Assistant Professor, Department of Cytopathology, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2004||Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA, MD, Medicine|
|1999||Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA, BS, Microbiology|
|2009-2010||Clinical Fellowship, Cytopathology Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2008-2009||Clinical Fellowship, Surgical Pathology Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2004-2008||Clinical Residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology Residency, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX|
Research Associate, Department of Pathology - Research, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine, Louisiana State University Lions Eye Center, New Orleans, LA, 2001 - 2001
Research Associate, Department of Pathology - Research, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA, 1997 - 2000
|2007||1st Place poster presentation, Texas Society of Pathologists 2007|
|1996||LSU Alumni Scholarship, Louisiana State University|
|1996||LSU Top 100 Scholarship, Louisiana State University|
- Kundu U, Guo M, Landon G, Wu Y, Sneige N, Gong Y.. Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology of Sclersoing Adenosis of the Breast: A retrospective Review of Cytologic features in conjunction with Corresponding Histologic Features and Radiologic Findings. Am J Clin Pathol 138((1)):96-102, 2012. PMID: 22706864.
- Khazai L, Kundu U, Jacob B, Patel S, Sneige N, Eapen G, Morice R, Caraway N.. Endobronchial ultra-sound guided transbronchial needle aspiration (EBUS-TBNA) is useful in evaluating mediastinal lymphadenopathy in a cancer center. Cytojournal 8((10)), 2011.
- Kundu U, Krishnamurthy S.. Utility of monoclonal antibocy MOC-31 as an immunomarker for detecting metastatic adenocarcnomas in effusion cytology. Cancer Cytopathology 119((4)):272-278, 2011.
- Kundu U, Gong Y.. Malignant mixed mullerian tumor with a lung metastasis: fine needle aspiration cytology and histology correlation. Pathology Case Reviews 16:90-93, 2011.
- Kundu U.. Fine needle aspiration of an intra-articular lesion of the left hip joint. American Society of Cytopathology Bulletin 47:158, 2010.
- Qu Z, Kundu U, Abadeer R, Wagner A.. Strongyloides Colitis is a Lethal Mimic of Ulcerative Colitis: the Key Morphologic Differential Diagnosis. Human Pathology 40((4)):572-577, 2009. PMID: 19144377.
- Kundu U, Hunt K, Krishnamurthy S. Utility of Frozen Section for Intra-Operative Evaluation of Sentinel Lymph Nodes in Breast Cancer. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, 98th Annual Meeting, 2009.
- Zacariah S, Kundu U, Liu J, Brown R. Cytologic Diagnosis of Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma with or without Immunocytochemical Staining for S100p and Von Hippel-Lindau Gene Product. College of American Pathologists Anuual Meeting, 2008.
- Kundu U, Li W, Tan D, Allen T, Cagle P. Alpha-methylacyl-co-a-racemase (AMACR) Expression is a Biomarker of Poor Prognosis in Stage 1 and 2 Large Cell Carcinomas of the Lung. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, 97th Annual Meeting, 2008.
- Kundu U, Nguyen N, Qu Z. A Burkitt Lymphoma Case with Atypical Immunophenotype: Coexpression of CD5 and CD10, Cytoplasmic Light Chain Restriction. Texas Society of Pathologists, Annual Meeting, 2004, American Socieyt of Clinical Pathology, 2007.
- Kundu U, Allen T, Cagle P. Primary Lymphoepithelial-like Carcinoma of the Lung. Pulmonary Pathology Society Annual Meeting, 2007.
- Kundu U, Ostler D and Risin S. Free Light Chain Myeloma Diagnosed in a Patient with Unusual Neurological Presentations. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 126:650, 2006.
- Kundu U, Liu J, Zander D, Sienko A, Barrios R, Haque A, Allen T, Castro C, Singha N, Cagle P. Vitamin D Receptro and Steroid Receptor Coactivator-1 Expression in Pulmonary Neuroendocrine Neoplasms. United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology 95th Annual Meeting, 2006.
- Kundu U, Gomez E, Risin S, Hartwell E, Illoh O. Plasma Exchange in a Patient with Acute Liver Failure due to Amphetamine Overdose. American Association of Blood Banks, Annual Meeting, 2005.
- Kundu U, Morales C, Truett A, York B, West D. Congenic Mouse Proves Transgressive QTL Linked to Dietary Obesity. FASEB J, 1999.
- Kundu U, Morales C, Truett A, York B, West D. The Prescence of an Obesity Locus on Mouse Chromosome 4 is Confirmed in a Congenic Strain. International Journal of Obesity 23((5)):68, 1999.