About Dr. Wendong Yu
I am a Pathologist with special interests in Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology, and Cytopathology. I joined MDACC in 2020. I am also the Medical Director of Anatomic Pathology at Houston Area Locations (HALs), and Executive Advisor for Cytotechnology program in the School of Health Professions. My research work has involved the clinical utility of Mass Spectrometry imaging, morphologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular studies of various bone and soft tissue tumors, and HPV in head and neck tumors.
Associate Professor, Department of Pathology/Laboratory Medicine, Division of Pathology/Lab Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
|1997||Weifang Medical University, Weifang, CHN, MD, Clinical Medicine|
|2014-2015||Clinical Fellowship, Cytopathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2012-2013||Chief Resident, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Miami /Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL|
|2010-2014||Clinical Residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of Miami /Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL|
|2015||American Board of Pathology Cytopathology|
|2014||Anatomic and Clinical Pathology|
- Zhang J, Li SQ, Lin JQ, Yu W, Eberlin LS. Mass Spectrometry Imaging Enables Discrimination of Renal Oncocytoma from Renal Cell Cancer Subtypes and Normal Kidney Tissues. Cancer Res 80(4):689-698, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31843980.
- DeHoog RJ, Zhang J, Alore E, Lin JQ, Yu W, Woody S, Almendariz C, Lin M, Engelsman AF, Sidhu SB, Tibshirani R, Suliburk J, Eberlin LS. Preoperative metabolic classification of thyroid nodules using mass spectrometry imaging of fine-needle aspiration biopsies. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 116(43):21401-21408, 2019. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31591199.
- Zhang J, Rector J, Lin JQ, Young JH, Sans M, Katta N, Giese N, Yu W, Nagi C, Suliburk J, Liu J, Bensussan A, DeHoog RJ, Garza KY, Ludolph B, Sorace AG, Syed A, Zahedivash A, Milner TE, Eberlin LS. Nondestructive tissue analysis for ex vivo and in vivo cancer diagnosis using a handheld mass spectrometry system. Sci Transl Med 9(406), 2017. PMID: 28878011.
- Zhang J, Yu W, Ryu SW, Lin J, Buentello G, Tibshirani R, Suliburk J, Eberlin LS. Cardiolipins Are Biomarkers of Mitochondria-Rich Thyroid Oncocytic Tumors. Cancer Res 76(22):6588-6597, 2016. e-Pub 2016. PMID: 27659048.
- Wang J, Yu W, Cai Y, Ren C, Ittmann MM. Altered fibroblast growth factor receptor 4 stability promotes prostate cancer progression. Neoplasia 10(8):847-56, 2008. PMID: 18670643.
- Yu W, Wang Y, Shaw CA, Qin XF, Rice AP. Induction of the HIV-1 Tat co-factor cyclin T1 during monocyte differentiation is required for the regulated expression of a large portion of cellular mRNAs. Retrovirology 3:32, 2006. e-Pub 2006. PMID: 16764723.