Associate Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
Associate Professor, Department of Neurosurgery, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
Assistant Professor, Department of Cancer Biology, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
Assistant Professor, Department of Department of Neuroscience, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL
As a Physician Scientist, Dr. Kim’s laboratory takes a multidisciplinary approach to the research of solid tumors with a specific focus on malignant primary and metastatic brain tumors. Her work has been published in journals such as the New England Journal of Medicine, Nature, Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Biomedical Engineering, Nature Reviews Immunology and Nature Reviews Drug Discovery. Dr. Kim’s lab is interested in understanding the molecular cross-talk that occurs between tumor and stromal cells within the tumor immune-microenvironment, while also developing multiple patented therapeutic strategies to inhibit tumorigenesis. Her current research primarily focuses on finding new ways to promote immune recognition of glioma cells to boost the efficacies of cancer immunotherapies. Her group also pursues the identification of predictive and prognostic biomarkers for personalized medicine in the context of brain tumors.
|2012-2013||Clinical Fellowship, Skull Base Surgery, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2011-2012||Clinical Fellowship, Neurosurgical Oncology, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX|
|2006-2009||Clinician Investigator Program, University of Toronto, Toronto|
|2005-2011||Clinical Residency, Neurosurgery, University of Toronto, Toronto|
|2002-2005||Clinical Residency, Neurosurgery, University of Ottawa, Ottawa|
|2000-2001||Research Fellowship, Neurologic Surgery, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA|
|2012||Neurosurgery, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Canada|
|2002||Medical Council of Canada/College of Surgeons of Ontario|
- Yang Z, Shi J, Xie J, Wang Y, Sun J, Liu T, Zhao Y, Zhao X, Wang X, Ma Y, Malkoc V, Chiang C, Deng W, Chen Y, Fu Y, Kwak KJ, Fan Y, Kang C, Yin C, Rhee J, Bertani P, Otero J, Lu W, Yun K, Lee AS, Jiang W, Teng L, Kim BYS, Lee LJ. Large-scale generation of functional mRNA-encapsulating exosomes via cellular nanoporation. Nat Biomed Eng 4(1):69-83, 2020. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31844155.
- Jiang W, Kim BYS. Rational design of nanomedicines in the immuno-oncology era. Nature Nanotechnology, 2019.
- Jiang W, Feng M, Kim BYS, Zhang CC, Fu YX, Weissman IL. Targeting phagocytosis checkpoints: Bridging innate and adaptive antitumor immunity. Nature Reviews Cancer, 2019.
- Zheng X, Fang Z, Wang X, Zhang C, Yin R, Wen C, Liu X, Deng S, Zhou P, Hu H, Chen X, Wang X, Zhao Y, Xin L, Lin SH, Kim BYS, Zhou P, Jiang W, Wu Q, Huang YH. Increased vessel perfusion predicts the therapeutic efficacy of immune checkpoint blockade. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 2018.
- Lee A, Chan CKF, Seo Ey, Park S, Lu Wj, Hong WX, Kim BYS, Jiang W, Nag D, Lin S, Nguyen P, Weissman IL, Wu JC, Longaker M. Formation of de novo blood vessels by a novel multipotent vessel progenitor cell population for treatment of ischemic injury. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 2018.
- Yuan HF, Jiang W, Chen Y, Kim BYS. Study of osteocyte behavior by high-resolution intravital imaging following photo-induced ischemia. Molecules, 2018.
- Liu ZG, Huang YH, Kim BYS, Jiang W. Tumour vasculature: A new target for cancer immunotherapy?. Trends Pharm. Sci. (Cell Press), 2018.
- Liu ZG, Jiang W, Jutaek N, Moon JJ, Kim BYS. Immune modulating nanomedicine for cancer therapy. Nano Letters, 2018.
- Bi Y, Lee RJ, Wang X, Sun Y, Li L, Wang M, Li C, Xie J, Jiang W, Yang Z, Kim BYS (co-corresponding author), Teng L. Self-Assembled Tumor Penetrable and Reduction Responsive Prodrug by Cell Penetrating Peptide-Bridged SN38-PEG Conjugate for Cancer Chemotherapy. ACS Nano, 2018.
- Wang Y, Liu ZG, Huang YH, Li J, Kim BYS, Story MD, Jiang W. The reciprocity of cancer immunotherapy and radiotherapy. Clinical Cancer Research, 2018.
- Chen Y, Liu X, Yuan H, von Roemeling CA, Qie Y, Knight JA, Wang Y, Yun K, Jiang W, Kim BYS.. Therapeutic remodeling of the tumor microenvironment enhances nanomedicine delivery. Advanced Science, 2018.
- Ioannidis J, Kim BYS, Trounson A. How to design preclinical studies in nanomedicine and cell-therapy to maximize prospects for clinical translation. Nature Biomedical Engineering, 2018.
- Huang YH, Kim BYS, Chan CKF, Hahn SM, Weissman IL, Jiang W. Improving immune-vascular Crosstalk Cor Cancer Immunotherapy. Nature Reviews Immunology, 2018.
- Yang Z, Shi J, Xie J, Sun J, Chen Y, Liu T, Zhao Y, Zhao X, Wang X, Malkoc V, Chiang C, Kwak KJ, Fan Y, Kang C, Yin C, Rhee J, Bertani P, Otero J, Lu W, Lee A, Jiang W, Teng L, Kim BYS (co-corresponding author), Lee J. Cellular nanoporation releases large quantities of mRNA-encapsulated exosomes for transcriptional manipulation. Nature Biomed Engineering, 2018.
- Li Q, Wang Y, Jia W, Deng H, Li G, Deng W, Chen J, Kim BYS, Jiang W, Liu Q, Liu J. Low-Dose Anti-Angiogenic Therapy Sensitizes Breast. Clin Cancer Res. e-Pub 2019. PMID: 31848190.