Instructor, Department of Endocrine Neoplasia and Hormonal Disorders - Research, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2014||Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, AUS, PHD, Cancer and Bone Biology|
|2001||School of Sciences, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, IND, MS, Life Sciences|
|1999||M.G. Science College, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, IND, BS, Biochemistry and Biotechnology|
|2014-2020||Research Fellowship, Endocrinology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Indianapolis, IN|
Post-doctoral Fellow, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, 2014 - 2020
Student-Research Assistant, ANZAC Research Institute, Concord Hospital, Concord, 2013 - 2013
Visiting Research Scholar, The University of Indiana, Department of Medicine, Endocrinology Section, Indianapolis, IN, 2011 - 2012
PhD Thesis Research, The University of Sydney, ANZAC Research Institute, Concord Clinical School, Faculty of Medicine Concord, Sydney, 2009 - 2014
Research Assistant, The Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute, Ahmedabad, 2001 - 2009
|2021||Research and Quality Improvement Development Award, Division of Internal Medicine, MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|2020||Lawrence Research Award, Bone Disease Program of Texas|
|2017||Charles H. Turner Young Investigator Bone Research Award, Orthopedic Research Society|
|2009||University of Sydney post-graduate award, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia|
- Trivedi T, Regan J, Bahrami A, Rojas J, Reiken S, John S, Suresh S, Murthy S, She Y, Tersey S, Cao X, Marks A, Evans-Molina C, Mohammad K, and Guise TA. Bone-derived TGF-β Impairs Glucose Metabolism and Insulin Release by Oxidation of RyR2 Ca2+ Release Channel in Pancreatic β-cells in the Setting of High Bone Turnover, Aging and High Fat Diet. Nature Metabolism. In Preparation, 2022.
- Trivedi T, Pagnotti GM, Guise TA, Mohammad KS. The Role of TGF-β in Bone Metastases. Biomolecules 11(11):1643, 2021. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34827641.
- Trivedi T, Guise TA. Systemic effects of abnormal bone resorption on muscle metabolism, and cognition. Bone:116245. e-Pub 2021. PMID: 34718221.
- Wang R, Kumar B, Bhat-Nakshatri P, Prasad MS, Jacobsen MH, Ovalle G, Maguire C, Sandusky G, Trivedi T, Mohammad KS, Guise T, Penthala NR, Crooks PA, Liu J, Zimmers T, Nakshatri H. Aging-associated skeletal muscle defects in HER2/Neu transgenic mammary tumor model. JCSM Rapid Commun 4(1):24-39, 2021. e-Pub 2020. PMID: 33842876.
- Trivedi T, Zheng Y, Fournier PGJ, Murthy S, John S, Schillo S, Dunstan CR, Mohammad KS, Zhou H, Seibel MJ, Guise TA. The vitamin D receptor is involved in the regulation of human breast cancer cell growth via a ligand-independent function in cytoplasm. Oncotarget 8(16):26687-26701, 2017. PMID: 28460457.
- Zheng Y, Trivedi T, Lin RC, Fong-Yee C, Nolte R, Manibo J, Chen Y, Hossain M, Horas K, Dunstan C, Zhou H, Seibel MJ. Loss of the vitamin D receptor in human breast and prostate cancers strongly induces cell apoptosis through downregulation of Wnt/β-catenin signaling. Bone Res 5:17023, 2017. e-Pub 2017. PMID: 28944088.
- Waning DL, Mohammad KS, Reiken S, Xie W, Andersson DC, John S, Chiechi A, Wright LE, Umanskaya A, Niewolna M, Trivedi T, Charkhzarrin S, Khatiwada P, Wronska A, Haynes A, Benassi MS, Witzmann FA, Zhen G, Wang X, Cao X, Roodman GD, Marks AR, Guise TA. Excess TGF-β mediates muscle weakness associated with bone metastases in mice. Nat Med 21(11):1262-1271, 2015. e-Pub 2015. PMID: 26457758.
- Zheng Y, Chow SO, Boernert K, Basel D, Mikuscheva A, Kim S, Fong-Yee C, Trivedi T, Buttgereit F, Sutherland RL, Dunstan CR, Zhou H, Seibel MJ. Direct crosstalk between cancer and osteoblast lineage cells fuels metastatic growth in bone via auto-amplification of IL-6 and RANKL signaling pathways. J Bone Miner Res 29(9):1938-49, 2014. PMID: 24676805.
- Ooi LL, Zheng Y, Zhou H, Trivedi T, Conigrave AD, Seibel MJ, Dunstan CR. Vitamin D deficiency promotes growth of MCF-7 human breast cancer in a rodent model of osteosclerotic bone metastasis. Bone 47(4):795-803, 2010. e-Pub 2010. PMID: 20638491.
- Regan JN, Trivedi T, Guise TA, Waning DL The Role of TGFβ in Bone-Muscle Crosstalk. Curr Osteoporos Rep 15(1):18-23, 2017. PMID: 28161871.
|Title:||Role of Bone-derived TGF-beta on Glucose Metabolism in the Setting of Breast Cancer Bone Metastases|
|Funding Source:||Department of Defense (DOD)|
|Title:||Metabolic complications of cancer and cancer treatment-induced bone destruction: Role of TGFβ-mediated oxidation|
|Funding Source:||Cancer Prevention & Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT)|
|Title:||Role of bone derived TGF-β on glucose metabolism, muscle function and bone quality in the setting of total estrogen deprivation and high fat diet|
|Funding Source:||Bone Disease Program of Texas|
|Title:||Anaplastic thyroid cancer: insight into mechanisms of bone metastases and musculoskeletal health|
|Funding Source:||Division of Internal Medicine (DoIM) Research and Quality Improvement Development Award|