwar V, Huang E, Altun E, Bathala TK, Steven Kennish, Ibarra J, Lucchesi F, Muglia VF, Thomas S, Vikram R, Vargas HA, Cen SY, Hwang D, King KG, Varghese B, Fevrier-Sullivan B, Kirby J, Jaffe C, Freymann J. Comprehensive radiogenomics analysis of qualitative and quantitative features of cross-sectional imaging in the TCGA project in MIBC. Journal of Clinical Oncology 37(7):482, 2019.
- Sanders J, Frank S, Bathala T, Venkatesan A, Anscher M, Tang C, Bruno T, Wei W, Ma J. Compressed sensing for prostate cancer brachytherapy post-implant magnetic resonance imaging without an endorectal coil. Brachytherapy 17(4):S72-S73, 2018.
- Reichard CA, Gregg JR, Bathala TK, Achim MF, Nguyen ON, Davis JW, Chapin BF. Pd47-08 predictors of organ confined disease in high and very high risk prostate cancer patients staged with mp-mri: implications for selective application of multimodal therapy. The Journal of Urology 199(4):e900, 2018.
- Sanders J, Frank S, Venkatesan A, Bathala T, Szklaruk J, Blanchard P, Kudchadker R, Ma J. True FISP for single sequence mr-only post-implant dosimetry of prostate brachytherapy. Med Phys, 2017.
- Sanders J, Frank S, Bathala TK, Venkatesan A, Kudchadker R, Blanchard P, Martin G, Wang J, Berner P, Bruno T, Ma J. Magnetic resonance imaging-based prostate brachytherapy - imaging with and without an endorectal coil for post-implant quality assurance. Brachy 16(3):S56, 2017.
- Farooqi A, Blanchard P, Bruno T, Kudchadker RJ, Wang J, Venkatesan A, Bathala T, Ma J, Frank SJ. Early quality of life outcomes for magnetic resonance imaging - assisted prostate brachytherapy patients. Brachy 16(3):S108, 2017.
- Blanchard P, Pugh T, Mahmood U, Swanson D, Graber W, Wang J, Bathala T, Lim T, Bruno T, Martin G, Kudchadker R, Frank S. Magnetic resonance imaging simulation for LDR prostate brachytherapy: Can we replace ultrasound with magnetic resonance imaging for treatment planning? Comparison of pre-planning, Day 0 and Day 30 MR dosimetry. Brachy 15(3):S57, 2016.
- Martin GV, Pugh TJ, Mahmood U, Swanson DA, Graber WJ, Wang JW, Bathala T, Lim T, Bruno T, Martin G, Kudchadker RJ, Frank SJ. Are we ready to replace post-implant computed tomography dosimetry? Permanent prostate brachytherapy post-implant magnetic resonance imaging dosimetry using positive contrast magnetic resonance imaging markers. Brachy, 2016.
- Blanchard P, Pugh TJ, Mahmood U, Swanson DA , Graber WJ, Wang J, Bathala TK, LimT, Bruno T, Martin GV, Kudchadker RJ, Frank SJ. Magnetic resonance imaging simulation for low dose rate prostate brachytherapy: Can we replace ultrasound with magnetic resonance imaging for treatment planning? Comparison of pre-planning, day 0 and day 30 magnetic resonance dosimetry. Brachy 15(Supplement 1):S57, 2016.
- Thaker NG, Agarwal A, Pugh TJ, Mahmood U, Guzman AB, Incalcaterra JR, Bathala TK, Kaplan RS, Kudchadker R, Bingham J, Das P, Kuban DA, Bucholz TA, Feeley TW, Frank SJ. Quality improvement in prostate brachytherapy using time driven activity based costing. Brachy 93:E503, 2015.
- Lim T, Wang J, Frank S, Stafford R, Bruno T, Bathala TK, Mahmood U, Pugh T, Ibbott G, Kudchadker R. SU-E-J-214: Magnetic resonance protocol development to visualize sirius magnetic resonance imaging markers in prostate brachytherapy patients for MR-based post-implant dosimetry. Med Phys 42(6):3314-3315, 2015. PMID: 26127603.
- Lim T, Wang J, Frank S, Stafford RJ, Bruno TL, Bathala TK, Mahmod U, Pugh T, Ibbott GS, Kudchadker. Magnetic resonance protocol development to visualize sirius magnetic resonance imaging markers in prostate brachytherapy patients for magnetic resonance-based post-implant dosimetry. Med Phys 41(6):99-99, 2015.
- Lim T, Kudchadker RJ, Wang J, Stafford RJ, Bruno TL, Bathala TK, Mahmod U, Pugh T, Ibbott GS. Initial patient experience with positive-contrast magnetic resonance imaging markers for low-dose-rate prostate brachytherapy. Brachy 14(Supplement 1):S35, 2015.
- Lim T, Wang J, Kudchadker R, Stafford R, Bathala TK, Pugh T, Ibbott G, Frank S. Sirius magnetic resonance imaging markers for prostate post-implant assessment: magnetic resonance protocol development. Med Phys 41(6):99, 2014.
- Bathala TK. Vascular Ultrasound. In: Problem Solving in Cardiovascular Radiology. 1. Elsevier, Inc: Philadelphia, PA, 2013.
- Menias C, Soto J, Anderson S, Bathala TK. In: Gastrointestinal Imaging Cases. McGraw-Hill Radiology: New York, NY, 2013.
Grant & Contract Support
|Title:||Travel Grant to attend European Congress of Radiology as Junior Image Interpretation session panelist|
|Funding Source:||Indian Radiological and Imaging Association|
|Title:||The University of Texas Kenneth I. Shine Academy of Health Science Education Small Grants Program|
|Funding Source:||UT Health Science Education Small Grant Program|
|Title:||A framework for the analysis of multiparametric MRI data and the application for disease control with tumor response assessment|
|Funding Source:||The Center for Radiation Oncology Research|