Assistant Professor, Department of General Internal Medicine, Division of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|2009||Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX, USA, MBA, Business Administration/Healthcare Organization Management|
|2004||The University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA, BA, Biology/Business Foundations|
|2013-2014||Clinical Fellowship, Geriatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2010-2013||Clinical Residency, Family Medicine, Memorial Hermann Southwest, Houston, TX|
|2009-2010||Clinical Internship, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX|
|2014||American Board of Family Medicine in Geriatrics|
|2014||American Board of Family Medicine|
Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Division of Geriatrics and Gerontology, The University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine, Orange, TX, 2014 - 2016
Associate Medical Director, Michael E. Debakey Veterans Administration Medical Center, Houston, TX, 2018 - 2020
Regional Lead for High Risk Programs, Healthcare Partners/Davita Medical Group, Los Angeles, CA, 2016 - 2018
Program Director of Observership Program, Department of General Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2023 - Present
Emergency Preparedness Officer, Department of General Internal Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, 2021 - Present
Institutional Committee Activities
Member, Infection Control Committee, 2022 - Present
|2019||I CARE Michael E. Debakey VA Award|
|2013||Dale E. Moquist Excellence in Geriatrics|
- Razouki ZA, Ali NT, Nguyen VQ, Escalante CP. Risk factors associated with venous thromboembolism in breast cancer: a narrative review. Support Care Cancer 30(10):8589-8597, 2022. e-Pub 2022. PMID: 35511300.
- Pham PT, Woo W, Nguyen V, Frei K, Truong DD.. Dystonia-Associated Mutation (Delta-GAG) in DYT1 Gene Disrupts the Interaction Between Torsin Monomers. Movement Disorder Journal:P06.150, A515, 2006.
- Preetesh Jain, Chi young Ok, Ahmed Fetooh, Loretta Nastoupil, Jason Westin, Holly A. Hill, Ranjit Nair, Swaminathan P. Iyer, Raphael Steiner, Hun Ju Lee, Sairah Ahmed,Rashmi Kanagal-Shamanna, Fatima Z. Jelloul, Luis Malpica, Yang Liu, Yijing Li, Jovanny Vargas, Lei Feng, Maria Badillo, Selvi Thirumurthi, Guofan Xu, Anita Deswal, Cezar Iliescu, Vinh Quang Nguyen, Guilin Tang, Keyur Patel, Francisco Vega, L. Jeffrey Medeiros, Christopher Flowers and Michael L. Wang. Acalabrutinib with Rituximab as First-Line Therapy for older patients with Mantle Cell Lymphoma. Hematological Oncology. A Phase II Clinical Trial, 2023.
- Lilley EJ, Soones T, Nguyen V, Magnabosco L, Katz M, Roland C, Ikoma N, Tran Cao H.. Preoperative Referral for Geriatric Assessment to Inform Treatment Decision-Making. Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Geriatrics Society, 2023.
- L. Magnabosco, D. Joseph, M. Misoi, V. Q. Nguyen, T. Soones. Hard to Swallow: A Case of Posttransplant Lymphoproliferative Disorder. Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Geriatrics Society, 2023.
- V. Q. Nguyen, T. Soones, L. Magnabosco, D. Joseph, V. Weizenecker. Cognitive Impairment and Cancer Survivorship. Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Geriatrics Society, 2023.
- SJ Concors, EM Arvide, LR Prakash, TN Soones, AT Ngo-Huang, V.Q Nguyen, TE Newhook, N Ikoma, JE Maxwell, HS Tran Cao, YS Chun, M Kim, JE Lee, JN Vauthey, MHG Katz, CD Tzeng. Mitigating Serious Morbidity for Older Patients Undergoing Major Pancreatic and Hepatobiliary Surgery. Digestive Disease Week 2022, 2022.